2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

AnotherLondonManc

Apart from work rate and "good lad" vibes, I'm struggling to see anything that he's above average at or where there's massive potential.
He's definitely got great physical and technical qualities. But he never seems to be in the right place. Hopefully that's the kind of thing that will develop through coaching and playing in a coherent system

Castia

Bit crap isn’t he? I mean he’s young that’s about the only thing going for him but he’s miles off being a top striker

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Better than the first match. But yes still bad and he is even beginning to worry me now.
He’s young. He’s allowed bad games. It is a worry how completely out of his depth he looks when he’s struggling. Just looks so easy to defend against. The other worry is the type of striker he is. We were crying out for a different option to Rashford. Someone who can hold the ball up and pose an aerial threat. But we seem to have signed someone who is awful with his back to goal, doesn’t win any headers and also wants to run in behind like Rashford. Our transfer strategy is so fecking haphazard.

Last edited:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Bit crap isn’t he? I mean he’s young that’s about the only thing going for him but he’s miles off being a top striker
The only thing going for him? Some of the tripe you read on here.

El Jefe

I worry for the people that think all we need is a backup No.9. He looked exactly the same for Denmark as he does for us, he’s a blunt tool for most of the game. He just runs around, poor touches and never seems to be in the best positions to score.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
21yo is inconsistent and still finding his feet in the footballing world. More as we get it.

Todd

Hate to say it but he just doesn't offer much of a threat as a striker.

In no way, shape, or form should this kid be our main striker next season. He is backup quality at best.

flameinthesun

Hate to say it but he just doesn't offer much of a threat as a striker.

In no way, shape, or form should this kid be our main striker next season. He is backup quality at best.
Yeah I do agree. From seeing his first full season he seems more of a poacher than an all round Forward. Still young so he can still develop however I think its more likely that we will end up having to buy a first 11 striker in a year or two.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He also scored a shitload of goals in qualifying if I remember correctly.

People here put far too much emphasis on international tournament performances either way.
He scored 7. Against Finland, Slovenia and Kazakhstan. Not bad but also nothing special. His inability to show presence in games is a problem. In these two games he was nowhere to seen.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He scored 7. Against Finland, Slovenia and Kazakhstan. Not bad but also nothing special. His inability to show presence in games is a problem. In these two games he was nowhere to seen.
I could say the same thing for many England players though. But yeah it's clear the weakest part of his game is affecting it outside of the final third.

ROFLUTION

Was a decent game from him imo. Literally no one on the field created anything, so you can't say it's his fault he didn't magically score a goal or assisted.

Linked up better with his teammates today than against Slovenia where he seemed a bit late in decisions/movement/duels.

Overall a super boring game thanks to England with Mourinho as manager.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He’s young. He’s allowed bad games. It is a worry how completely out of his depth he looks when he’s struggling. Just looks so easy to defend against. The other worry is the type of striker he is. We were crying out for a different option to Rashford. Someone who can hold the ball up and pose an aerial threat. But we seem to have signed someone who is awful with his back to goal, doesn’t win any headers and also wants to run in behind like Rashford. Our transfer strategy is so fecking haphazard.
Also, apparently wanted Kane in the first place. How did that go? "Harry would've been perfect for us but is not available, so let's just get the complete opposite kind of player". It really is bizarre what we did last summer.

Dannn411

He's 21 years old leading the line for his country at the Euros. He's doing just fine. But who his next coach is will determine his career trajectory. Needs to be a coach who cares about young attacking talent.

binary bot
I’m a fan of his but he really needs to take more shots. I enjoy his linkup play and selfishness but the amount of times he works a decent position and lays it off to someone else is ridiculous

El Jefe

Was a decent game from him imo. Literally no one on the field created anything, so you can't say it's his fault he didn't magically score a goal or assisted.

Linked up better with his teammates today than against Slovenia where he seemed a bit late in decisions/movement/duels.

Overall a super boring game thanks to England with Mourinho as manager.
We’ll keep on hearing until it’s fully accepted he is his own worst enemy.

ROFLUTION

We’ll keep on hearing until it’s fully accepted he is his own worst enemy.
What does this even mean? It's not like he knocks himself down mentally for not scoring. Do you mean he's not offering himself enough or getting involved enough?

We'll keep on hearing "score more goals" in each game he's not had any great opportunities too.

kaku06

Vulgarian
He somehow always finds himself in positions where he can’t take any shots, can’t influence the final third, can’t link up with other forwards. On top of that his touch always seems heavy and he can’t sort out his feet or body position.

Having said that, I still believe there’s more in him than he’s showing right now but he needs to learn and improve fast.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
To this day I can’t see £70 million worth of talent there.
He's had one season in a side decimated by injuries and he arrived injured, 20 years old. Still managed to score 16 goals. I think the talent is there for all to see, personally.

It's a shame his hot streak came to an end this season when he got injured (that was the second injury sustained this season, plus the one he carried when he signed).

Another striker to ease the burden, a more balanced play collectively, and he'll be gold.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Way too harsh on him most folk, he'll never have world class technical ability but he's clinical and works hard , we're we to get the best of him and utilise him correctly I can see him becoming a 25 to 30 goals a season striker.

Vidooq

I watched both games and for the love of God, I can not understand how he doesn't get the ball more often, thus being unable to influence the game more. Is it the team not passing to him early enough, or is the positioning he takes during the game? I truly can not tell.

I've watched football since 1999, but I really can not understand if it's his teammates or him.

Last edited:

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I watched both games, and for the live of God, I can not understand how he doesn't get the ball more often, thus being unable to influence the game more.

Is it the team not passing to him early enough, or are the positioning he takes during the game? I truly can not tell.

I've watched football since 1999, but I really can not understand if it's his teammates or him.
I feel similar. Mostly I think it’s his positioning. He rarely seems to be in the right spot. Clinical strikers like Lineker, Kane, etc all knew where the ball was going to be.

JeffFromHK

I feel similar. Mostly I think it’s his positioning. He rarely seems to be in the right spot. Clinical strikers like Lineker, Kane, etc all knew where the ball was going to be.
IMO, he loves standing too close to the defenders and he rarely makes those zigzag runs (Inzaghi and Chicharito excel at those runs) to fool the defender

also, sometimes you can just stand still in attacks (when defenders are retreating) to make space for yourself - Aguero, Kane and RVP scored many goals like that.

And-R.E Onono

Unfortunately i think his stat about having the best shot conversion rate is purely because he hardly takes more than 2 shots per game at max. Sometimes I'd argue he only takes one shot per game.

Haaland for example takes 5 shots for example per game so his shot conversion is lower.

People can blame the rest of the team's ability to get him in to play,

However, he seems to struggle in to getting in to the right positions to receive the ball and get involved in the play both for Denmark & United.