RAWK Goes Into Meltdown | 2013/14

I tried already.

I noticed ;)

Still, it's a bit random to go bump that other thread to discuss the merits of Brendan trying 3-5-2 and it's topical as I expect much of the hilarity to result from his experiments and the RAWKites waxing lyrical about them.

The Everton bit was largely to put perspective on the inevitable claim that Johnson and Luis Enrique are the best wingbacks in the league. Baines and Coleman would be better suited to that and they play for a side at their level and their local rivals to boot, what is there not to like about that? :D

Still, it's a bit random to go bump that other thread to discuss the merits of Brendan trying 3-5-2 and it's topical as I expect much of the hilarity to result from his experiments and the RAWKites waxing lyrical about them.

feck me, cryptic and alien to talk about Liverpool in the designated Liverpool General thread. My mind well and truly is boggling.

Utd winning last night reminded me a little of how Liverpool occasionally won under Houllier-snatch a goal and then play the rest of the game with no real game-plan.
:lol: That sounds like them this season.

feck me, cryptic and alien to talk about Liverpool in the designated Liverpool General thread. My mind well and truly is boggling.

I don't think I've ever been there, I'm not particularly interested.

I am however relishing the prospect of Martínez (the manager they should have gone for to begin with) putting together a better and more fluid cube and chess board than theirs, whatever it is that that was all about.

I am however relishing the prospect of Martínez (the manager they should have gone for to begin with) putting together a better and more fluid cube and chess board than theirs, whatever it is that that was all about.

:lol: Yeah that was bizarre.

I don't think I've ever been there, I'm not particularly interested.

They already did, he rejected the chance to join them.

:lol:

Yes, I am indeed a worst-selling author, mate. :D

But all Rodgers had to was to listen to PhaseofPlay, show them chess boards and cube figures :(

His quote:

There were at least two people culpable for that goal, and one of them wasn't Gerrard (I think he just misjudged the flight of the ball)

So it's not mistake to "just misjudge the flight of the ball" which then fell to the Hernandez who scored?

It's not mistake if you miss clear chance in front of goal, you've just misjudged where you should put the ball, great logic that.

Could a side like Barca utilize a 3-5-2?

I recall SAF used it sparingly over the years, back in the late 90s when injuries piled up if memory serves, and I know some sides will go all out attack late on in a match if needing a goal or two. http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/manchester-united-bolton-wanderers/index/spielbericht_454.html Claims SAF went 3-5-2 against Bolton in 2003 but I don't recall that formation being a 3-5-2. I would imagine it was Phil RB and Fortune LB in a 4-4-2.

And what's a 4-4-2 double 6? http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/bolton-wanderers-manchester-united/index/spielbericht_1131376.html

His quote:

So it's not mistake to "just misjudge the flight of the ball" which then fell to the Hernandez who scored?

It's not mistake if you miss clear chance in front of goal, you've just misjudged where you should put the ball, great logic that.

He spouts the most unadulterated pile of shite that I'm not fully convinced it's not someone from here on a WUM.

His quote:

There were at least two people culpable for that goal, and one of them wasn't Gerrard (I think he just misjudged the flight of the ball)

Maybe this is just a take on the age old joke: there were two people culpable for that goal, one of them wasn't Gerrard (the other one was).

Been having a laugh at some of their Ferguson book launch comments:

Their does seem to be little love for Ferguson though, which is weird since he's been there for 25+ years and won them everything.

In all seriousness, I do kind of empathize with them, I couldn't imagine if Shanks wrote something like this and basically slapped his greatest players in the face; it'd leave a horrid taste in our mouths as fans and destroy any kind of image we had if him for years and years.
I'm rather saddened that the modern world encourages 'revelations' like this. Ferguson has some interesting things to say about leadership - in many ways, his book shows the behaviour of a classic Level 4 leader (all ego, leaves no succession plan). Whereas Bob Paisley is the epitome of a Level 5 leader.*

It's amusing to note how important Liverpool has been to his psychology. And perhaps underlines why Rafa was one of our greatest managers and Ferguson knew how much of a threat we were becoming.

As for having friends, I don't know if there were many managers who liked him or not. I'm not sure being a great manager is about making friends in the same line of work.

All I know is that Rafa has many hundreds of thousands of friends. This matters.

I kind of feel sorry for ferguson to be honest. Was he a great manager yes without doubt but it must be horrible to walk around with that much bitterness in side of you. Would love if Rafa stayed quite and gave us a "I am a professional" response.

And a couple of classic RAWK 'can't wait til fergie dies' quotes.

He may go down as one of the most successful managers in history but also he will be regarded as one of the most despised too. Its telling that after only 490'odd replies that the BBC sports page decided to close down their comments section more than likely due to the amount of negative responses. Apart from the vomit inducing media saturation, it will be a great day when he is no longer around in any way, shape or form and that day cant come soon enough.

Small, bitter man. Not one ounce of class. I'll shed no tears when the gin soaked fool is dead.

"Level 4 leader".... Wow.

The old deluded in their head 'most despised by everyone' always cracks me up. If you said to a brand new fan 'this guy won the lot for 25 years and is one of the greatest managers of all time. Have a read about him' their response would be complete awe.

It takes a special kind of retarded bitterness to look at that man and think he's a cretin. Sad feckers that think that, the lot of them.

It's amusing to note how important Liverpool has been to his psychology. And perhaps underlines why Rafa was one of our greatest managers and Ferguson knew how much of a threat we were becoming.

As for having friends, I don't know if there were many managers who liked him or not. I'm not sure being a great manager is about making friends in the same line of work.

All I know is that Rafa has many hundreds of thousands of friends. This matters.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That explains why we suck now. Its all because he was a level 4 leader and not 5, like we were told.

Sack Fergi... oh ummm... Sell Giggs

I'm rather saddened that the modern world encourages 'revelations' like this. Ferguson has some interesting things to say about leadership - in many ways, his book shows the behaviour of a classic Level 4 leader (all ego, leaves no succession plan). Whereas Bob Paisley is the epitome of a Level 5 leader.*

Post of the year material.

We need one of them Connect4 leaders.