View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a nasty knee challenge in the back and felt sore after the match.
Pricks.

They literally Just qualified ? Also they have some young talents coming through: Doku, Vermeeren, Mbamba, Vandevoort, Vranckx, Lavia, Onana, de keteleare, Bakayoko, Duranville, debast. Probably still missing a few.

Yeah the balance of an Onana-Lavia midfield with Doku out wide and Openda the goalscorer is already a strong start as long as you have another quality midfielder and an RW then it's a good front 6. No idea if the defenders will be good, barely seen any of the under 30 ones play except Al-Dakhil (versatile squaddie type, lacking in power for a Prem CB but also he's 21 so that's not a death sentence), Faes (lots of ability, seems a bit wild so maybe with a calm partner he'd be okay) and Castagne. One of Debast and Theate needs to be a quality CB and organize things, no idea how good those guys are, I think I've seen Theate play one half ever.

But yeah, Onana tackling and Lavia passing is the kind of double pivot that can go deep in a tournament if they become the players they look to be, even if they're not the same level of qualifying machine they've been in the Hazard era. This era seems like it might be more balanced but less stars, so maybe worse against the 3rd rate teams but capable of beating the first rate teams a tad more often than the current team because that midfield should be really tough to play against and they have the pace in attack and De Bruyne's decision making to still be great on the counter.

Got a nasty knee challenge in the back and felt sore after the match.
Pricks.

actually fun he got a Yellow card, just because after scoring (Youssuf) he just celebrated, and the San Marino players assaulted him. He did not at all seem aggressive, although a nice goal. seemed to just be a strategy to bully him, that Knee in the back if you had VAR that it has been CLEAN red, because it was so on purpuse, also the albow to the face, was not great.

But a ABYSMAL danish team, so often happen to us, no speed no joy, seems we only play well with decent and great teams, these "easy wins" we seldom do great in them, and San Marino getting an own goal from Kjær, is just far from OK.. we have been Piss poor in this group this time around, the Loss to Khasakstan was also just wierd, 2-0 to 2-3 in like a few minutes.

the Trainer lived of Hareides strong tactics (and that he enabled Eriksen to score 17 in 18 games) he had a good sprint because of the team synergy when Eriksen fell at last European. but he has done nothing Kasper Hjulmand since, this "happy" Attitude, and his constant trials on a failed 3 man defense..

so fun to see back in the European that we played REALLY poor when playing 3 men in the back, then reverted to the old Hareide / Morten Olsen 4-3-3 and we ended up winning, then calling it tactical genius from him.. Jebus..

Lack of talent on the Wings, so Højlund to move the ball instead which is not the strongest part of his game..... wierd game.

actually fun he got a Yellow card, just because after scoring (Youssuf) he just celebrated, and the San Marino players assaulted him. He did not at all seem aggressive, although a nice goal. seemed to just be a strategy to bully him, that Knee in the back if you had VAR that it has been CLEAN red, because it was so on purpuse, also the albow to the face, was not great.

But a ABYSMAL danish team, so often happen to us, no speed no joy, seems we only play well with decent and great teams, these "easy wins" we seldom do great in them, and San Marino getting an own goal from Kjær, is just far from OK.. we have been Piss poor in this group this time around, the Loss to Khasakstan was also just wierd, 2-0 to 2-3 in like a few minutes.

the Trainer lived of Hareides strong tactics (and that he enabled Eriksen to score 17 in 18 games) he had a good sprint because of the team synergy when Eriksen fell at last European. but he has done nothing Kasper Hjulmand since, this "happy" Attitude, and his constant trials on a failed 3 man defense..

so fun to see back in the European that we played REALLY poor when playing 3 men in the back, then reverted to the old Hareide / Morten Olsen 4-3-3 and we ended up winning, then calling it tactical genius from him.. Jebus..

Lack of talent on the Wings, so Højlund to move the ball instead which is not the strongest part of his game..... wierd game.

Yeah I think we need a new manager. When you set up at team against San Marino and play both Højbjerg and Nørregaard its kind of embarrasing. Also let us not forget the goal came form a corner they got because Kasper dropped the ball. This was an ideal match to finally give Rønnow a chance.
Barely scraping a 2-1 against San Marino with the players we have should result in a manager getting sacked. If this was Germany he would have been sacked by now.

I genuinely feel for Rasmus, having to play in these two dogshit teams in his breakthrough season.

They literally Just qualified ? Also they have some young talents coming through: Doku, Vermeeren, Mbamba, Vandevoort, Vranckx, Lavia, Onana, de keteleare, Bakayoko, Duranville, debast. Probably still missing a few.

Yes, you are right. But this was a comment on Belgium vs Denmark. A few years ago Belgium with Kompany, Alderweireld, Verthonghen, Witsel etc looked very strong. In 2023 I actually think I prefer that Danish spine.

But Belgium will be a good team again.

The spine of that Denmark teams looks really good. Christensen/Kjaee and Andersen at CB and Hojbjerg, Eriksen and Norgaard in midfield. Really think that Belgium team is beginning to look quite bleak.
Have you watched us play? San Marino almost deserved a draw yesterday. We can make anyone look good these days. It's really, really hard work watching us these days.

Have you watched us play? San Marino almost deserved a draw yesterday. We can make anyone look good these days. It's really, really hard work watching us these days.

Well you are both right. Our spine, apart from Schmeichel, is quite good. With the players we have we should be playing much better, which points the arrow firmly at our manager.

Well you are both right. Our spine, apart from Schmeichel, is quite good. With the players we have we should be playing much better, which points the arrow firmly at our manager.

How did it happen, actually? Back in the EURO and then the WC qualifiers, Denmark were flying. And then all of a sudden, basically the same group of players just deteriorated like that. I just can't comprehend it.

Hojlund: "I don't know how my back is. You know how it is with adrenaline. Right now I feel good, but I don't know how I will feel tomorrow morning. People know that I've had back problems in the past, so it's a frustrating situation."

That is not good. I hope he’s OK. That dirty tackle to his back - insane

How did it happen, actually? Back in the EURO and then the WC qualifiers, Denmark were flying. And then all of a sudden, basically the same group of players just deteriorated like that. I just can't comprehend it.

Well the start to Hjulmands reign was shaky, then he seemed to return to the tactics of Hareide and we had success. After the WC qualifers he started doing his own thing again and its been shite since then.

The refereeing performance yesterday must have been frustrating for Højlund in particular. Whenever he brushed against someone it was a free kick whereas they were allowed to manhandle him and then complain about it after. Maybe the ref didn't want to be seen to give anything against the minnows?

Well the start to Hjulmands reign was shaky, then he seemed to return to the tactics of Hareide and we had success. After the WC qualifers he started doing his own thing again and its been shite since then.

It feels like he just inherited a well organized team which he completely blew when trying put his own touch on it

It feels like he just inherited a well organized team which he completely blew when trying put his own touch on it

Yep thats how I see it as well. The whole sacking of Hareide and getting Hjulmand in feels very much like job-for-the-boys kind of thing by Møller.

That knee to the back is cowardly. Especially when you’re a side like San Marino who have no chance anyway.

But with the players he has, I couldn't believe he could mess the team up like he did the last couple of games.

Yeah the balance of an Onana-Lavia midfield with Doku out wide and Openda the goalscorer is already a strong start as long as you have another quality midfielder and an RW then it's a good front 6. No idea if the defenders will be good, barely seen any of the under 30 ones play except Al-Dakhil (versatile squaddie type, lacking in power for a Prem CB but also he's 21 so that's not a death sentence), Faes (lots of ability, seems a bit wild so maybe with a calm partner he'd be okay) and Castagne. One of Debast and Theate needs to be a quality CB and organize things, no idea how good those guys are, I think I've seen Theate play one half ever.

But yeah, Onana tackling and Lavia passing is the kind of double pivot that can go deep in a tournament if they become the players they look to be, even if they're not the same level of qualifying machine they've been in the Hazard era. This era seems like it might be more balanced but less stars, so maybe worse against the 3rd rate teams but capable of beating the first rate teams a tad more often than the current team because that midfield should be really tough to play against and they have the pace in attack and De Bruyne's decision making to still be great on the counter.
They are definitely missing a world class defender but there are a few rising stars on the horizon there again. We’ll see how the new coach gets on. Seems to be more balanced than Martinez which might suit them.

That knee to the back is cowardly. Especially when you’re a side like San Marino who have no chance anyway.

I don't understand what the point is when you're just going to go back to the office the next week. It's like if I got to play in an amateur side against United for a charity match or something and the pre-match chat was 'someone take one for the team and break that flash cnut Rashford's leg eh?'

fecking animals playing for San Marino. What’s the point in even trying to target a young talented player? I’d maybe understand if they weren’t absolutely dog shite and it might help them get a result but that’s not the case

fecking animals playing for San Marino. What’s the point in even trying to target a young talented player? I’d maybe understand if they weren’t absolutely dog shite and it might help them get a result but that’s not the case
What is the point of teams like San Marino even being in the qualifiers. Should be a separate group/competition for teams like them, Faroe Islands, etc…

I watched the last 15 mins of the match and for me the coach should have taken Rasmus off. For whatever reason the San Marino back line decided they just wanted to kick the sh*t out of him, he was targetted continually. Danish manager has to spot that and protect him.

How that's not a red - with VAR - would surprise me if not for the terrible, terrible state of refereeing in the world.

Also the thug that knee'd him is 41 and had only been on the pitch a few minutes. Clearly told to come on and do that imo.

He is 100% right. It has been a long time, since Denmark has had so many good players (considering the small size of the country)
So the spine of Denmark looks good with players like Højbjerg, Højlund, Andreas Christensen, Wind, Andersen etc. But they still play really bad, and something is clearly very wrong.

What is the point of teams like San Marino even being in the qualifiers. Should be a separate group/competition for teams like them, Faroe Islands, etc…

Agree. A 20 year old player who cost 70m should not have to share a pitch with some postman from a country with 33000 people

San Marino players now crying in the media about Højlunds behavior. Fecking unreal. They deliberately try to injure him with disgusting challenges, and it’s somehow his fault for pushing back. Absolute nobodies.

Utter scumbags! I used to feel sorry for San Marino as well for getting a pasting every time they stepped onto a football pitch but they can feck off now, that’s the least they deserve, dirty bastards!

Hard to argue that was not premeditated...holding off defenders is a big part of his game as well so it might become a tactic for opposition.

You can understand why he has back issues :/

"Today I read that 80 million complained about being mistreated yesterday by the San Marino defenders. Well, my dear, probably in today's football where physical contact has disappeared, you can afford to make fun of us, little opponents, with ugly gestures or to fake at every opportunity hoping for a penalty from the VAR. I would have liked to see you 15 years ago when only the real men played football!”

what an irrelevant tw^t

"Today I read that 80 million complained about being mistreated yesterday by the San Marino defenders. Well, my dear, probably in today's football where physical contact has disappeared, you can afford to make fun of us, little opponents, with ugly gestures or to fake at every opportunity hoping for a penalty from the VAR. I would have liked to see you 15 years ago when only the real men played football!”

what an irrelevant tw^t

Whoa now THAT’s a real (insecure) man right there

So the spine of Denmark looks good with players like Højbjerg, Højlund, Andreas Christensen, Wind, Andersen etc. But they still play really bad, and something is clearly very wrong.

Maybe the World Cup knocked the stuffing out of them, after an impressive build up and the big expectations.

Maybe the World Cup knocked the stuffing out of them, after an impressive build up and the big expectations.

Denmark are terrible when there are expectations on them. We are always best, when we have a decent side, but still being a bit of an underdog. The shitshow at the World Cup was a combination of too high expectations (from both fans and the team itself), and frankly also huge distractions about the whole Qatar situation. We also have players that contributed a lot during that great run of form, which are now no longer performing (Damsgaard, Skov Olsen and Dolberg as examples), and players moving from their late primes to their early declines (Eriksen, Kjær, Schmeichel, etc.).

And we may need a new manager. Hjulmand rode on a great foundation laid out by Hareide and brought some more positive vibes and freedom in attack, but now he looks a bit lost and void of ideas. The good thing is we are still very likely to qualify, and we still have good players - we could turn it around before the Euros.

what an irrelevant tw^t

This guy is more than 40 years old, and he comes out with shit late that after deliberately trying to injure Højlund. What a cnut.

Denmark are terrible when there are expectations on them. We are always best, when we have a decent side, but still being a bit of an underdog.

Yeah. Funnily enough, I didn't expect much of Denmark ahead of the World Cup exactly because of the fact that they suddenly weren't considered an underdog, probably for the first time. Or alteast for the the first time since the years following Euro 92.

Yeah. Funnily enough, I didn't expect much of Denmark ahead of the World Cup exactly because of the fact that they suddenly weren't considered an underdog, probably for the first time. Or alteast for the the first time since the years following Euro 92.

Even if you go back 25 years, we followed up a very impressive WC 98, where we gave Brazil a run for their money in the quarter finals with a dismal showing at Euro 2000, getting no points and scoring no goals (in an admittedly very difficult group). Of course, there is also a cyclical element of players peaking and then retiring, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.