RAWK Goes Into Meltdown | 2013/14

I haven't levelled up yet, mate. Here's a photo of the final boss, Brendan Rodgers:

400px-Gamesmaster_patrick_moore.jpg

Rafa won the most friends award last year! He ranks this above his CL win with Liverpool, I mean hundreds of thousands of friends is a magnificent lifetime achievement.

They keep peddling this idea that Fergie isn't loved by United fans and never had songs sang about him at Old Trafford. Some serious drugs in the water on Merseyside.

That's probably the worst article I've ever seen, bemused someone is being paid to write that. He appears to view Rafa as some sort of genius for that bizarre rant.
It wasn't a rant. It was a list of cold hard facts read calmly, and the only reason it's viewed as a rant is because the media is afraid of Fergie.

Could you read properly Spiersey please?

Been having a laugh at some of their Ferguson book launch comments:

I'm rather saddened that the modern world encourages 'revelations' like this. Ferguson has some interesting things to say about leadership - in many ways, his book shows the behaviour of a classic Level 4 leader (all ego, leaves no succession plan). Whereas Bob Paisley is the epitome of a Level 5 leader.*

It's amusing to note how important Liverpool has been to his psychology. And perhaps underlines why Rafa was one of our greatest managers and Ferguson knew how much of a threat we were becoming.

As for having friends, I don't know if there were many managers who liked him or not. I'm not sure being a great manager is about making friends in the same line of work.

All I know is that Rafa has many hundreds of thousands of friends. This matters.

This has to be someone on a WUM :lol:

♫He'll be there for youuuuuu

"The work ethic of Dirk Kuyt, the flair of John Barnes, the improvisation of Robbie Fowler, the unpredictability of Titi Camara, the never ending spirit of Javier Mascherano, the will to win of Graeme Souness, the trickery of Peter Beardsley, the ability to make something out of absolutely nothing of Fernando Torres, the nastiness of Steve Mcmahon, the back to goal brilliance of Kenny Dalglish, the danger of Michael Owen and the terrifying use of every inch of grass that is unique to him. That's Luis Suarez."

A Liverpool supporting guy on my Facebook. :lol:

No mention of the death threats to Gerrard's family when he tried to leave?

I've never seen a full explanation of that incident - if there even was an incident. Gerrard was all but gone to Chelsea, then had a sudden change of heart - and then a while later these rumours started popping up that a local scouse gangster had threatened to hurt Gerrard's family if we went south. It has always sounded very outlandish to me.

Fergie says something about it in his book, apparently - something about "outside influences".

Great mind at work:

If they crash and burn this season, they will sack Moyes next summer, and there is a good chance that they would get a quality replacement, since they are still a big and rich club. We need for Moyes to do reasonably well in his first season with the Mancs, so that he is allowed to carry on with the rebuilding process, and to personally pick the players who will be replacing the aging Giggs, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra and Carrick. He should also be in charge long enough to ruin van Persie's fitness.

Therefore, my ideal (realistic) scenario for this season would be:

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. LFC
4. Man Utd

Counter mind at work:

You have to be kiddin...

It will be us, Arsenal, ManCity and Chelsea...

Great mind back again:

I'd much rather have the Mancs in the top 4 this season, alongside LFC, Man City and Chelsea, for reasons explained above. Having Moyes in charge for at least another season (and 3 more transfer windows), with Arsenal and Tottenham out of the Champions League next season, is by far the best case scenario for LFC.

Great mind finds complementary genius:

I think best case scenario is they continue to bomb but then rally to finish fifth in a tight race. Title winning form after Christmas would be nice as long as that's not good enough to get fourth. Without Champions League football I think they'd lose a few players, Javier Hernandez couldn't be happy as a bench option in Europa league and Rooney's wages become a FFP issue. It'd make the next managers job tough regardless of who it is

Then the best one:

lol are you kidding me? We will finish at least 10 points above them.

Their academy and scouting system is useless anyway so there is no chance of getting good talent. I doubt any of the big manager names like Mourinho, Pep, Klopp, Conte would want to get associated with a sinking ship

Unbelievable bitterness. Just goes to show how badly Fergie f**ked and destroyed that lot.
What will it do to them if Moyes becomes successful? I fear for them. Some of them will actually commit suicide :(

I think best case scenario is they continue to bomb but then rally to finish fifth in a tight race. Title winning form after Christmas would be nice as long as that's not good enough to get fourth. Without Champions League football I think they'd lose a few players, Javier Hernandez couldn't be happy as a bench option in Europa league and Rooney's wages become a FFP issue. It'd make the next managers job tough regardless of who it is

:lol:

I just don't see where the optimism comes from, I'll be happy if we win the 4th place trophy.

The optimism isn't coming from our performances, per se, more so how equally shite all of the other contenders are looking.

And by other contenders, I'm only including City and Chelsea. No fecking way that Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs are going to be able to maintain their form over a season. Arsenal have had the handiest opening 11 fixtures in Premier League history, Liverpool have had some handy ones too, and Spurs are going to find it tough to compete in both Europe and domestically.

It's still between us and the petro-dollar sides, and I am very optimistic we'll come out on top.