Rashford is as good as Mbappé...

In your opinion is Rashford presently as good as Mbappé?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of agree with your point on extrapolation ,form could certainly vary Mbappe may not even realise his full potential but didn't you do the same for Rashford predicting his season's numbers based on on his current form which is not even quarter of the current campaign.

I think its easier to do within one season where the player is already on a solid pace. Much more difficult to extrapolate one season into an entire career, all the while invoking names like Henry and Messi.

He would be fortunate to be three quarters as good as Henry imo.

I know. Comparing him to Messi is completely ridiculous. If he’s as good as Henry he will have been an incredible player.

I know. Comparing him to Messi is completely ridiculous. If he’s as good as Henry he will have been an incredible player.

True. I don't think its ever a good idea to invoke CR7 or Messi when discussing emerging players. It's a long way down once you set such a high hype bar.

Rashford is a very good player, but I feel confident saying Mbappé is superior.

You can post a link of a big club showing interest in Rashford to contradict me.
This is a ridiculous point. No big club would make any interest in Rashford public, because they would be doomed to failure. There is literally zero chance that we would even think of selling him at this stage of his career so why would anyone express an interest?

This is a ridiculous point. No big club would make any interest in Rashford public, because they would be doomed to failure. There is literally zero chance that we would even think of selling him at this stage of his career so why would anyone express an interest?
Completely agree. It's what stopped Madrid from ever showing interest in De Gea.

Rashford the next Ronaldo, Mbappe the next Messi. And the debate continues for another 15 years...
As high as i rate Rashford i think Martials the only player in our squad who could challenge for Ronaldos/Messis title. Guy has crazy potential if he can realise it

Or maybe the fact that he was a world class player who every club would want to play for them. Who knows.

A top Spanish player from Madrid wanted by.....wait for it.......Real Madrid. Its not fecking rocket science.

A top Spanish player from Madrid wanted by.....wait for it.......Real Madrid. Its not fecking rocket science.
I completely agree, it's impossible to guess what the more important factor was there - him being from madrid or him being world class in his position.

I completely agree, it's impossible to guess what the more important factor was there - him being from madrid or him being world class in his position.

They no doubt both played into Madrid's interest. The important point here is that the Rashford analogy was completely off the mark since Rashford is already here.

How many of these games has Rashord been shunted out to the wing because of Zlatan playing striker ?
A valid question, not one that i could answer with authority, but based on the games ive seen it would be the majority of games.

However, its a bit frivolous to use the word 'shunted' as Rashford although a fine talent could not be expected to play as the main striker with Ibra around, as they say if you are good enough your are old enough so safe to say that Rashford wasnt good enough to start as a main striker.

Of course this discussion is about if Rashford is on the same level as Mbappe, and i simply wanted to post their overall stats and obviously stats only paint part of the picture.

What we dont know and will never know, is how Rashford could/would have developed playing in a less demanding league as the main striker, just as Mbappe has been able to do.

Unfortunately I cannot answer if Rashford is on par with Mbappe simply because I have not seen Mbappe play that often.

The few times I have seen him play he wasnt that impressive, but this could be said for all players.

Though I have watched Rashford play many times, and he is understandably far from the finished article, what he lacks in his awareness of positional play, composure when 1 on 1 with the goal keeper and at times poor decision making, he makes up with his searing pace, hard work and full determination.

The things he lacks will be improved with experience as so far he has shown a willingness to learn, a level head and most importantly seems to have the brains to fulfill his potential.

Real have a long history of wanting the Spanish #1 to be their #1. Of course it was a huge factor. Trying to use their interest in DDG as a comparison to Rashford is daft.

the Spanish #1
Precisely. He was the Spanish #1 and a top 3 in his position in the world, similarly other young players who have been hot targets like Dembele and Mbappe already had the claim of being the best youngsters in the world who would walk into teams like Real and Barca. Rashford has no such credentials, he's not even the best young attacker at his own club.

Precisely. He was the Spanish #1 and a top 3 in his position in the world, similarly other young players who have been hot targets like Dembele and Mbappe already had the claim of being the best youngsters in the world who would walk into teams like Real and Barca. Rashford has no such credentials, he's not even the best young attacker at his own club.
No, not precisely. DDG was a rare player a big club thought they could get off us. In fact the only club who have a recent history of being able to take our players is Real Madrid, no others. Clubs know we won't sell, especially our most talented youngsters.

A valid question, not one that i could answer with authority, but based on the games ive seen it would be the majority of games.

However, its a bit frivolous to use the word 'shunted' as Rashford although a fine talent could not be expected to play as the main striker with Ibra around, as they say if you are good enough your are old enough so safe to say that Rashford wasnt good enough to start as a main striker.

Of course this discussion is about if Rashford is on the same level as Mbappe, and i simply wanted to post their overall stats and obviously stats only paint part of the picture.

What we dont know and will never know, is how Rashford could/would have developed playing in a less demanding league as the main striker, just as Mbappe has been able to do.

Unfortunately I cannot answer if Rashford is on par with Mbappe simply because I have not seen Mbappe play that often.

The few times I have seen him play he wasnt that impressive, but this could be said for all players.

Though I have watched Rashford play many times, and he is understandably far from the finished article, what he lacks in his awareness of positional play, composure when 1 on 1 with the goal keeper and at times poor decision making, he makes up with his searing pace, hard work and full determination.

The things he lacks will be improved with experience as so far he has shown a willingness to learn, a level head and most importantly seems to have the brains to fulfill his potential.

That's been my point from the beginning. Mbappe has benefited from playing in an easier, less competitive league with zero pressure since he was a little known 18 year old. Rashford has had to do it under scrutiny at Manchester United, often times not playing as a striker. It wouldn't therefore be much of a stretch to presume Mbappe, under similar circumstances, would've delivered performances comparable to Rashford's (who has been very good here).

Well this is my last post (as obviously my posting is not good enough for these forums)

But seeing that you have highlighted part of my post that emphasizes your own beliefs, its clear that anyone who does not understand this not only do they not understand football, but they have no appreciation of how important it is to be experiencing the things you need to experience in anything you do in life to be able to improve.

To me is just logical, common sense, something that seems to be lacking in most people nowadays!

But thats just me, or not, lol

** EDIT **
Last post for today 3 maximum!!

Last edited:
Well this is my last post (as obviously my posting is not good enough for these forums)

But seeing that you have highlighted part of my post that emphasizes your own beliefs, its clear that anyone who does not understand this not only do they not understand football, but they have no appreciation of how important it is to be experiencing the things you need to experience in anything you do in life to be able to improve.

To me is just logical, common sense, something that seems to be lacking in most people nowadays!

But thats just me, or not, lol

Why is this your last post ? Don't you like us here ?

As high as i rate Rashford i think Martials the only player in our squad who could challenge for Ronaldos/Messis title. Guy has crazy potential if he can realise it
No chance, when both of them retire we will look back in awe of how good we had it.

No chance, when both of them retire we will look back in awe of how good we had it.
Oh i agree. What i meant was the title of being the best player in the world.

Both of them will go down as the all time greats. Period.

You can post a link of a big club showing interest in Rashford to contradict me.
What other big clubs offer Marcus Rashford that United can't ?
He's also from Manchester which is the main factor no other club want to try it at this point

It's quite surprising to see debate on this.

Mbappe has proved himself in the champions league and against elite opposition. In one year.

Rashford will be up there if he puts in performances like yesterday against the big guns. Running the show against the worst team in the league isn't an achievement worthy of comparing him with a boy who has looked a level above everyone on the park versus much bigger teams and in more important games.

Completely agree. It's what stopped Madrid from ever showing interest in De Gea.

Come off it man, how bout Harry Kane? Complete gem of a player at the right age with a relatively salary, other top clubs should be all over him right?

Nah, no one has batted an eyelash at it 'cause they know there is no hope of getting him same as with rashford so your analogy doesn't fly

Homegrown players(at least I believe Kane is close to being considered that for spurs) that actually have some talent is a rare gem no big club will take for granted

People going on about Mbappe being in a weaker league is hilarious. If Rashford were at Monaco he'd be on their bench as he's not even as good a winger as fecking Draxler. Seems like utd fans on here feel there's something the rest of the football world who rate Mbappe so highly are not seeing about Rashford, or maybe they feel people have not watched Rasford enough and just rate Mbappe based on nice youtube highlights.

They no doubt both played into Madrid's interest. The important point here is that the Rashford analogy was completely off the mark since Rashford is already here.

Real have a long history of wanting the Spanish #1 to be their #1. Of course it was a huge factor. Trying to use their interest in DDG as a comparison to Rashford is daft.

Lads,I think his point is if Rashford is as good as you make him out to be, the big guns will come for him. Or are you guys trying to say PSG and Madrid are not interested in him because he's with us? Remember Cristiano?

People going on about Mbappe being in a weaker league is hilarious. If Rashford were at Monaco he'd be on their bench as he's not even as good a winger as fecking Draxler. Seems like utd fans on here feel there's something the rest of the football world who rate Mbappe so highly are not seeing about Rashford, or maybe they feel people have not watched Rasford enough and just rate Mbappe based on nice youtube highlights.

Lads,I think his point is if Rashford is as good as you make him out to be, the big guns will come for him. Or are you guys trying to say PSG and Madrid are not interested in him because he's with us? Remember Cristiano?

Well said.

Come off it man, how bout Harry Kane? Complete gem of a player at the right age with a relatively salary, other top clubs should be all over him right?

Nah, no one has batted an eyelash at it 'cause they know there is no hope of getting him same as with rashford so your analogy doesn't fly

Homegrown players(at least I believe Kane is close to being considered that for spurs) that actually have some talent is a rare gem no big club will take for granted

Or maybe they don't just think he's that good or worth the money Levy will ask for, or maybe they don't just need a striker at the moment or maybe they are not sure about how much of a gem he is. I reckon if Madrid desperately wanted a striker they'll sooner go for Aguero. You can't seriously think the reason Kane is still at Spurs is the same reason nobody has shown interest in Rasford ffs

Been watching United for about 25 years and I haven't seen too many young players as good as Rashford. Reminds me so much of a young Giggs and to a lesser extent Ronny. Quick, strong, can beat a player and also has a good eye for goal. Passing can improve and needs to develop that killer instinct but we should all remember he's only 19. This guy will be a world beater when he's 24 / 25.

Or maybe they don't just think he's that good or worth the money Levy will ask for, or maybe they don't just need a striker at the moment or maybe they are not sure about how much of a gem he is. I reckon if Madrid desperately wanted a striker they'll sooner go for Aguero. You can't seriously think the reason Kane is still at Spurs is the same reason nobody has shown interest in Rasford ffs

I'm not even talking about him moving but there's not even the slightest hint of interest which the poster was talking about as he equated "lack of interest to lack of quality talent" and unless you believe Kane is talentless as he hasn't had suitors then I don't know why we're having this discussion

Real didn't come for Ronaldo until he was 24 years old and already the BPITW though. Rashford is 19. If he's the best player in the world at 24 (unlikely) I'm sure clubs will be sniffing to see if he's attainable.

The difference is that Mbappe was at Monaco who are a club that sells their players. He was always attainable for the right fee. Rashford on the other hand is at a club who simply do not sell their players apart from under exceptional circumstances (Ronaldo) or if they want to, so why would Real and PSG even bother?

Now, I don't think Rashford is as good as Mbappe but using the fact that Rashford hasn't been linked to other big clubs as a reason is just daft given the difference in their circumstances.

Rashford is two tier below Mbappe,and Martial is one tier below Mbappe.

I wouldn’t go that far, and if this season is anything to go by then Martial is better than them both. His goals and assist tally so far has been insane. 5 goals and 4 assist in 9 games, and he hasnt even started all them games.

No-one came for Bailly or Pogba this Summer either @fellaini's barber, ergo, they not as good as players that were sold this summer.

David Silva and Aguero have been at City for years and no-one has shown an interest, must also not be top players.

#daftlogic

Status
Not open for further replies.