RAWK Goes Into Meltdown | 2013/14

Norwegian football commentator: "if Sturridge had scored instead of hitting the posts three times, he would be into double figures this early." Guess which team he supports. It's a different mindset altogether

This was in response to the assertion that teams sitting a little deeper when defending a slender lead is something that all teams do and was nothing wrong.

So in that post he calls Moyes a fool and also says Rodgers should copy his tactics.

He also says that Rodgers doesn't defend a one goal lead deep. erm.....

He makes a valid point about how the 1-0 gives the oppo hope to the death. We've been there and complained about it ourselves.

He makes a valid point about how the 1-0 gives the oppo hope to the death. We've been there and complained about it ourselves.

My friend, that's not what I was pointing out, it was the stupidity of saying Rodgers doesn't do it even though he's done it 4-5 times already this season and tried it all year last year and then going on to say that Liverpool should copy our tactics against Arsenal.

Also, didn't Moyes bring on Rooney in a recent CL game to secure the win with more goals. The reason Arsenal penned us in is because they are a bloody good side. We still created 2 clear chances and had a penalty turned down.

Norwegian football commentator: "if Sturridge had scored instead of hitting the posts three times, he would be into double figures this early." Guess which team he supports. It's a different mindset altogether

Who's that, Alsaker?

Alsaker is fantastic... Even if United trounce Liverpool in a big match, he sounds excited about the goals no matter which way they go. It'd be hard to make a case for him being biased, IMO.

If I could play football like Wayne Rooney I would be a professional footballer.

There, can I get a gig on Norwegian TV now?

My friend, that's not what I was pointing out, it was the stupidity of saying Rodgers doesn't do it even though he's done it 4-5 times already this season and tried it all year last year and then going on to say that Liverpool should copy our tactics against Arsenal.

Also, didn't Moyes bring on Rooney in a recent CL game to secure the win with more goals. The reason Arsenal penned us in is because they are a bloody good side. We still created 2 clear chances and had a penalty turned down.

Oh, I know. I too enjoyed how after getting the agenda out of the way he actually made an intelligent observation on the two banks of four.

It's just the two together end up being two valid observations, which places him at the higher end of RAWKite IQ in my experience.

Oh, I know. I too enjoyed how after getting the agenda out of the way he actually made an intelligent observation on the two banks of four.

It's just the two together end up being two valid observations, which places him at the higher end of RAWKite IQ in my experience.

Not really. He's a class A bullshitter. United haven't been making a habit of defending a one goal lead with Moyes. We've done it a few times out of necessity and only once unnecessarily. We've actually made subs with a goal lead recently to completely put paid to that notion.

Not really. He's a class A bullshitter. United haven't been making a habit of defending a one goal lead with Moyes. We've done it a few times out of necessity and only once unnecessarily. We've actually made subs with a goal lead recently to completely put paid to that notion.

Sure, the argument was flawed, but I liked the way he articulated the perils of the 1-0 lead. Much better than good drivers being able to tell a car crash when they saw one. ;)

BTW, for those not getting the last sentence, I don't expect you to.

Just seen a guy say that the reason Ferguson retired was that he wanted to sign Suarez but he didn't want to upset Evra, so he and the club decided to bring in a new manager and that Suarez was one of the failed attempts in the summer.

:wenger:

Just seen a guy say that the reason Ferguson retired was that he wanted to sign Suarez but he didn't want to upset Evra, so he and the club decided to bring in a new manager and that Suarez was one of the failed attempts in the summer.

:wenger:
:eek: :lol: :rolleyes:

Who's that, Alsaker?

Alsaker is fantastic... Even if United trounce Liverpool in a big match, he sounds excited about the goals no matter which way they go. It'd be hard to make a case for him being biased, IMO.

That was Alsaker, who's awful imo, and I'm far from being the only United supporter who thinks that. But alas, a different discussion altogether.

If I could play football like Wayne Rooney I would be a professional footballer.

There, can I get a gig on Norwegian TV now?

The sad part is - you probably could. If you are English, thus making you somewhat exotic as a pundit, you also stand one heck of a chance. But in all fairness, the Norwegian PL-networking invites some rather decent pundits, except for that one Liverpool wanker with the big nose whom I cannot recall the name of.

The sad part is - you probably could. If you are English, thus making you somewhat exotic as a pundit, you also stand one heck of a chance. But in all fairness, the Norwegian PL-networking invites some rather decent pundits, except for that one Liverpool wanker with the big nose whom I cannot recall the name of.

I'm not English mate. Since when is that exotic anyway? :lol:

Alsaker is a gooner.

Indeed! I'm pissed off every time he is commenting United games. I recall the season where Ronaldo scored 42 goals (?) - everything he did was wrong, selfish, lucky, should have passed etc etc. Torres still gives him multiple orgasms.

Edit: Isn't Gooner an Arsenal fan btw? He's clearly a Liverpool supporter.

That was Alsaker, who's awful imo, and I'm far from being the only United supporter who thinks that. But alas, a different discussion altogether.

Yeah, well, I've found that a ton of grievances against commentators by United supporters are grossly overstated... Perceived bias against your own team registers really strongly. Alsaker, to me, sounds thrilled about exciting developments in a game, whether it's for his team, against it, or even for arch rivals United. My two pence, I'll leave it at that as it seems we're just going to have to disagree.

As for the exotic Brits debate, I think part of the allure is that said Brits have Premier League experience.

edit: and I have NO idea how MrEriksen has gotten into his head the idea that Alsaker is a gooner. He's a Liverpool supporter, as has been stated by himself a fair few times in the media.

Yeah, well, I've found that a ton of grievances against commentators by United supporters are grossly overstated... Perceived bias against your own team registers really strongly. Alsaker, to me, sounds thrilled about exciting developments in a game, whether it's for his team, against it, or even for arch rivals United. My two pence, I'll leave it at that as it seems we're just going to have to disagree.

As for the exotic Brits debate, I think part of the allure is that said Brits have Premier League experience.

edit: and I have NO idea how MrEriksen has gotten into his head the idea that Alsaker is a gooner. He's a Liverpool supporter, as has been stated by himself a fair few times in the media.
My bad, my memory failed me miserably here. Can't for the life of me remember who was an Arsenal fan.
Could it have been Aleksander Schau?

My bad, my memory failed me miserably here. Can't for the life of me remember who was an Arsenal fan.
Could it have been Aleksander Schau?

Schau has always seemed like a United fan to me, but I've never heard or read him state what team he favours.

Kenneth Fredheim is an Arsenal supporter, I know that much, but he doesn't commentate anymore, I think?

Another gem

Ronaldo is a better player than Messi. Not knocking Messi. But the top 3 are Suarez,Ronaldo & Messi. you can argue all day over who's best but at the minute Suarez gets it on current form.

Suarez is a fantastic player, I don't think anyone would argue against that. However, surely the most blinkered Liverpool fan wouldn't put him in the same bracket as Messi and Ronaldo. That's just absurd.

Oh, he meant former Prem players made exotic pundits? I can see that. Take Shearer, he is exotic, not because he is English but dull and thick as pigshit. One of a kind indeed.

Suarez is a fantastic player, I don't think anyone would argue against that. However, surely the most blinkered Liverpool fan wouldn't put him in the same bracket as Messi and Ronaldo. That's just absurd.

Based on what we often read on this thread I wouldn't be surprised what the most blinkered Liverpool fan could come up with.

About as absurd as actually trying to define the most blinkered Liverpool fan?

Based on what we often read on this thread I wouldn't be surprised what the most blinkered Liverpool fan could come up with.
It must be a wonderful world they live in when they come up with nonsense like that, reality mustn't exist. :lol:

About as absurd as actually trying to define the most blinkered Liverpool fan?
Fair.

Tbf, Messi and Ronaldo have shit goal records in the Premier League this season compared to Gnasher.

Oh, he meant former Prem players made exotic pundits? I can see that. Take Shearer, he is exotic, not because he is English but dull and thick as pigshit. One of a kind indeed.

Trevor Morley is frequently a guest, which I find cool because he understands Norwegian perfectly, but responds in English. They've also had plenty of others, like Phil Thompson, Tony Adams, Andy Cole, etc.

Alsaker's the best by far, very easy to listen to, knows his shit and hides his Liverpool side well enough.

I like Phil Thompson as a studio guest as well, he's really passionate. It was great when he commented on cross country skiing. :)

Erm....OK, why? That's the biggest load of bollocks I think I've heard in a long time although given the author I'm not shocked.

Also, crw, when posting Mail stories, post the text too so we don't have to give them cnuts the hits.

Erm....OK, why? That's the biggest load of bollocks I think I've heard in a long time although given the author I'm not shocked.

Also, crw, when posting Mail stories, post the text too so we don't have to give them cnuts the hits.
Sorry, didn't know!

Anyway,

Gerrard: "I voted for him[Suarez] in my top three,"

"I think everyone knows how much I rate him, I think we are very lucky to have him and we have to enjoy him while he's here.

"For me he is one of the top four or five players in the world, for sure."

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/3...ard-backs-suarez-for-ballon-dor?ICID=HP_BN_11

Gerrard: "I voted for him[Suarez] in my top three,"

"I think everyone knows how much I rate him, I think we are very lucky to have him and we have to enjoy him while he's here.

"For me he is one of the top four or five players in the world, for sure."

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/3...ard-backs-suarez-for-ballon-dor?ICID=HP_BN_11

Liverpool captain in supporting Liverpool's best player shocker.

There's something going on in Merseyside, they must be making giant strides in the battle against mental illness when this thread is on 33 pages and that's all we've got. Or is it our relative league positions that triggers their dementia? Give it a few weeks then.