View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reasons, Hojlund tends to make wrong move when the other passes to him. It happens quite often. It’s like there is zero chemistry. The passer intents to pass the ball to left, but he expects to get the ball on right. I think it’s due to his lack of awareness of the surroundings.

I think the simplest explanation is that we're not being coached properly. It's not as if this is the case exclusively with Hojlund.

It's the manager, it always has been. These set of players can and will play much better under a proper coach

For some reasons, Hojlund tends to make wrong move when the other passes to him. It happens quite often. It’s like there is zero chemistry. The passer intents to pass the ball to left, but he expects to get the ball on right. I think it’s due to his lack of awareness of the surroundings.

This is maddness. he simply runs to lose the defender. Bruno has no issue passing those curved passes to Rashy or Antony, but for some reason he simply refuses to do so to Højlund.

Martial doesnt have Højlunds pace. Why would he run towards Bruno instead of Bruno giving him a pass to run at. Bruno does that to Rashy, why not to Højlund.

Because a strikers job is to be the focal point. You can't always run off the ball, as his job is to also bring others into play. I actually think when he does this, he looks good.

Cole, Saha and Tevez benefitted from having fantastic team mates doing dangerous runs and pulling players away. Something Højlund doesnt have. If you expect him to be Rooney, Zlatan or Cantona you want something that isnt realistic for United to get.
Because fans have soft spot for him i always try to explain difference between Hojlund's potential and his current form. Hojlund's potential is huge and exciting but this season (except Galata game) he is not doing anything what would justify any praise for him.
He is not scoring goals, he is not winning duels in hold up play (one or two per game), he is not dribbling past players, he is not winning headers, he is not creating chances, he is often late to be on the right place, he is not showing that he is clinical striker (missed some solid chances) and he is not creating chances for himself "out of nothing" as some strikers can do.
"He shows desire". I don't give a shit about player's desire. When you start to judge a player by his "desire" then it is a sign that everything is at rock bottom.

I am sorry but i will always rate Man Utd player by his performances. And Hojlund's performances are on the level of the rest of the team. If he was older he would be criticized a lot here. But Caf always had soft spot for young players (which i fully respect).

I think Højlund will get better if Pellistri gets much more minutes on the pitch.

Spoonfed all the time? What kind of nonsense is that. He is receiving NOTHING from Bruno. There is quite a distance between nothing and spoonfed all the time.
He was poor today yes, but when he actually did receive a decent pass from Garnacho he held it up well and passed it well to Bruno who wasted the shot. Second half Rasmus has a clear run, waits and then moves, Bruno looks at him, but simply ignores the run and passes it sideways to Garnacho.
No, the nonsense is your post. He wasn't poor just today. He has been poor multiple times. That's why he has 0 goals, 0 assists and 0 impact.

Look, I'm not even going to defend Fernandes performances, he has been shite, that's factual, but he's still able of doing moments of magic and scoring well taken goals like today or assisting. Hojlund is incapable of none.

I believe he will still come good, he's only 20 and I saw him plenty of times at Atalanta for betting purposes where he displayed potencial. But he has been bad, at least in the PL. Him and Fernandes need to work on the chemistry, still few games playing together. Just don't go tinfoil mode saying that he doesn't like him or isn't passing on purpose. They got to build trust and chemistry. Playing multiple times together will help that.

I think the simplest explanation is that we're not being coached properly. It's not as if this is the case exclusively with Hojlund.

It's the manager, it always has been. These set of players can and will play much better under a proper coach
Well, you can only coach that much. More often, it needs time to let them know each other, through internal matches in training and real games. But, many players naturally have that kind of understanding to the others’ game. They just simply know instinctively and instantly what the passer wanna do.
it’s a big concern for me about what level Hojlund can reach.

No, the nonsense is your post. He wasn't poor just today. He has been poor multiple times. That's why he has 0 goals, 0 assists and 0 impact.

Look, I'm not even going to defend Fernandes performances, he has been shite, that's factual, but he's still able of doing moments of magic and scoring well taken goals like today or assisting. Hojlund is incapable of none.

I believe he will still come good, he's only 20 and I saw him plenty of times at Atalanta for betting purposes where he displayed potencial. But he has been bad, at least in the PL. Him and Fernandes need to work on the chemistry, still few games playing together. Just don't go tinfoil mode saying that he doesn't like him or isn't passing on purpose. They got to build trust and chemistry. Playing multiple times together will help that.

I am not saying Bruno doesnt like him. I am saying the lack of passes from him is a massive issue for Højlund. I dont even blame Bruno. It might be the manager who instructs him to prioritize the wings.

Because a strikers job is to be the focal point. You can't always run off the ball, as his job is to also bring others into play. I actually think when he does this, he looks good.

It is always strange to me how many people miss this, as if the striker is not really part of the team. Utd are not helping him excel, that is undeniable, but his own weaknesses in his all round game are a part of why Utd struggle to create. Plenty there to work with, has good physicality, workrate but the technical level needs to rise. Just a kid so it is not people writing him off, think he will be a good player, would love if he got to a Saha level, but stayed fit. Brilliant forward Saha, could score but his hold up/link up play, ability to run the channels, take pressure off running with the ball made him such a difficult guy for defenders.

0 shots. Just looked it up and i'm not surprised. Prime RVN would struggle in this team...and he'd probably punch half of our players in the dressing room.

Because fans have soft spot for him i always try to explain difference between Hojlund's potential and his current form. Hojlund's potential is huge and exciting but this season (except Galata game) he is not doing anything what would justify any praise for him.
He is not scoring goals, he is not winning duels in hold up play (one or two per game), he is not dribbling past players, he is not winning headers, he is not creating chances, he is often late to be on the right place, he is not showing that he is clinical striker (missed some solid chances) and he is not creating chances for himself "out of nothing" as some strikers can do.
"He shows desire". I don't give a shit about player's desire. When you start to judge a player by his "desire" then it is a sign that everything is at rock bottom.

I am sorry but i will always rate Man Utd player by his performances. And Hojlund's performances are on the level of the rest of the team. If he was older he would be criticized a lot here. But Caf always had soft spot for young players (which i fully respect).
That's the problem with modern united. No expectations, no demand, no standards. Just excuses. All players included not just Hojlund. United best players were Maguire and AWB ffs. That tells you something.

I am not saying Bruno doesnt like him. I am saying the lack of passes from him is a massive issue for Højlund. I dont even blame Bruno. It might be the manager who instructs him to prioritize the wings.
You need patience mate. I do believe he will come good. Chemistry between players takes time. But if Bruno keeps not passing to him despite good movements by Hojlund, then I'll admit there's a problem.

If you were Bruno, after the failed passes due to misunderstanding of intentions many times over many games, the weighting on who to pass in certain situations will apparently shift to safer options. Otherwise, it risks more turnovers. We have already played super shit game as a team with super amounts of turnovers.

It is a very simple explanation. Simplistic. And almost certainly inaccurate.

You should look closely Hojlund's movement before bashing Bruno. He is too often either late or early on position where he needs to be.

Damn, now i realise how i looked when i was blaming whole world why Pogba is failling. :angel:

It is always strange to me how many people miss this, as if the striker is not really part of the team. Utd are not helping him excel, that is undeniable, but his own weaknesses in his all round game are a part of why Utd struggle to create. Plenty there to work with, has good physicality, workrate but the technical level needs to rise. Just a kid so it is not people writing him off, think he will be a good player, would love if he got to a Saha level, but stayed fit. Brilliant forward Saha, could score but his hold up/link up play, ability to run the channels, take pressure off running with the ball made him such a difficult guy for defenders.
Oh, Saha! He is the real exception manutd has ever signed for so long. Even by today’s standard, he is a full-functional, all-around, modern forward. Everything is so good in his whole package except his injury woes. He could only show it in several short periods during his career, always disrupted by injuries.

Exactly that. It is like his job is to be in penalty box and wait for the ball in exact spot where he is standing. Be involved, ffs and make right moves. When he managed to hold up ball few times, it looked very good. But it was so rare so far.

We should go all out for Toney on Jan. I like Hojlund and I think there is potential there, but to expect a 20 year old to lead the line for man utd is really really unfair, and he can't do it.

The best characteristics of Rasmus work against our most dangerous players Bruno, Rashford, and Garnacho, just as Chelsea tried to play Lukaku alongside Mount, Havertz, and Werner did not work out.

Come on guys give the lad some slash. We all knew he's still too young and raw when we signed him. And it's only his first couple of months here.

He got pace, power and not bad on the ball. It's just problem of experience and adapting to a complete new league and new level. He actually has been doing much better than I expected. He'll be good I reckon.

But if possible please sign a good goal scorer by Jan. He's simply too young to carry the burden of a main #9 for us.

He is not ready to be Utd’s no 9 yet but he will be ready in a few years
I’ll still pay Martial or Rashford ahead of him whilst he integrates into the team

We should go all out for Toney on Jan. I like Hojlund and I think there is potential there, but to expect a 20 year old to lead the line for man utd is really really unfair, and he can't do it.
I think this is harsh on Hojlund but we need goals and he isn’t scoring. I’m not confident that anyone would be racking up goals in our current predicament and if anyone can, I’m not sure Toney is the man but he is actually quite similar to Hojlund and a very good all round forward with the experience of scoring good numbers of goals in the prem. So, yeah, I wouldn’t be against bringing Toney here.

He is not ready to be Utd’s no 9 yet but he will be ready in a few years
I’ll still pay Martial or Rashford ahead of him whilst he integrates into the team
He’d score more goals if the service was there. If he’s in city’s team he scores lots more.

He's a big work in progress. Looked a bit demoralised at times today. Probably partly with his play, partly with his form in the league and partly with the way our players rarely release the ball at the right time. His confidence has probably taken a knock in the league fixtures and until he bags a goal or two it will be like that.

Baby Weghorst/Danish Lukaku-type jibes will be flung around soon. He is getting stuck in a rut that due to inexperience at PL level, he will likely not emerge from anytime soon.

I personally wish he was bought and loaned back for a season, but the urgent need for a decent, perpetually fit No. 9 necessitated him being rushed into one of football's most difficult jobs.

He is a young, inconsistent, naïve lad in the wrong place at the wrong time. His confidence will be shot in no time and I fear he will spend the next season or two trying and failing to justify his price tag.

He’d score more goals if the service was there. If he’s in city’s team he scores lots more.
Probably true but we’re lacking goals all round and would kill for a hit streak from somebody. It could happen with Rasmus.

We, of course, need to be creating more and scoring more from well-worked team created chances. But we could also do with someone who can make goals for himself sometimes and produce a bit of magic. Most of the best teams have at least one player like that, usually several. Top teams don’t rely on those magical players but they do lift teams up another level. Hojlund isn’t that sort of player at the moment; Rashford was doing it for us last season but he is in a terrible dry spell.

Probably true but we’re lacking goals all round and would kill for a hit streak from somebody. It could happen with Rasmus.

We, of course, need to be creating more and scoring more from well-worked team created chances. But we could also do with someone who can make goals for himself sometimes and produce a bit of magic. Most of the best teams have at least one player like that, usually several. Top teams don’t rely on those magical players but they do lift teams up another level. Hojlund isn’t that sort of player at the moment; Rashford was doing it for us last season but he is in a terrible dry spell.
Rashford and probably Bruno is the one who can make things happen from nothing. We had a special player once named Greenwood that could make something out of nothing and create goalscoring opportunities. I do think though working more as a team and having a way of playing will create more goalscoring opportunities. Hojlund could probably have a few more goals now if we had wingers who wasn’t greedy or a winger with the quality to put in a killer ball for the ST to attack.

Spoonfed all the time? What kind of nonsense is that. He is receiving NOTHING from Bruno. There is quite a distance between nothing and spoonfed all the time.
He was poor today yes, but when he actually did receive a decent pass from Garnacho he held it up well and passed it well to Bruno who wasted the shot. Second half Rasmus has a clear run, waits and then moves, Bruno looks at him, but simply ignores the run and passes it sideways to Garnacho.

I literally saw a stat where he hadn't had a chance created for him in almost 3 games worth of minutes. Yet people say he's not good at striker :lol:

I'd be all for slating someone if they were missing constant sitters but my god even if this guy was prime Gerd Muller he wouldn't have a good scoring record in this team currently.

7 matches
0 goals
0 assists.

I have watched him, since he played his first game for Copenhagen, and I find it hard to understand that he is so poor for us, when he played good for Atalanta and for Denmark.
Denmark includes 3 vs Finland, 2 vs Borat, 1 vs Slovenia and 1 vs San Marino. Really is dross comp.

I mean if you want a player that has a "bit of magic" it's not going to be a physical box striker. People thought our attack would be transformed with a proper striker but it's the same as last season: We don't fecking pass to our strikers generally when the other two forwards are shoot first wingers and we lack ingenuity in the midfield/fullbacks if it isn't Bruno spamming balls forward.

Ill judge him when he gets a proper run in the team with actual wingers (Garnacho and Pellistri)

What I expected after the last few games. He was making runs and not being found a lot. So he will stop making the runs as much and then it will be a case he won't be ready and get into that bad habit.

We as a team don't score or create enough. Hoijlund as a second striker would have been good, it's crazy the lack of goal scorers we have.

Alarming performance. Lost the physical battle time after time. Seemed unable to link with his team-mates.

Not helped by Fernandes performing poorly up until his late goal, Eriksen giving the ball away out of character and Antony utterly useless today.

In the medium to long term, I'm optimistic about Hojlund but it may take him some time to adapt to the PL and for the team to understand how to play to his strengths.

Alarming performance. Lost the physical battle time after time. Seemed unable to link with his team-mates.

Not helped by Fernandes performing poorly up until his late goal, Eriksen giving the ball away out of character and Antony utterly useless today.

In the medium to long term, I'm optimistic about Hojlund but it may take him some time to adapt to the PL and for the team to understand how to play to his strengths.
And with experience he will improve a lot. He is very young.

No reason to be alarmed.

Until we start keeping the ball higher up the pitch(i.e. opposite of today) any striker will struggle.

He's doing what he can given the circumstances.

Denmark includes 3 vs Finland, 2 vs Borat, 1 vs Slovenia and 1 vs San Marino. Really is dross comp.
But he can't score against the dross in the league, maybe that's because the entire team is absolute garbage not just him.

Too many people in this thread were expecting Hojlund to carry us upfront this season and it shows, hyperbolic responses of how his performances are alarming or absolute shite

Club decided to throw a 20 y/o striker into the deep end without a backup, with the team an absolute shambles and creating nothing and people in this thread are going overboard as usual on this forum.

Check where your favourite strikers were at 20 y/o, Kane wasn't lighting it up in the Prem, because he was on loan sat on the bench in the Championship.

Get some patience and perspective.

Still he has been one of their best players in these games, and Slovenia is not that bad. In Atalanta he was good against the top teams as well. And I actually think he would have scored many goals by now, if he had been playing for Newcastle, Arsenal or Liverpool instead simply because they create chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.