RAWK Goes Into Meltdown | 2013/14

Seriously, who reads that shite other than to take the piss out of the cock winder who is stealing a living bashing his sausage fingers on a keyboard stringing a few words together?
You can have your blind optimism, I'll stick with reality.
Reality?... feck me.. The shite that gets spouted on here sometimes.

Really poor article. How did Liverpool get under our skin when we had near total domination over them for most of Fergie's spell!

And all the Gerrard stuff is nonsense, Fergie was just saying he didn't rank him at the top like a Scholes or Keane. Saying he "didn't particularly rate him that strongly" as the article does is pure stupidity.

Sh!T article.

Yeah, Keane pissed all over anything Liverpool have had at their club, certainly in the past 20 years. Gerrard is a makeweight compared to Keane. His "greatest" moment - being the second half against Milan in 05 was all about Hamann being brought on. If he was any good, he'd have a league medal by now....at a different club.

Anyway, all this talk about Liverpool dropping down, I would like to see it happening now. I don't want to have to wait for the "inevitable". S&S are driving the team forward and talk about a shitty squad, for a club not playing in Europe or the league cup, doesn't hold much water now. I need them to start dropping points NOW! .....who do I talk to about this?

Yeah, Keane pissed all over anything Liverpool have had at their club, certainly in the past 20 years. Gerrard is a makeweight compared to Keane. His "greatest" moment - being the second half against Milan in 05 was all about Hamann being brought on. If he was any good, he'd have a league medal by now....at a different club.

:rolleyes: He was bloody good!

Gerrard is one of the best midfielders of his generation. Any team in the world would have been delighted to have had him. I think Fergie was partly praising Carrick and partly wumming because he knows how touchy Liverpool are about..... everything really. He said something similar about Lampard and got a measured response from the guy. Talk about Stevie G and all hell breaks loose. Job done.

Keane doesn't piss all over Gerrard. I rate Keane higher, but it's a small difference. I know you added the "certainly in the last 20 years" but Souness was even better. Best CM we've had at our club.

The stark realisation that they're a million miles away from what's required to challenge for the title should be hitting home right about now.

There could be some good snippets added here later. :D

The stark realisation that they're a million miles away from what's required to challenge for the title should be hitting home right about now.

I don't think anyone actually believed we would win the title.

A loss away to an Arsenal side who are looking very dangerous. I'm gonna wait another while until I start laughing at them.

I don't think anyone actually believed we would win the title.

Replace the word 'title' with 'challenge for top 4' and you'd have the same scenario.

In terms of the Premier League food chain, you're sixth. At best.

There's no way that you're going to finish ahead of both Arsenal and Spurs.

Beaten 2-0 away from home by current league leaders? Hardly anything to be ashamed of. Surely Chelsea getting beat today by Newcastle is more concerning for them than than this is for us?

Replace the word 'title' with 'challenge for top 4' and you'd have the same scenario.

Spurs have been absolutely gash this season, to suggest Liverpool finishing in the top 4 is not realistic aim is just bitter and narrow minded.

We'll see. I'd be more concerned with your form at the moment than ours, if I were you.

Beaten 2-0 away from home by current league leaders? Hardly anything to be ashamed of. Surely Chelsea getting beat today by Newcastle is more concerning for them than than this is for us?

Nothing to be ashamed of, of course, but Liverpool were going there in bullish form and certainly fancied their chances.

After that putrid display, there's no denying that they are miles away from what's required to challenge.

We'll see. I'd be more concerned with your form at the moment than ours, if I were you.

Our form is fine, mate. Four wins from our last four games and we're starting to play much better football, too.

Liverpool, like Arsenal, had an attractive opening ten fixtures and admirably took advantage. Now that the heat is on, it'll be interesting to see how both teams fare.

Nothing to be ashamed of, of course, but Liverpool were going there in bullish form and certainly fancied their chances.

After that putrid display, there's no denying that they are miles away from what's required to challenge.

That performance hasn't been as bad as some performances put on by youse or even City and Chelsea at times this season, but I'm betting you think they'll still be contending. You're judging an awful lot on one performance. This isn't me saying we'll win the league either, as I don't think that.

Basing our chances for this season on one game is a little unfair, no? We were poor today but that doesn't mean we can't bounce back from it? Also Liverpool realistically aren't challenging for the title so it's a nothing argument. If I were you I'd maybe wait until United play them before sounding off.

ffs there is different thread to discuss Liverpool related topics and whether they can finish top 4 or not. This thread is for RAWKites.

Against the other top 8 teams Under Rodgers you have only just scraped past us and beaten Spurs who gifted you victory. A worrying stat.

Their thread on Moyes is always good for a chuckle, particularly that the musings of that PhaseofPlay knob:

10 games played, 3 lost. 40% win rate. That's Moyes' career standard. They are regressing to his mean.

This is a beauty. Imagine qualifying your point-of-view as being conclusive by using the fact that Robbie Savage holds a similar opinion.

Robbie Savage has been reading this thread

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24765059

Jesus wept.

Also Moyes has come out today to say that Wooney and Persie are the best strike duo, while that's a matter of opinion do you think he'd say that if he wasn't feeling pressure from a certain strike duo who are taking the league by storm?

Yeah, they're so fecking good that they don't pass the ball to one another (see last five minutes of today's game v Arsenal).

The amazing thing, as several noted a few pages back, is that Moyes has managed to lower expectations so far that if you offered the average Manc fan fourth right now above Liverpool they would snap your hand off, where if you had offered them that last May they would have laughed in your face for suggesting they'd fall so far so fast.

:wenger:

In fairness, there's nothing wrong with that argument. You look very cocky telling Barney they won't make top four ahead of Arsenal and/or Spurs when, last time I checked, Arsenal were top and we are eighth.

Right now I sure would take Top 4, CL place secured and a season under Moyes' belt.

In fairness, there's nothing wrong with that argument. You look very cocky telling Barney they won't make top four ahead of Arsenal and/or Spurs when, last time I checked, Arsenal were top and we are eighth.

Right now I sure would take Top 4, CL place secured and a season under Moyes' belt.

Look at Arsenal's fixture list, mate. Today - apart from the usual insipid Spurs performance in the North London derby - was the first real test that they've had, and that came another team in Liverpool who've benefited from a rather easy opening ten fixtures.

If Arsenal are still there come February, then I'll begin to take them seriously, but as of now, no.