RAWK Goes Into Meltdown | 2013/14

It's quite odd because as my memory recalls, I do not remember them having the same reservations about City's morality and their bullishness towards financial fair play on the last game of the season in 2012?

Maybe it's just me. What goes around, comes around.

Somebody stuck a picture up for facebook with an an arrow pointing saying 'this person has the same amount of medals as Steve Gerrard' anyone got that pic? I can't bloody find it now lol

Haven't quoted from there I awhile but came across this in the Suarez thread.

I believe he was ill yesterday. I've not seen him pant so much, use every opportunity to sit on the advertisement boards. I've not seen anybody get up, dust it off and give their all either. Special player, hard-working and honest, brutally honest at times, but a modern day working class man which is a rarity among footballers these days. Shankly would be proud to have a Luis Suarez in his team busting every gut of his lungs in the 95th minute while not in the best of shape, and showing that bit of emotion at the end.

It's quite odd because as my memory recalls, I do not remember them having the same reservations about City's morality and their bullishness towards financial fair play on the last game of the season in 2012?

Maybe it's just me. What goes around, comes around.

For fans to take such a superior moral stance, it would help if their club didn't just post losses of £50million :rolleyes:

I have read that had they qualified for this season's Champions League they'd have failed the initial screening of FFP and would only have just scraped through once pre-2010 wages were discounted.

So.. What would the RAWKbola sufferers have to say about that? LoL
The Uruguay and Liverpool striker has vowed to return to Ajax one day:
And the 27-year-old, who has enjoyed a double award-winning campaign on Merseyside this season, says he is still "crazy" about the Dutch giants and keen to play for the Godenzonen again in the future.

"I've always said on one day I will return at Ajax," Suarez told Helden magazine. “Even if the manager doesn't want me, I'll go. For sure!

"Ajax was a very important step in my life. My wife Sofia and I are crazy about Amsterdam and the lifestyle, the respect from and for everyone.

"We had a happy life and could live there in peace. We walked a lot through Amsterdam."
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892...-return-to-ajax?CMPID=140507_EN-GB_SuarezAjax

Is this the start of a summer of look how the uk press hound me again I wonder....

For fans to take such a superior moral stance, it would help if their club didn't just post losses of £50million :rolleyes:

I have read that had they qualified for this season's Champions League they'd have failed the initial screening of FFP and would only have just scraped through once pre-2010 wages were discounted.

True. Won't stop Brendan Rodgers pumping the old "but they've spent a fortune" rhetoric he used to justify the loss to Chelsea though.

Yes. The peak was reached on Saturday-Sunday when Liverpool were going to smash Palace 5-0/6-0 or even 9-0 to win on GD when we all were telling him that City dropping points is more possible than winning on GD.
Right now he is telling us how Gerrard is better than Scholes. It is like mini-RAWK here in the form of Barney.
If you ask him, he might still say that Liverpool will win on GD.

Barney seems a great poster in fairness. He's stuck around when it would have been far easier to go incognito, and he makes his points well, even if he is completely and utterly wrong about Gerrard being better than Scholes ;)

I think my favourite thing about LFC fans is the incredulity and disbelief when they see that other fans don't like them or mock their players e.g. Palace and City fans singing about Gerrard slipping.

They take it so hard.

How needy do you have to be to want everyone else to like you and feel sorry for you? Why even care?

:lol: Yep, its incredible how such large sections of their support take such offence at the rest of the country not supporting Liverpool.

Just bring on the transfer window. We'll get all our superstar loanees back (Boriinnniiiiiii!!!!, Suso, Ilori, Ibe, etc) and make 3-4 kwaliteee signings to destroy this lot next year!

Next year lads. Next year.

Barney seems a great poster in fairness. He's stuck around when it would have been far easier to go incognito, and he makes his points well, even if he is completely and utterly wrong about Gerrard being better than Scholes ;)

Yeah, to be fair he's stuck around throughout all of this piss taking madness, top poster without a doubt alright even when we all love to stick it to him, he still holds his cool.

I'm not sure if I'd ever be able to post on a rival forum without losing my rag. :lol:

:lol: Yep, its incredible how such large sections of their support take such offence at the rest of the country not supporting Liverpool.

I don't expect them to support our players, but I'm betting half of the idiots that were singing the song about him are the same ones that'll be wearing the Gerrard 4 kits in the summer.

I don't expect them to support our players, but I'm betting half of the idiots that were singing the song about him are the same ones that'll be wearing the Gerrard 4 kits in the summer.
Just the same with rooney though, he gets slated all season, minute he scores a goal in England colours he'll be talked about as the best player in the world.

If Rooney had made such a crucial balls up I'm sure fans of every other club in the country would have been all over it, regardless of whether they supported the English national team or not. Its hard to generalise across an entire fan base, but I really doubt Utd supporters in general would have been that worked up about it. Its only appallingly shite countries like Ireland (my international team) that seem to support their players regardless of club affiliation.

But .... It wasn't Stevens fault.. Anyone could have slipped in that situation. Just because he says it shouldn't slip, then slips....ain't no reason to be down on the boy.

Stevie's slip did end it for them. Had Liverpool drawn or won against Chelsea, they would not have drawn against Palace. They would have never had to play the GD scenario. They probably would have parked the bus after going up 2-0. They would have controlled their own destiny.

Everything bad that has happened to them revolves around Stevie's slip. HE COST THEM THE TITLE.

The David Moyes Effect has altered the football universe.

The David Moyes Effect has altered the football universe.

When Moyes was named United manager, it altered the football universe.His sacking has brought it back to normal. Without the Moyes sacking, Liverpool would have wrapped up the title already.

It was funny seeing Liverpool fans taking pictures next to the Moyes statue, they had no idea it was a curse.

Possibly.

I felt however as the playmaker for Liverpool, Gerrard could have looked to find Suarez more often in that crowded penalty area rather than shooting. Jamie and Gary pointed out instances where Liverpool's attackers were in enough space to receive the ball into their feet and I think those passes combined with a good first touch by somebody like Suarez could have been more threatening than shots, and very well led to a goal.

Rodgers did get his preparation wrong however his tactics don't rely on Gerrard taking shots, that was down to him. His tactics tend to result in Gerrard getting the ball to the danger men in front of him and I do think he could have done that at the edge of the penalty area.

I might be over-rating Suarez a little but I just feel more passes into his feet would have led to something, and when at the edge of the area, that patience was important. Gerrard wasn't just the captain but playmaker also therefore his decision to take 8 shots in the second half as opposed to passing it around the penalty area patiently probing, looking for one of his attackers to find a little bit of space before the pass into their feet was costly.

Rodgers should have prepared them better so they were drilled for this however the captain and playmaker still needs to be adaptable and find ways to create chances. I suppose what I'm saying is that if that were Pirlo, Xavi or Xabi Alonso, they would be less likely to shoot and more likely to get the ball into the feet of one of their attackers, for this reason Gerrard's decisions decreased their chances to get that goal. To me, it seemed apparent he tried to force the goal however with the function he serves in the team, he should not have tried to force anything.

Good post. Plus, Suarez would certainly have gone looking for a penalty at some point. Could have conned the ref and allowed Saint Gerrard to atone his mistake.

It's just a little too much IMO. I love my American patriotism but let's pretend an international flight only has Americans on it despite the obvious others. Maybe I'm just being harsh because it was a shit movie.

I get it.

I thought you were being against patriotism in general.

This would be good with a 3-1, 3-2, 3-3 caption.

I recall its popularity when the US beat Spain in 2009, with a 1-0, 2-0 caption between Borgnine's expressions.

gallery_82195_34941_252920.gif

But .... It wasn't Stevens fault.. Anyone could have slipped in that situation. Just because he says it shouldn't slip, then slips....ain't no reason to be down on the boy.

No White Text?

This is the guy who deliberately let Chelsea score to hand them the title. I've always been fair when it comes to opposition player, but this cnut, meh... he deserve everything he got

look up the stats of how many shots were on target the whole match. He made a deliberate back pass.

They still have a very slim chance...but on Sunday if City lift that trophy....this would still end up being a very satisfactory season.

I am far from Gerrard's biggest fan but it's very unprofessional if true. I find it hard to believe he'd do that.

look up the stats of how many shots were on target the whole match. He made a deliberate back pass.

They still have a very slim chance...but on Sunday if City lift that trophy....this would still end up being a very satisfactory season.

Posts like this would make RAWK proud.

I am far from Gerrard's biggest fan but it's very unprofessional if true. I find it hard to believe he'd do that.

I'm being fair, it's hardly surprising

I would have done that if I'm in his shoes, the fans would love him, and teammates won't care, there's nothing to play, but I bet he'll be laughing if our position is swapped and i'm the one who slips after the kumbawa hug a'team and kissing the camera.

Round and roundabout