View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it from the start, but got criticised. It is not fair to expect a kid to lead who is not exactly some Mbappe wonder talent to lead the line at Manchester United.

Even if he was Mbappe or Rooney, he'd need other top experienced quality forwards with him so it's not all on his shoulders...never mind the fact he isn't their level. How can we expect a player that's never done it before to lead Manchester United to glory? This is crazy.

He was terrible this game, though I suppose it's not easy when this team can't create quality chances to save their lives.

Four games in and already writing him off I see.
What did he showed so far to say that he is at least great potential for future?
His movement is very bad. He is always one step late or early. His touch is average. And goal scoring ability is non existent so far.

But we will just pretend that he will become world class striker because it is hard to accept that we wasted another 70 mil?

Did fine today. Fans have already forgot that he is 20 years old and still not a developed player.

He is unlucky to join the team at a time when United is in crisis and everyone is playing below par. Had he started at the club during a period when the team performed well, he would have already scored quite a few goals.

He had a really poor game and we will have such games as he is very young. Just don’t understand why wasn’t he subbed today.

Doesn’t help when Rashford runs every good opportunity into a defender or smashes it into them

If he was starting at any other top club we’d be laughing our balls off.

He has no business being here or starting games. Not saying he’s shite but it’s like signing Bruno when he was at Sampdoria, it’s just way too early and with the expectation on him it heightens the chances of him being a flop.

I think I can count on one hand the amount of shots he’s had since he came into the team. He hasn’t been great but we’ve create next to nothing for him, feeding off scraps.

If you don't give him service he will always look poor. With the wingers we have either side of him it's hard to find room for criticism for me.

If he was starting at any other top club we’d be laughing our balls off.

He has no business being here or starting games. Not saying he’s shite but it’s like signing Bruno when he was at Sampdoria, it’s just way too early and with the expectation on him it heightens the chances of him being a flop.
People on here were laughing their balls off at Darwin Nunez for the majority of last season. Suddenly he looks a pretty decent player that can contribute. So I would not be going off early fan opinion whether they are United fans or "neutrals."

Bottom line is nobody has any patience and they get overly emotional based on a result so you're not really going to see much balance. He's 20 years old, he has a lot to work on. We can talk about could have should haves in the market but it doesn't really matter, it doesn't change the fact this fella needs a bit of support and time to adjust to the league, the team and to generally improve his game.

Looks what he is, a raw kid. We'll see how he devlops as the season goes on.

Of course we shouldn't be in a position where a raw kid is our main CF, but that's where years of transfer failings put us. It's not like that isn't something we didn't know before the season started.

You have to look at the chances the team created before criticising the CF.

Then you add a bit of leeway due to age and being new to English football.

He did fine with what he was given.

He played well and held up the ball on numerous occasions and brought others into play. He only lost possession 5 times according to sofascore and went on a few marauding runs that opened up the game where we could've scored.

We lost the this game because two of our better players in the finsl third lost possession 41 times between them against a Palace team that sat back. And when your best players are turning over possession at that rate against a mid-table team, then moves will break down on the regular.

Nice shielding the ball. Making himself available for the pass is refreshing to watch. Other things need to be mercilessly trained to full effect.

He should definitely use his pace more. There's a raw, but still good engine there.

What did he showed so far to say that he is at least great potential for future?
His movement is very bad. He is always one step late or early. His touch is average. And goal scoring ability is non existent so far.

But we will just pretend that he will become world class striker because it is hard to accept that we wasted another 70 mil?

I mean what fecking chances has he spooned wide? The one good chance we created for him was the header he put on target?

It’s like people expect strikers to just magically solve problems but Harry Kane himself would be struggling to do anything in this team. We don’t create chances for our strikers. And if they aren’t being presented goal scoring opportunities they aren’t going to fecking score.

At 20 years old, Watkins was on loan at Weston Super Mare in the Conference South.

You know we've paid for a young striker with raw physical attributes and potential. Stop being such a drama queen because he isn't prime Van Nistelrooy yet.
Think we vastly overpaid for the lad, as I have said elsewhere he should have been brought in with another top class striker, someone he could learn off. Instead we have paid ridiculous money and put untold pressure on the kid.

He's too heavy footed. Looked like he'd been up all night playing playstation with Sancho

People on here were laughing their balls off at Darwin Nunez for the majority of last season. Suddenly he looks a pretty decent player that can contribute. So I would not be going off early fan opinion whether they are United fans or "neutrals."

Bottom line is nobody has any patience and they get overly emotional based on a result so you're not really going to see much balance. He's 20 years old, he has a lot to work on. We can talk about could have should haves in the market but it doesn't really matter, it doesn't change the fact this fella needs a bit of support and time to adjust to the league, the team and to generally improve his game.
Difference with Nunez is that he was causing all sort of problems for defences but just missing chances. It was pretty clear he'd come good.

Hojlund is way out of his depth at this point.

Spending so much money on such a raw and under developed player was always going to look like a stupid fecking decision.

He’s not ready to be first choice striker at a club like United. He’s 2-3 years away from being at they level imo. That’s on the club and us not the lads fault.

He was alright. But he’s got no chance of getting goals with the way we play football and the way we attack. He gets barely any chances in a game because of abysmal and non existent service.
Where’s all these Bruno chances that I keep reading about that he creates ?

Difference with Nunez is that he was causing all sort of problems for defences but just missing chances. It was pretty clear he'd come good.

Hojlund is way out of his depth at this point.
Not remotely what most people were saying. It's not my point whether some individuals were willing to see past some sloppiness, the point is a great many people rush to opinion based on tiny sample sizes and think they know it all which we're seeing only a few games in with Hojlund who is even younger.

There weren't even many great opportunities for Hojlund out there today. If there were and he was abysmal at every turn there would be a stronger case to take a tiny sample size and run with it. But there really weren't, there were a couple of little moments so I think we have to look at the creation and capabilities of experienced players. The rest was just general play which was up and down, it wasn't all bad by any means, some decent bits of play.

Probably needs a fair bit of time to settle into a new league and country, unfortunately we're not really in the best position to be affording him that time right now so his poor performances are going to be hard to look past.

I like him.. :wenger:

Dunno, but I like his combination of pace and strength, and I think he had room to grow quite a bit. He's already a handful in and around the box, unfortunately we as a team do not play in any coordinated, structured way where our cf knows team moves and can anticipate our plays.

But I think he will come good.

There is a bit of Lukaku about him in his touch and all round play. However he seems to be a harder worker than Rom, but probably not as good a finisher. Too early to call that last one to be fair given the lack of service.

Atleast now people will see that the job of a United striker is made harder by the players around. Ronaldo's 1st season back was helped by his world class movement. We don't create for our strikers.

I mean what fecking chances has he spooned wide? The one good chance we created for him was the header he put on target?

It’s like people expect strikers to just magically solve problems but Harry Kane himself would be struggling to do anything in this team. We don’t create chances for our strikers. And if they aren’t being presented goal scoring opportunities they aren’t going to fecking score.
He was in 2 goal scoring chances and he missed them. Also, his movement is shambolic. Always one step late or goes completely in wrong way.

You are mentioning Kane. No need for that. Look at even Watkins today. He scored 3 goals today. Two he created from himself basically.

Haaland and Kane wouldn't score in this team why do expect Hojlund to do so?

This is the difference between Fergie and our other managers since.

Fergie buys a forward and he fills into his team how to use the player and get the ball to him in the right areas.

Now though we just have no plan at all to ever involve the forward. Rashford will keep trying to double pay every opposing player, Bruno wants to shoot from 30 years every time and it's just absolutely pointless

Hopefully, he is not learning how to shoot from an impossible angle and distance from Rashford. That one he did in the early first half was pretty stupid.

Other than that, I thought he played well for our standard.

Said it from the start, but got criticised. It is not fair to expect a kid to lead who is not exactly some Mbappe wonder talent to lead the line at Manchester United.

Even if he was Mbappe or Rooney, he'd need other top experienced quality forwards with him so it's not all on his shoulders...never mind the fact he isn't their level. How can we expect a player that's never done it before to lead Manchester United to glory? This is crazy.
Comparing Rasmus to any of those players make no sense and only makes the discussion worse IMO. We should be discussing what is the acceptable level for him at this stage. Seems like there's quite a lot of people who will keep the bar very low just because he's "a prospect". That is fine, but makes me question this transfer in the first place for that money as I don't exactly see high potential in this guy.

Not good enough currently to be the first team striker at Man United. Anyone with a brain knew that beforehand but ten Hag still got his man.

This Club has always had a top class striker in the PL. Fergie knew it's probably the most important position on the field.

Hughes
Cantona
Cole
Yorke
Van Nisterooy
Saha
Rooney
Tevez
Berbatov
Van Persie
Ibrahimovic

Even Lukaku (who I can't stand) was much better than the dross which followed

We'll never be anything without an assassin up front. The fact ten Hag signed so many players but didn't make a world class striker the no1 target just shows again how out of his depth he is.

Hojlund is only good enough to be the understudy at a top club.

He was alright. But he’s got no chance of getting goals with the way we play football and the way we attack. He gets barely any chances in a game because of abysmal and non existent service.
Where’s all these Bruno chances that I keep reading about that he creates ?
What is definition of chance these days anyway? Only one on one with gk?
Also, good striker will create a chance for himself or find himself in a chance (Inzaghi built a career with that ability).

Fergie buys a forward and he fills into his team how to use the player and get the ball to him in the right areas.

Now though we just have no plan at all to ever involve the forward. Rashford will keep trying to double pay every opposing player, Bruno wants to shoot from 30 years every time and it's just absolutely pointless
Thats just nonsense. Sure they would get less than in a City team but they would still score loads. Plus they would terrorize the defense a lot more than average players

Complete bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.