RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2012/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I can be a little sentimental, that Gerrard goal is one of my favorite footballing moments in recent memory, perhaps ever.

The ball drops and he just settles the world . Then that right foot hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes all gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a twenty year old Steven Gerrard and your younger self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in and the net is shivering and Joe Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness.

God it'll be sad when that's gone. That we got him and kept him to ourselves is a match for any league title.

Poetic.

Credit where it's due. :)

Can a loss be a win? Net spend? Golden gloves? Player-for-player, we're better than the mancs?

Is there no end to RAWK's nonsense? Seemingly not, especially when it comes when it comes to evaluating Stewart Downing's contribution...

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you RAWK's latest bullshit: the assist to the assist.

TBH the phrase pre-assist was coined here. Im not sure who use it first, but what i know for sure it was someone from Berba's P R brigade

RAWKite said:
The ball drops and he just settles the world. Then that right foot hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes all gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a twenty year old Steven Gerrard and your younger self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in and the net is shivering and Joe Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness.

Gerrard said:
*Thinks* I'll just welly it...'

Its funny what teams that dont win titles come up with as consolation prizes isnt it. First you had Wenger with his Coming Forth Trophy. And now Liverpool fans unveil the Having Stevie G Cup, which they win every year and is as good as winning the league. Its almost enough to make you feel jealous.

Its funny what teams that dont win titles come up with as consolation prizes isnt it. First you had Wenger with his Coming Forth Trophy. And now Liverpool fans unveil the Having Stevie G Cup, which they win every year and is as good as winning the league. Its almost enough to make you feel jealous.

:lol:

"The ball drops and he just settles the world." Or, to put it another way, has a shot.

We ought to have some sort of competition for full-length RAWK parodies. But it's hard to do justice to the genuine ridiculousness of their posts.

We ought to have some sort of competition for full-length RAWK parodies. But it's hard to do justice to the genuine ridiculousness of their posts.

Yep. When one of their number (the guy who wrote the Henderson epic) has his work routinely published by the Sunday Times, ESPN et al, irony has reached critical mass.

Jennifer Beer and Brent L. Hughes published research they conducted at the University of Texas Imaging Research Center in February 2010, which showed that the more you view yourself as desirable or better than your peers, the less you use a portion of your brain’s frontal lobes. The Orbifrontal cortex is generally associated with reasoning, planning, decision-making and problem-solving.

Yep, it's a wholly inevitable 'Mindgames' thread on RAWK...

fatherted_dougalsbrain.gif

Suarez has always been quick to expound family values

Browse the Brendan Rodgers gift shop, and you’ll find plenty of mugs

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=302692.0

Have they been introduced to Skinner's box? Or is that too simple for them to understand?

In the midst of latest relevations considering match-fixing, do we have our agents down there?

If what I am reading in Danish newspapers is true, its hilarious. Apparently it was a Liverpool game against Debrecen, and their goalie was paid to let Liverpool score over 2,5 goals. They only scored 1 though, which is hilarous :lol:

Tell them that's well documented:smirk:

Apologies if posted. A poem to describe Liverpool's last couple of seasons.

A day to salve the pain,
of another day yet profaned.
By the errors of our ways,
when a WIN was just a grasp away.

I fret yet little bit less now tho',
with the lads knowing the way to goal.
It's been 2 seasons of GK blinders, posts and misses,
this one now seem to be "goooaaaal", jumpin, and pumping fists.

I thought I'd let my arty fart side come out a little to run rampant. Go easy on the rough pentameters.

Noteworthy points:
- Like what Sattapaal said, the game was lost because we didn't have the depth to send on people who could replace Enrique, Sturridge or even Suarez to an adequate level to either see the game out, or go for the kill at 2-1 up. I hope as the coming transfer windows happen, the team will be added to and not wheeled-and-dealed with so much.

- Agger, despite his apparent assured-ness on the ball, and Skrtel both need to be schooled by the veteran Carragher. That is a problem. Too often, when teams press high up against our back 5 (including Lucas/Allen), we have little alternative but pass it to Reina to hoof it toward the forwards. It worked to a degree yesterday because Sturridge was phenomenal in holding up the ball, playing the right link-up pass, and providing the outlet for Suarez to play the give-and-go.

It used to be that Agger could stride forward into midfield to play the ball to the midfielders, but without adequate back-up to cover him should he lose the ball, we have a problem playing it out of trouble later on in the game.

- It was a good game, and an almighty effort to hound the Blues out of their stride. But we were almost undone at the back a few times after Aguero's freakish equalizer, so a little more control and experience is needed to settle everyone down. Promising youngsters do not bring that quality, it's the experienced pros who do. For every Coutinho we buy, we should look at bringing in a McAllister.

- Lastly, may I say it was such a pleasure watching Gerrard's shot nestle pristinely in the nook of the net just behind the goal post. The precision of it all. Wow. The "beautiful game" was coined for moments like these. I thought I'd never experience it again, so thanks Cap'n.

'I am thick pentameter.'

:lol: oh yes

I love the way a line like I fret yet little bit less now tho' - which you just can't say in English, not even in poetry - is right next to with the lads knowing the way to goal, perhaps the single most prosaic line in the language.

This guy is ripping up the manual.

Comedy. The retreat from pretension heralds a diminution of inaccuracy, whilst foreshadowing a crescendo of pointless toss, as our correspondent might have it.

'Best Debuts of all time':

A certain Dirk Kuyt had a stormer of a debut for us against West Ham too. On the evidence of that half hour cameo, I remember telling my friends that we'd signed the next Alan Shearer.

Not Rawk but apparently completed nutmegs is a stat these days.

Lionel Messi has completed 21 nutmegs this season, 2nd best in top 5 leagues. Liverpool's Luis Suarez has 36. [via @suarezstats @messistats]

Imagine if they had an Iniesta playing for them?

iDrBc7jDgzL8R.gif

:lol: he was absolutely fecking shite in the first half. Gave away the ball 3 times and one this ridiculous dive that got paid. Down the right hand side he hit and easy 10 yard ball into space straight into touch.

Stewart Downing:

He's proving to be a very useful option in the squad.

He likes to hug the touch line which provides a lot of width and technically he is superb, he rarely misplaces a pass, has a great first touch and is often involved in tight quick passing inbetween opposition.

I can't quite put my finger on his actual position though, he seems to be playing as a right wingback/mid when out of possession and right winger when in possession. Rodgers' seems to have found a place for Downing, which emphasises his strengths and lessens his weaknesses.

His improvement has gotten to the stage where I'd be annoyed if we sold him barring a ridiculous fee.

His improvement is a testament to BR's man-management skills. Downing is not a bad player. Will he get us to the Holy Grail? In isolation, the answer is 'no' but football is a team game. ManUre had won multiple premierships with the likes of O'Shea in the team. I'm not saying Downing is our O'Shea. As long as he works within the manager's system and philosophy, I don't really care.

:lol:

Who the feck is sad enough to count them ?

Who knows but I want more Suarez nutmeg stats and I want them now.

His 'nutmeg-form' has been bad lately. Starting with nutmegging 29 players successfully in 20 games, he's now only done 7 in his last 10.
:(
0 - Luis Suárez hasn't completed a nutmeg in 3(!) games, he's never gone that long without a nutmeg before. Shock.
The poor form continues.

Messi is closest to Suárez with 21, says it all. Suárez is the worlds best 'nutmegger' by far.
Get in!

We're also counting nutmegs on the top dribblers in the Top 5 European Leagues to compare him to the best. Check our timeline!
I can't wait for their findings!

Status
Not open for further replies.