Rashford is as good as Mbappé...

In your opinion is Rashford presently as good as Mbappé?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads,I think his point is if Rashford is as good as you make him out to be, the big guns will come for him. Or are you guys trying to say PSG and Madrid are not interested in him because he's with us? Remember Cristiano?

No clubs are interested in Messi. He's a terrible player then, confirmed.

Real didn't come for Ronaldo until he was 24 years old and already the BPITW though. Rashford is 19. If he's the best player in the world at 24 (unlikely) I'm sure clubs will be sniffing to see if he's attainable.

The difference is that Mbappe was at Monaco who are a club that sells their players. He was always attainable for the right fee. Rashford on the other hand is at a club who simply do not sell their players apart from under exceptional circumstances (Ronaldo) or if they want to, so why would Real and PSG even bother?

Now, I don't think Rashford is as good as Mbappe but using the fact that Rashford hasn't been linked to other big clubs as a reason is just daft given the difference in their circumstances.

They came, we just kept saying no. Madrid wanted Ronaldo from as early 2006 remember after the world cup incident with Rooney. Fergy had fly out to Portugal to convince the guy to stay.

On Topic - I dont think Rashford has the natural instincts that Mbappe has. Mbappe makes things look easy, in the same way Messi looks very natural. But Ronaldo has managed to challenge Messi all these years, so I dont see why Marcus couldnt.

They came, we just kept saying no. Madrid wanted Ronaldo from as early 2006 remember after the world cup incident with Rooney.

Well there you've just said it yourself, he appeared attainable for a short window until SAF slammed it shut. When players appear attainable the sharks circle.

I'm 100% certain that a big fall out between Rashford and the club, a player, Mourinho etc would see a host of clubs in line to bid big for Rashford and you're a damn fool if you don't realise that.

Well there you've just said it yourself, he appeared attainable for a short window until SAF slammed it shut.

I'm 100% certain that a big fall out between Rashford and the club, a player, Mourinho etc would see a host of clubs in line to bid big for Rashford and you're a damn fool if you don't realise that.

I dont get your post, All I wanted to point out is Madrid wanted Ronaldo before he was 24 and a Balon dor.

I dont get your post, All I wanted to point out is Madrid wanted Ronaldo before he was 24 and a Balon dor.

They were interested him, well yeah, when he looked like he wanted to turn his back on England I'm sure a load of clubs were interested. They didn't "really" want him al la Madrid style though did they? That came later one he was a Balon dor winner.

The point stands anyway in this discussion, often players who appear unattainable don't get much interest. But make no mistake, Monaco's entire squad was available for the right price this summer, Rashford, Kane, Messi, de Bruyne, Suarez, Ronaldo were not.

Could someone tell what the questionmarks about Mbappe's skillset are for those who aren't to fond of him?

There usually is a particular reason for why people tend be cautious about a young player. Not really seeing anything severe in his case.

I wouldn’t go that far, and if this season is anything to go by then Martial is better than them both. His goals and assist tally so far has been insane. 5 goals and 4 assist in 9 games, and he hasnt even started all them games.

Agreed. I've watched Mbappe and Martial and I've seen nothing from Mbappe that would suggest he's on another level talent-wise.

Is there any current club interested in Asensio ?

Arsenal tried, just like with Mbappe, Benzema, Lemar, etc...they tried.

It is silly to use transfer interest as a barometer for a player's potential, there are so many different circumstances that can affect an interest. As others have pointed out, is Messi a scrub for not garnering any transfer interest? We just all know they're not going anywhere, same with Rashford.

Arsenal tried, just like with Mbappe, Benzema, Lemar, etc...they tried.

It is silly to use transfer interest as a barometer for a player's potential, there are so many different circumstances that can affect an interest. As others have pointed out, is Messi a scrub for not garnering any transfer interest? We just all know they're not going anywhere, same with Rashford.

Exactly this. Clubs aren't interested in some players because they will never move. It was really a lame point of discussion.

Last edited:
Why are people so obsessed with "low-key"ing our young and emerging talents? This kid is going to be a fecking star and it is pretty obvious, who cares who he is as good as. Celebrate his talent and enjoy his emerging success.

Folks dissing the French league, did you guys forget how easy Martial found it in his debut season here? Something like 17 goals and 11 assists. Well Mbappe was on a different planet to Martial last year as opposed to the latter's last season for Monaco.
This should go to credit Martial and his talent, not further overrated and overhyped Mbappe. What makes this a default achievement for Mbappe anyways.

Rarely you see even the likes of Hazard manage those numbers. Martial had an extraordinary season for a 19 year old and that spoke volume about his talent and abilities.

Rashford is two tier below Mbappe,and Martial is one tier below Mbappe.
A 19 year old Martial still has a better season than Mbappe. Easily put in great numbers playing as a winger.

Last year he was mismanaged by a manager known to mishandled youngsters and players of his ilk.

This year he's already far out preforming Mbappe with most apparence being sub ones. Yet you have people believing this gulf in class because 1 is currently going through ridiculous hype while the other had his hype die down due to an unfortunate second season.

Mbappe is a better talent and player than Rashford but he's vastly overrated. People just have to reread the things they wrote in this thread.

Agreed. I've watched Mbappe and Martial and I've seen nothing from Mbappe that would suggest he's on another level talent-wise.
He absolutely isn't at all, he's simply overrated and currently the youngster with the most hype right now.

This happens with youngsters a lot, when they break through they go through that initial hype phase, especially of they seem special but they get overhyped nonetheless.

People throwing all those outrageous statements are forgetting that Martial himself was once the best young player in the world, won a golden ball and backed it with a terrific season as a 19 years old.

Had an average second season under a very though manager for young players and those of his ilk but he's back on form again and outperforming Mbappe while easily blowing his numbers.

People will talk but the fact of the matter is that Martial has easily been putting number equals if not superior than the likes of Hazard since joining the PL, just let that sink in. And Hazard is a player seen as one of the best in the league and Martial just 21 has comparable numbers.

There are only a few clubs that Rashford would be "linked to"... NO english clubs could take him since we are Manchester United.... and why would he leave to go anywhere but maybe barca or Real Madrid?

I'm not on the hype train for Mbappe... thought his stats were padded a bit at Monaco... good for him moving to the giant in France and getting paid. Keep producing at PSG and he'll probably move to Madrid. Toss up atm... edge to Mbappe atm... but I'll keep our english boy for the next 10 years and see what happens.

Mbappe's finishing skills are better, off the final third rashford has the edge. Rashford has to improve his finishing skills.

If he keeps playing as an outside forward, I think he will do a fantastic career for us. I don't think he has the profile to be a striker.

Hopefully the english media remains tangled with the kane and ali hype so that rashford can keephis focus on the pitch.

Dude. In his break out season he had some thing like 23 goals and 17 assists. If that doesn't indicate a major change in decision making I don't know what else can. Not to mention dropping the show boating dribbling for efficiency and inanely good off the ball movement.

Decision making is an insane term, especially when you try to associate it with goals and assists. When Ronaldo hammered in that free kick against Arsenal in the champions league, was it good or bad decision making ?

Ronaldo never catched up to Rooney in terms of "decision making" or intelligence on the pitch, never surpassed him there either.

OptaJose

✔@OptaJose

18 - Cristiano Ronaldo has attempted 18 shots in La Liga, the most for a player without scoring this season. Obsession

6:23 PM - Sep 23, 2017

Rashford is a tier below Mbappe, but he still is/going to be a fantastic player.

Pace: Its pretty even id say, It doesn't matter if one is quicker than the other both are capable of outrunning almost any defender

Finishing: I think Mbappe takes this

Strength: Again it's pretty even

Dribbling: Mbappe

Free kicks: Rashford by default

Decision making: Mbappe

Passing: Rashford, I feel it's a hugely underrated part of his game he has an eye for the perfect pass on the ground and in the air.

Heading: probably even

Just doing this for my own benefit because when you go through the individual qualities they would seem just as good as each other. It's hard to explain but Mbappe just feels like he's more destined for the very top whereas Rashford would have to work extremely hard at it and might never get there because he can go missing against bigger teams.

When people say they don't think Mbappe will make it to the very highest level and that he might be overrated, I think it's just an opinion devoid of substance. The level he plays at, the only logical conclusion to draw about him is that he'all become at the very least a top 3 ballon d'or candidate, which puts him at an elite level. Right now I expect that from him in the next few years but if Rashford were to get there I'd be thrilled, but ultimately shocked, based on how they are both performing at this stage of their career.

TO the person who started this thread, I suggest you look at Mbappe's performance against Bayern. As much as I love Rashford, there is no comparison yet. (on the flip side, who knows whether Mbappe will burn out early and be changed by an injury)

I'm sure rival forums are having a lot of fun with this biased opinion. Any neutrality would tell you MBappe is two levels ahead of Rashford at least and there is nothing wrong with that because Rashford can still turn out world class too.

I'm sure rival forums are having a lot of fun with this biased opinion. Any neutrality would tell you MBappe is two levels ahead of Rashford at least and there is nothing wrong with that because Rashford can still turn out world class too.

No-one came for Bailly or Pogba this Summer either @fellaini's barber, ergo, they not as good as players that were sold this summer.

David Silva and Aguero have been at City for years and no-one has shown an interest, must also not be top players.

#daftlogic
I do think it is more so because United isn't a selling club and top clubs rarely buy English talent and PL clubs know we won't let Rashford go to our direct rivals.
Mbappe on the other hand belongs to Monaco, who are a selling club.

Completely agree. It's what stopped Madrid from ever showing interest in De Gea.
I can't believe I have to argue on this but De Gea is a Spanish goalkeeper so obviously Madrid showed interest in him. I don't remember the last time top clubs(Barca, Bayern, Real etc) wanted a English player unless they were exceptional.

Decision making is an insane term, especially when you try to associate it with goals and assists. When Ronaldo hammered in that free kick against Arsenal in the champions league, was it good or bad decision making ?

Ronaldo never catched up to Rooney in terms of "decision making" or intelligence on the pitch, never surpassed him there either.

OptaJose

✔@OptaJose

18 - Cristiano Ronaldo has attempted 18 shots in La Liga, the most for a player without scoring this season. Obsession

6:23 PM - Sep 23, 2017
:lol: how does that Opta quote equate to poor decision making?:lol:

TO the person who started this thread, I suggest you look at Mbappe's performance against Bayern. As much as I love Rashford, there is no comparison yet. (on the flip side, who knows whether Mbappe will burn out early and be changed by an injury)
He was good, but Bayern was shot.

He is just the flavour of the month, all these people saying that he is the next Messi. He will be lucky to be half the player of Messi.

Pretty sure that Rashford would tear up defences in the French league too. Having said that, Mbappe has been more than effective in the Champions league too. And at the moment Mbappe seems to make better decisions in the final third a bit more than Rashford, so for these reasons alone I'd give Mbappe the slight edge for now.

Mbappe's a very talented youngster with a breakout season under his belt which has massively increased his value in an already overinflated transfer market.

Rashford's OUR very talented youngster who had his own breakout season a couple of years ago but has been generally less hyped since we were in a fight for Top 4 and not the champions league semi finals.

I usually respect people opinions but I cannot seem to understand how people can label mbappe as a "Generational talent","Genuinely world class" and "2 levels above Rashford" after watching him perform for a SINGLE season in a DIFFERENT league. So every teenager that has a breakout season now is "World Class" by CAF Standards?

Back to the thread argument, I do think Mbappe has a better end product than Rashford right now. This however does not mean that he'll always continue to be the better player over their respective careers, neither of them have turned even 20 FFS.

Reactions: jojojo
Status
Not open for further replies.