RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2012/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little surprised nobody would take Suarez on a plate. I'm not saying I would shell out any record breaking fee's for him, but if he was there for the taking I would have to.

Yeah, it would be a great move to bring in a guy who used racist language against one of our players. I can't foresee any problems.

Also, he's the worst cnut in football right now, so that's also a problem.

Have some morals. It isn't just about winning. It's also about doing it with a bit of class.

tbf to Law, Suarez is a very good footballer. During the last WC, I rated him. In fact I thought him better than Sanchez. But he has zero integrity. We did not know this. Fergie and his scouts must have seen his 'file'. He had a 'history'.

This club would never have let a player like him play for us after he was found guilty of racial abuse. He would have been shown the door.

As much as I dislike Liverpool, it is terrible judgement by them, with their huge history and legacy to allow such a player to represent them.

Holy shit they're fecked when Suarez is sold in the summer. I mean take him away and Stevie G getting older and that team is verging on a relegation scrap team.

Liverpool are a very big club. They will attract good players. Suarez is not unique. In some way Gerrard is though. At his prime he was some player. He has had numerous injuries and no longer the player he was. They will have trouble replacing him...Its like us trying to find a player to replace Keane.

Liverpool are a very big club. They will attract good players. Suarez is not unique. .

They'll have a harder time than you think. They have been midtable for a while now. And with sugar daddy clubs popping up all over the place, good players will follow the money to clubs that are in the CL and can pay.

They can get damaged goods like Suarez, who no top four club wanted because he had bitten an opponents shoulder.

I think they have a long haul back to the top four, if they make it there. They'll have to rely on other clubs to fall apart.

Suarez will be playing champions league football next season.

Ok then mate.....Name the players in our squad that would get into the top 4's starting 11? I bet you cant name 5.

Reina > Lloris
Johnson > Kyle Walker
Agger > Mertesacker

Gerrard > Carrick

Suarez > Giroud

5!

That 2nd one is from a mod with 20k+ posts. The delusion is deeper than I thought.

Surprisingly, he thinks that Chelsea won't be Top 4.

Tbf Suarez is better than Giroud and Stevie G is better than Carrick so they've got two, maybe 3 if Glen Johnson would be considered > Walker.

Tbf Suarez is better than Giroud and Stevie G is better than Carrick so they've got two, maybe 3 if Glen Johnson would be considered > Walker.

So Gerrard can do what Carrick does in our team, and some more, eh? Dear god...

When everyone is healthy, I can only see the City need him, with Yaya moving more advance. I don't see us, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs need Gerrard in their midfield starting XI.

Gerrard is not great any more. I would pick Carrick over Gerrard as Carrick is the better player right now.

It's not CAF's delusion or whatever. It is the truth.

Gerrard is not great any more. I would pick Carrick over Gerrard as Carrick is the better player right now.

It's not CAF's delusion or whatever. It is the truth.

Yep. It's mind boggling that any United fan think Gerrard can replace Carrick and do better.

I'd pick Carrick over him and he plays a different role anyway, but Gerrard would get into our team maybe even ahead of Cleverley.

He is better than Scholesy at this age tbf.

I still would take Cleverley over Gerrard. Anyway, the question is there 5 Liverpool players than can get into Top 4 starting XI? the answer is NO.

The only position in the current United team which Gerrard can take is Cleverley's, but I am not sure if he would be good enough in that or not.

The only position in the current United team which Gerrard can take is Cleverley's, but I am not sure if he would be good enough in that or not.

I am pretty sure if he was here, he would get atleast as much and probably more game time than Cleverley. Actually Cleverley, Carrick and him would share the main game time with Anderson in rotation and Scholesy would maybe would have retired.

Even if Gerrard were here, it would be Carrick and other(s) for starting XI; not the other way around. And the way Cleverley performs so far, no way you could say that Gerrard would be a better choice to partner Carrick.

I am pretty sure if he was here, he would get atleast as much and probably more game time than Cleverley. Actually Cleverley, Carrick and him would share the main game time with Anderson in rotation and Scholesy would maybe would have retired.

Yes. But with us mainly playing with 2 midfielders and Rooney/Kagawa dropping deep, I don't think he would fit in place of Cleverley. Not comparing their abilities obviously, but with respect to the positions, Gerrard's best is when he is attacking, or in front of the midfield. Doing what Cleverley does for us now, covering all that space, and running throughout the length of the field, I am not so sure.

Yes. But with us mainly playing with 2 midfielders and Rooney/Kagawa dropping deep, I don't think he would fit in place of Cleverley. Not comparing their abilities obviously, but with respect to the positions, Gerrard's best is when he is attacking, or in front of the midfield. Doing what Cleverley does for us now, covering all that space, and running throughout the length of the field, I am not so sure.

Quality players adapt and we adapt the team around them. Gerrard may not have the same legs, but has adapted decently this season. We played many games across many seasons with a Scholesy who had lost his legs and Carrick playing together, so no reason why we couldn't have done it with Gerrard.

Cleverley offers different qualities and Gerrard would have given different. They would have started together a few games too. He would have gotten as i said more game time that Clev, or at least as much.

If it's for rotation and getting games, even QPR could have 3 players for Top 4 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.