RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2012/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jellies@RAWK said:
I'm developing a serious mancrush on Hendo, though to be fair, I could fall in love with all our players after today. WHAT a performance!

henderspazyrci.gif

You're entitled to your opinion...as long as it's the right one...

'Thread Derailing, Persistent Negativity and Agenda Driven Spin':

There is however an increasing concern about short termism and persistent pessimism from a few but vocal set of posters.

This may be due to the non stop demand for news from 24hr multi platform news sites, feeding off and analysing every little scrap and titbit, actually hyping seeming nonsense into the status of 'important news' as there isn't anything else to talk about.

Or it may be that some of the fan base has changed into those who don't get it.

Several posts later...

I've deleted a couple of posts on here, because this isn't the thread to be perpetuating your own agenda and opinion, be it right or wrong, about the club.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=302219.0

Ill leave a picture as its visually easier for people to comprehend.
That's up there with Stubbins' diving header in the snow and the full impact of the Liverpudlian communion in terms of sheer comedy gold.

Love the 'It's ON!' vibes too. A joy to come home to this thread! :lol:

I think that Daniel Sturridge is going to make a difference for them. It was a terrible decision to sell a young England international with a proven track record of goals in the PL to a rival for 12 million. Sturridge was never given a proper chance at Chelsea, despite outscoring Torres from wide right in his first ever season. He scored 8 goals in 12 PL games at an average Bolton side and I think will be a 20+ goal a season striker for Liverpool.

He is younger, quicker, more skillful, more powerful, a more lethal finisher and has better support play than Fernando Torres 2013 and we played Torres no matter how bad he was and how many games he hadn't scored for, cos he was told after Munich when he threw a strop that he would be the main man.

Sturridge was desperate to impress on the very few chances that he got and took to shooting from anywhere, he is selfish anyway but I think that added to it. Selfishness can be a good thing through the middle, ask Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. I (sadly) think that someone who attacks the space, gets into the box and shoots a lot is exactly what they need.

It pisses me off every time I see him score a goal for them.

I think that Daniel Sturridge is going to make a difference for them. It was a terrible decision to sell a young England international with a proven track record of goals in the PL to a rival for 12 million. Sturridge was never given a proper chance at Chelsea, despite outscoring Torres from wide right in his first ever season. He scored 8 goals in 12 PL games at an average Bolton side and I think will be a 20+ goal a season striker for Liverpool.

He is younger, quicker, more skillful, more powerful, a more lethal finisher and has better support play than Fernando Torres 2013 and we played Torres no matter how bad he was and how many games he hadn't scored for, cos he was told after Munich when he threw a strop that he would be the main man.

Sturridge was desperate to impress on the very few chances that he got and took to shooting from anywhere, he is selfish anyway but I think that added to it. Selfishness can be a good thing through the middle, ask Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. I (sadly) think that someone who attacks the space, gets into the box and shoots a lot is exactly what they need.

You will get over it.

Sturridge is a bit like Defoe in the way that he can be great if you build the team to suit him. You won't get all that much creativity out of him, he won't do much defensive work, not got a great tactical understanding and so on.. but if you let him play his game and create chances he'll knock them in.

Had a feeling the Suarez-Sturridge partnership was going to work.

I think that Daniel Sturridge is going to make a difference for them. It was a terrible decision to sell a young England international with a proven track record of goals in the PL to a rival for 12 million. Sturridge was never given a proper chance at Chelsea,

Proven track record?......

Wish I could still post on RAWK. Just saw a thread talking about our debt and how it's not going down. The amount of uninformed bollocks that gets talked about at United is incredible.

Wish I could still post on RAWK. Just saw a thread talking about our debt and how it's not going down. The amount of uninformed bollocks that gets talked about at United is incredible.

I posted on there once and was banned in minutes. They were banging on about how "classy" they were, something about Liverpool supporters that really gets my goat.

I gave them a few home truths - idolising Howard Shipman cos he kills Mancunian pensioners, the whole away end singing Munich songs at Old Trafford, charging the fences in the Dell Alpi at the first tie since Heysel, trying to blame Chelsea for Heysel, stealing tickets from your own fans, charging turnstiles in Athens and Istanbul amongst others and being referred to by UEFA as "the worst fans in Europe" is not really conducive to class. In fact, they don't know the meaning of the word.

There are many words to describe Liverpool and their fans, but "classy" is not one of them, despite their obsession.

Had a feeling the Suarez-Sturridge partnership was going to work.

Steady on, mate. It was the first game they've started together and it was against a team they regularly tank.

The litmus test will be against the teams above them in the table, after all, aren't they yet to beat a team placed above them in the league this season?

The Scousers were waxing lyrical about Enrique at the beginning of last season, it was Joe Allen at the beginning of this season. Now it's Strurridge's honeymoon period, but how long will that last?

The jury is still very much out on this one.

It's spoken by Manchester City fan though. The Manchester City fans are a lot more retarded than Liverpool fans. Still deluded that we're gonna implode under Glazers.

It's spoken by Manchester City fan though. The Manchester City fans are a lot more retarded than Liverpool fans. Still deluded that we're gonna implode under Glazers.

Our debt should be gone come 2016/17 or something like that if all goes to plan, right?

Our debt should be gone come 2016/17 or something like that if all goes to plan, right?

We're going off topic now, but yes, if all these super-sized sponsorship deals go towards paying off the debt, it'll be around 2017* by the time we're debt-free.

*It could even be earlier depending on our success on the pitch in the interim. For example, a Champions League win is worth approximately £100 million to the victorious team.

We're going off topic now, but yes, if all these super-sized sponsorship deals go towards paying off the debt, it'll be around 2017* by the time we're debt-free.

*It could even be earlier depending on our success on the pitch in the interim. For example, a Champions League win is worth approximately £100 million to the victorious team.

Good to know, cheers :)

But offset by increased payouts to squads etc etc.

It's hard to tell when our club will be debt free. Indeed it's probably worth staying in debt somewhat.

What is certain however that we've gone through the worst of the Glazer owndership in regards to debt levels troubling our club. Our debt levels now are completely manageable. The missing PIK money should have hopefully been paid off with the share issue as well.

I don't think it's fair to say any fanbase is "retarded". The idea that one fanbase is better than the other seems really idiotic to me. It's obvious from this board/RAWK/Bluemoon etc that a majority of football fans are complete idiots. The reason we don't really get it here is because of our strict posting policy which means you have to get past the newbie system.

If anything RAWK/Redcafe show a level far above most boards where ugly signatures and text speech dominate, but but it's to be expected with the clubs having the two largest fanbases.

We give RAWK stick for many reasons, but they seem to be a well educated bunch. The reason it's so funny to laugh at the site is the delusion on show there, but I'm not sure I'd be any different if we were shit.

But offset by increased payouts to squads etc etc.

It's hard to tell when our club will be debt free. Indeed it's probably worth staying in debt somewhat.

What is certain however that we've gone through the worst of the Glazer owndership in regards to debt levels troubling our club. Our debt levels now are completely manageable. The missing PIK money should have hopefully been paid off with the share issue as well.

Well that is taken as a given really. To borrow a phrase from our Scouse friends (and no RAWK thread is ever complete without the term!), our "net spend" isn't extraordinary at all so I don't think it will affect the repayments on our debt at all. It will be negligible in the bigger scheme of things.

Really? I thought we are laughing all the way to the bank replacing Daniel with Ba for a profit.

I would be shocked if he got more than a dozen goals a season, I know its a bit of a cliche but I found him far too weak and selfish to be a top striker.

Gap down to 21 points. It's onnnnnn.

:lol:

I always worry about Liverpool...even when they're obviously shit. When Houllier/Evans were shopping for fun back in the day, I worried that the players brought in would be like our purchases of Schmeichel and Ole - unknowns but brilliant. When they went out and got big-name players, even players who could have been past it, like Riedle, I worried that they had found their Cantona. I always worry that they - above anyone else - will encroach on the top spot of the league.

I want them obliterated, then the bits burned and the ashes scattered....I fecking despise Liverpool shupporters above any other clubs' fans anywhere....even Gremio's.

January
Wed 30th Arsenal A
February
Sun 3rd Man City A
Mon 11th West Brom H
Sun 24th Swansea H

There are four tough games for them there. After that, they have a handy enough March, April & May apart from Spurs H, Chelsea H and Everton H.

I'm with Big Papi. I fear that one day Liverpool will be good again. I just want them to die. Just go away and don't come back.

They don't have the financial resources or infastructure to compete. Their best hope will be if a rich Arab or an oligarch comes in, which could plausibly happen given their 'istree, although Moores was trying to hawk them round the Middle East when he sold them to Hicks and Gillette (:cool:) to no avail.

I don't think they're a well enough run club to "do a Tottenham". Their scouting network seems pretty awful - although I fear Sturridge will come good for them, most of their signings seems to be overrated and overpriced British players.

They don't have the financial resources or infastructure to compete. Their best hope will be if a rich Arab or an oligarch comes in, which could plausibly happen given their 'istree, although Moores was trying to hawk them round the Middle East when he sold them to Hicks and Gillette (:cool:) to no avail.

I don't think they're a well enough run club to "do a Tottenham". Their scouting network seems pretty awful - although I fear Sturridge will come good for them, most of their signings seems to be overrated and overpriced British players.

I know there's no real reason. Logically they are garbage and will remain so but I have nightmares about Liverpool winning a league title.

Perhaps you should sign on as a self-proclaimed lover fall things Liberpool FC, how they're the greatest football club God has yet to create and so on, then lay the truth on those fukks in one blaze of glory like those two chicks, Thelma and Louise, who drove off a cliff into the Grand Canyon.

Lets chat this shit in the actual squad thread ay lads? Remember that funny pic I posted where Steve is the wise count clad in black and I'm the guard dog?..

Yep, just remember, folks: Steve is a count.

:lol: off topic but over the weekend I used that joke to great effect SteveJ. They were yelling Count, or so I thought......

:lol: Nice one, mate. :D If they don't think it's funny, feel free to blame me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.