RAWK Goes Into Meltdown | 2013/14

Course he did, Taking them to consecutive finishes above Liverpool and A cup final in his last couple of years, plus playing within his budget whilst the returing King Kenny of Kopshite spunked £120million.

wait, have i just been banned from RAWK without registering?
If Moyes didn't take over at Everton, they could have won loads.

Surely they'd have won the Championship a few times as they bounced up and down?

Liverpool have to be the only club on the planet that don't count hitting the crossbar and the post as actual missed opportunity's. It's all do do with their awful luck.

Earthy said:
In fairness, I've never heard of another team hitting the crossbar

It's like an allegory for the way that spacegoat Suarez has been crucified by the media.

They tried 3 at the back last night, though I thought it was more of a 3-5-2...

Yeah I didn't see that myself. I thought they lined up 4-4-2, come 4-3-3

-------------Mignolet
Toure---Skrtel---Sakho---Enrique
---------Gerrard---Lucas
Henderson----------------Moses
-------Sturridge---Suarez

Really surprising that it was actually 3-5-2

Yeah I didn't see that myself. I thought they lined up 4-4-2, come 4-3-3

-------------Mignolet
Toure---Skrtel---Sakho---Enrique
---------Gerrard---Lucas
Henderson----------------Moses
-------Sturridge---Suarez

Really surprising that it was actually 3-5-2

If it was 3-4-3 as that Rawkite said, it surely would have been,

-------------Mignolet
------Toure---Skrtel---Sakho
---------Gerrard---Lucas
Henderson----------------Enrique
---Sturridge---Suarez---Moses

But I certainly didn't see 3 up front, or Sturriidge playing especially wide, Suarez got out wide a bit, so maybe Sturridge was in the middle?

I was sure I saw them playing a 3 back, and 2 up front, but I couldn't say I saw/remember what was going on in their midfield. Perhaps it was just Enrique pushing forward more.

But I certainly didn't see 3 up front, or Sturriidge playing especially wide, Suarez got out wide a bit, so maybe Sturridge was in the middle?

I was sure I saw them playing a 3 back, and 2 up front, but I couldn't say I saw/remember what was going on in their midfield. Perhaps it was just Enrique pushing forward more.

Yeah, like I said, I really didn't see it. Unless the forwards had freedom to manoeuvre or Moses was playing behind the strikers? Either way, it's a nothing discussion as it turned into a 4-4-2 on defence IMO anyway.

What was PhaseofPlay's opinion of the match?

The RAWK's Arrigo Sacchi.

Someone in Liverpool tried to buy Sun from Tesco and the salesgirl at the counter tried to pick the paper with her fingernails and commented to her colleague that the paper should be banned from the shop. The customer complained to Tesco twitter handle and apparently, the girl was about to disciplined. Cue massive outrage against the customer and after mass messages and abuses, the guy quit twitter. Don't know what happened to the girl.

That's a bit of an overreaction. :wenger:

Someone in Liverpool tried to buy Sun from Tesco and the salesgirl at the counter tried to pick the paper with her fingernails and commented to her colleague that the paper should be banned from the shop. The customer complained to Tesco twitter handle and apparently, the girl was about to disciplined. Cue massive outrage against the customer and after mass messages and abuses, the guy quit twitter. Don't know what happened to the girl.

That's a bit of an overreaction. :wenger:

Fair fecks to her

If it was 3-4-3 as that Rawkite said, it surely would have been,

-------------Mignolet
------Toure---Skrtel---Sakho
---------Gerrard---Lucas
Henderson----------------Enrique
---Sturridge---Suarez---Moses

Nah I'm with you, it was a 3-5-2 with Moses the deeper of the forwards playing behind two strikers - that role should be perfect for Coutinho

-------------MIGNOLET------
-------TOURE---SKRTEL---SAKHO
HENDERSON--------------------ENRIQUE
--------GERRARD-------LUCAS-------
----------------MOSES---------
-----------SUAREZ---STURRIDGE---

Be interesting if three at the back will be something Brentan will try to make permanent - Mancini tried something similar at City and failed, as did Pep with Barcelona the season they didn't win the league (I think it was that season).

Be interesting if three at the back will be something Brentan will try to make permanent - Mancini tried something similar at City and failed, as did Pep with Barcelona the season they didn't win the league (I think it was that season).

Didn't Wigan try the same under Mancini? I think I recall United losing to them with their 3-5-2 approach.

Yeah, you're right - I'd forgotten about that. Helped save their season, and helped ruin ours :mad: (not that we needed much help that season).

Martinez*

Yup they did, it was their regular formation

Martinez - of course, thanks - it did work quite well at times for them considering the players they had available. You need a fairly mobile back three and the wingers need to be of high quality. I can imagine Enrique doing well in that position, maybe Johnson too. Valencia would've been terrific, I would assume.

Was hoping Martinez would give it a crack with Everton too.

He probably will. There was a pretty good article during the Summer explaining how Everton would be better off selling Fellaini as they were primed to adopt 3-5-2. It was quite convincing and I'd say they are better suited now with McCarthy instead of Fellaini.

He probably will. There was a pretty good article during the Summer explaining how Everton would be better off selling Fellaini as they were primed to adopt 3-5-2. It was quite convincing and I'd say they are better suited now with McCarthy instead of Fellaini.
Have they the CB's for it?

Baines and Coleman should be fine wingbacks, or mids in that setup.

I'm not familiar with their entire squad but it made sense, particularly at the back.

The wingbacks are spot on. The back three:

Distin (left footed and pacey, if ageing) ------- Alcaraz (performed that role at Wigan) ------- Jagielka (trained as a RB so should be fine covering)

Upfront you had a trident (it was actually 3-4-3 now that I think of it): Pienaar---------Mirallas behind Kone (who had been signed from Wigan presumably to replicate his form there). The Lukaku signing makes that interesting, there's also Barkley to consider, which may explain Martínez trying other avenues.

Midfield I guess would be McCarthy-Barry now?

---------------------Howard
---------Jagielka---Alcaraz---Distin
Coleman---McCarthy----Barry----Baines
---------Mirallas-------------Pienaar
---------------------Kone

Not bad at all, certainly would be fun to watch and a better 3-4-3 than Liverpool could put together IMO.

I'm not familiar with their entire squad but it made sense, particularly at the back.

The wingbacks are spot on. The back three:

Distin (left footed and pacey, if ageing) ------- Alcaraz (performed that role at Wigan) ------- Jagielka (trained as a RB so should be fine covering)

Upfront you had a trident (it was actually 3-4-3 now that I think of it): Pienaar---------Mirallas behind Kone (who had been signed from Wigan presumably to replicate his form there). The Lukaku signing makes that interesting, there's also Barkley to consider, which may explain Martínez trying other avenues.

Midfield I guess would be McCarthy-Barry now?

---------------------Howard
---------Jagielka---Alcaraz---Distin
Coleman---McCarthy----Barry----Baines
---------Mirallas-------------Pienaar
---------------------Kone

Not bad at all, certainly would be fun to watch and a better 3-4-3 than Liverpool could put together IMO.
Very much so! I'd love to see this running.

GTF. She's paid to sell the products that the shop retails not to be some fecking judge and jury of what people can buy. I despise the Sun, but that bint should be disciplined.

This. She should start her own where she bans Sun if she wants to act all smart ass. Those loons in Liverpool are fecking tribal. In the end it is personal choice which newspaper one should read.