RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2012/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's for rotation and getting games, even QPR could have 3 players for Top 4 teams.

We rotate first choice players all across the field in different formations. Who are our first choice wingers ? and who is first choice at CB out of Rio, Vida and Evans ? Would you consider Kagawa to be a backup player ?

If every player is healthy, we more or less have a good idea of our best starting XI, with the exception of left winger. With result and performance speak for themselves, Gerrard ain't replacing anyone in midfield.

Who gives a shit? Stop filling this thread with sense. Only posts with a high level of delusionment and hysterical nonsense are allowed here. YAWN x

article-2216654-1577C7C4000005DC-685_468x286.jpg

I suppose Brendan's own name is inside one of those envelopes!

Quality players adapt and we adapt the team around them. Gerrard may not have the same legs, but has adapted decently this season. We played many games across many seasons with a Scholesy who had lost his legs and Carrick playing together, so no reason why we couldn't have done it with Gerrard.

Cleverley offers different qualities and Gerrard would have given different. They would have started together a few games too. He would have gotten as i said more game time that Clev, or at least as much.

The thing I was trying to imply, and the same question which might have been asked many times... Would Gerrard be able to start in a two man midfield like Cleverley? I have not seen many Liverpool matches, but from what little I have seen, he has played in a 3 man midfield surrounded by Lucas/Allen/Sahin. So considering our base formation for this year, 4-4-1-1, would he be able to adapt to that? I would say, no.

They really are delusional:

A mate of mine actually believed they were better than Arsenal! And, wait for it, that Gerrard really outpaced Walcott (he didn't buy my argument that he had a 10 yard head start). Every time they get a questionable pen, they counter with "yeah, but we have been getting similar ones against us, one time or another" so that makes it OK, I suppose.

I wonder if the players are as focused on the refs as the supporters are? If so, no wonder they don't win any games. That penalty that was awarded to them was as easy as they come.

The thing I was trying to imply, and the same question which might have been asked many times... Would Gerrard be able to start in a two man midfield like Cleverley? I have not seen many Liverpool matches, but from what little I have seen, he has played in a 3 man midfield surrounded by Lucas/Allen/Sahin. So considering our base formation for this year, 4-4-1-1, would he be able to adapt to that? I would say, no.

I think you'd be in the minority in saying no to that. The vast majority would say 'who cares?'.

Some very angry scenes at RAWK :

Delusional Rawk Dipper said:
feck it. Im done with this shit. That was the biggest feck you tothe fans ive ever witnessed, just didnt give a feck. Well feck you liverpool, i wont give a feck either.

they've fecking done us 5-0 on aggregate this season

At least now some of the more optimistic (deluded) of us can get that thought of 4th out of their heads.

I hate Monday games.

Drunk team and Agger need to be dropped

Hilarious and sad in equal measure. 29 points off the league leaders, 19 points ahead of the bottom side. It's fair to say that replacing Dalglish hasn't paid off yet.

we are mid-table team, what do you expect ?

Lukaku made Reina and the Liverpool defense his bitch again.

Utter shambles. Grim fecking shambles. Where was the team who bossed City in their own back yard?! Grow some bastard balls.

We're shit. Really shit. Ive backed Brendan long enough but still we are shit. We're ninth, and I can honestly, honestly see us 11th or lower come the end of may. Id swap Brendan for Rafa right now.

:lol:

From one of the pool forums...

Red Soul
Forumite Join Date: Nov 2011
vCash: 500

The Damned United

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they stroll towards another title,ultimately without any credible challenge despite Citeh having a bottomless pit of available funds,I am wondering... What is their secret?.
We can cite biased officials,opposing teams raising the white flag before kick off and the senile,crimson faced vagrant's power in the game.
I don't make a habit of watching them apart from when they play us and a few games a season on match of the day.
Even the Manc biased press this season have made comments that they have not played particularly well.
Yet they are top of the League and nailed on for the title.
It is obvious that Van Persie has made a massive difference to them this season,but surely there is more to it than that.
The amount of games they have been behind this season and come back to win or draw is beyond belief.
Considering their domestic success over such a long period their European haul is embarrassing.Two European cups achieved via an unbelievably jammy two minutes at the end of the Bayern Munich final and Mongo's penalty.

Thoughts?

Red Soul

The Damned United

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they stroll towards another title,ultimately without any credible challenge despite Citeh having a bottomless pit of available funds,I am wondering... What is their secret?.
We can cite biased officials,opposing teams raising the white flag before kick off and the senile,crimson faced vagrant's power in the game.
I don't make a habit of watching them apart from when they play us and a few games a season on match of the day.
Even the Manc biased press this season have made comments that they have not played particularly well.
It is obvious that Van Persie has made a massive difference to them this season,but surely there is more to it than that.
The amount of games they have been behind this season and come back to win or draw is beyond belief.
Considering their domestic success over such a long period their European haul is embarrassing.Two European cups achieved via an unbelievably jammy two minutes at the end of the Bayern Munich final and Mongo's penalty.

Thoughts?

We never give in, simple as that.

And they've a cheek to talk, when their last European Cup was jammy all the way through. Late goals, ghost goals, dives to win penalties etc.

The sooner they accept how shit they are, the better.

Red Soul

The Damned United

Thoughts?

So United who've had to take on great Ajax, Juventus, AC Milan, Madrid and Barcelona sides stacked pretty much with the cream of football from the last 20 years, is embarrassing 'note only Madrid and Barcelona have had more european success in that time'....

This coming from a team that won the majority of their cups in a competition that was almost easier to win then the former cup winners cup.

Red Soul

The Damned United

Thoughts?

We do defy analysis in some sense.

We do defy analysis in some sense.

Not really.

The basic premise is flawed. Its based on us 'being and playing shit'

We don't. We have had some shit defensive performances, but given we still outscored the opposition, suggesting the team were shit is erroneous, clearly, the defense might have been, but our attacking play obviously wasnt.

We are on target for our highest ever points, that isnt a shit team playing shit. Its a very very good team. In a league that I personally think has a higher quality in the middle ten teams than at any point in the last decade , and two billion pound squads to fight against.

Not really.

The basic premise is flawed. Its based on us 'being and playing shit'

We don't. We have had some shit defensive performances, but given we still outscored the opposition, suggesting the team were shit is erroneous, clearly, the defense might have been, but our attacking play obviously wasnt.

We are on target for our highest ever points, that isnt a shit team playing shit. Its a very very good team. In a league that I personally think has a higher quality in the middle ten teams than at any point in the last decade , and two billion pound squads to fight against.

It wasn't a serious comment, just wanting the Scouse to continue to think that. Their delusions about us are always funny.

Thought this was pretty funny in their CL last 16 thread.

Sky sports news just said that Rangers have offered Juventus
all of their training facilities prior to their game with Celtic. ???

That seems generous until you remember that all they have is a few bibs and jumpers for goalposts. It would also be pretty embarrassing for Rangers if one of the juve players asked for a coin to decide the kick off.

It makes their pathetic reality program show that much more embarassing now.It was all about 'the group' and its 'potential' in that cringeworthy program, where are all the nice and encouraging words ? All the promise and determination showed ?

I'd pick Carrick over him and he plays a different role anyway, but Gerrard would get into our team maybe even ahead of Cleverley.

He is better than Scholesy at this age tbf.

Better than Scholes at 33/34? Scholes had one of his best seasons ever at that age in 2006/07. Don't think so.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...?utm_hp_ref=uk

Quote:
Rodgers, who can certainly talk the talk, perhaps doesn't walk the walk. He has infuriated Liverpool fans to the extent that on the Red and White Kop forums, a haven for the paranoid and deluded, he is something of a scapegoat.

Spacegoat typo there. ;)

Charlie adam booted that one away

I only recently saw this thread, its surely got to be a candidate for the best RAWK thread ever?

I wish the guy had posted an update to it at the end of the following season though!

The funny thing about it, the ONE person on that thread with perspective got shot down.

He was right about one thing though there was feck all Ferguson could do about it, however there was a feck load of things Rafa, Gillete and Hicks and the players could!

Okay this is not RAWK, but it is about Liverpool and really did make me say WHAT THE ACTUAL feck?????

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/12/liverpool-zenit-st-petersburg-racism

Some quotes

The Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre has admitted that Zenit St Petersburg's recent racism problems are a "major concern" for the club ahead of Thursday's Europa League tie in Russia

Ayre said travelling Liverpool fans would be issued with guidance on what to expect and how to behave, while the players would be briefed on how to react in the event of any racism or trouble.

With T-shirts supporting the racists of course.

We do plan to speak to the players about it," Ayre said. "As with everything, the players have a lot to take on board around such a big game – so we're going to do that just ahead of the game. The most important thing for our players is that they remain professional throughout this. We certainly won't tolerate that type of attitude or any of those types of incidents from our team.

Oh really......

Status
Not open for further replies.