Rashford is as good as Mbappé...

In your opinion is Rashford presently as good as Mbappé?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the primary reasons why we fail to see Rashford's qualities, or appreciate them properly, is because he is obviously being upended by Martial's rise this season. Also, the fact that the two of them are being used as perfect alternatives isn't helping with the comparisons.

Maybe that's what is helping bringing out the best in the both of them, but Martial is a fan's favourite.

Mbappe will continue to get more attention from both these players in the coming years, for he is slightly better, sure, but also because everybody wants to see what happens with the PSG 'project'.

As talented as Mbappe is, he is being a bit overrated though. People are acting as if there is no other player who can match him in terms of talent, and that is just plain wrong.

The reason Mbappe is the best young player currently is not because he is at the level of Messi in terms of talent, but because he is much more mature than his peers in decision making as a player. He is playing as if he has already been playing at this level for years.

I see other young players make some silly mistakes, or make the wrong decisions and just be inconsistent, being sublime in one instance and then be very poor in the next because they make a wrong decision, and I don't see that frustrating inconsistency in Mbappe.

If Rashford was Brazilian or French, everyone would be exploding in their pants about him, just as much as Mbappe. It's too close to call who is better, but one thing is for sure, Rashford is much better than Jesus.
Ask any non-United fan, and they will say that Mbappe is better. Rashford is an excellent talent (Martial IMO is even better, Jesus below Rashford), but Mbappe is on a different level.

Caf always underrates our own. feck me. People still say that Fletcher was nothing more than good player, when in 2009 he was absolutely phenomenal.

He's not as good as Mbappe as I think he's sensational but Rashford does get underrated a lot here.

If Rashford was Brazilian or French, everyone would be exploding in their pants about him, just as much as Mbappe. It's too close to call who is better, but one thing is for sure, Rashford is much better than Jesus.

Funny, because a lot of people would say the only reason we hear so much about Rashford is because he's English and playing for Manchester United.

Mbappe isn't generational. He's a very good young player whose value has been hyped up to astronomical proportions because of the transfer market. Put him in a big club in a big league and he would look comparable to how Rashford looks for us.

No, this is why he is valued, among just watching him play.

DKvszDTWsAAupEM.jpg

Funny, because a lot of people would say the only reason we hear so much about Rashford is because he's English and playing for Manchester United.

No, this is why he is valued, among just watching him play.

DKvszDTWsAAupEM.jpg

Great accomplishment. Still doesn't remotely justify his fee and let's see if he can do it again.

Yeah the fact that he has 9 goals and assists in the last 10 appearances doesn't have anything to do with it. Nothing at all.

How about when it's non english who don't rate Rashford as highly as M'Bappe ? I mean resorting to the nationality cliche is a bit past it no ?
I just mean, if Rashford was called Rashfinho from the slums of Rio, street football playing kid with a hard upbringing, then achieved what he has achieved already, then everyone would have a different opinion on him and he would be right alongside Mbappe with the plaudits.

I just mean, if Rashford was called Rashfinho from the slums of Rio, street football playing kid with a hard upbringing, then achieved what he has achieved already, then everyone would have a different opinion on him and he would be right alongside Mbappe with the plaudits.

Spot on.

What kind of absolute shite are you talking? You obviously don't remember the hype around 18 year old Rooney, or the hype around Kane and Alli when they first came on the scene.

If a young player is good enough they'll get hyped regardless of nationality. The real question is whether we tend to underrate our own youngsters in contrast to the ones we only tend to see glimpses of.

I think this is something from the past. It used to be frequent but in the end the football played is the ultimate evidence
.English players are also very very overrated early on.

How about when it's non english who don't rate Rashford as highly as M'Bappe ? I mean resorting to the nationality cliche is a bit past it no ?
Kane is constantly getting downplayed due to his nationality.
Thats before the "Overrated Premiership" brigade comes running in.

What kind of absolute shite are you talking? You obviously don't remember the hype around 18 year old Rooney, or the hype around Kane and Alli when they first came on the scene.

If a young player is good enough they'll get hyped regardless of nationality. The real question is whether we tend to underrate our own youngsters in contrast to the ones we only tend to see glimpses of.

Rooney was hyped in England, not the entire world. Kane and Alli weren't particularly hyped among people who don't follow football religiously - promising young players yes, but nothing more.

Nani was very good for Sporting and extremely exciting. I can see the comparisons between young Nani and young Ronaldo. In fact, I'd say Nani, for me, was more exciting. But thats down to an opinion of how the game should be played. Nani was far more direct than Ronaldo. Had incredible long shot on him. Used his skill when he needed to not for aesthetics like Ronaldo. So like your mate isn't far off imo.

I'm not saying Nani isn't a good player. He's a good player who will be fondly remembered by the teams he has played for. I think Rashford can become a very good footballer and all. Ronaldo though, is a world class player. One of the very best and a legend of the game. This will be the difference with these two I believe.

There's no gulf at all other than what is fabricated in the imaginations of the 'grass is always greener' brigade. They are both very good young players with bright futures ahead. Its impossible to pretend Mbappe is lightyears ahead of Rashford after one year in the French league.

We'll have to disagree but I'm not basing it on what he's achieved at Monaco, rather on the skill you can clearly see. He's a calm and classy player who has every attribute to be truly world class.

Calm down ffs! It's evident with the amount of young foreign players playing in the English league. It has been for the past 20 years.

Kane is constantly getting downplayed due to his nationality.
Thats before the "Overrated Premiership" brigade comes running in.
You're imagining it. He is a fantastic player, the medias love him. When he emerged, he was hyped crazy, it was crazy because he didn't prove much but nowadays every praise is well deserved.

Rooney was hyped in England, not the entire world. Kane and Alli weren't particularly hyped among people who don't follow football religiously - promising young players yes, but nothing more.
No disrespect but what do you or any of us know about the "entire world"? You can't claim something like that unless you were travelling every country.

The PL is the most watched league in the world, if there's any league in which talented youngsters have a reach for people to see them and hype them, it's that.

You can just go into the football forum now to see the amount of posters who didn't realize how good Messi himself was at 18/19 because they hadn't seen enough of him. It works both ways.

With regards to Rooney. I distinctly remember being in Germany and Russia after the Euro's, everyone was buzzing about Rooney. Not so much about his talent but his freakish adulthood when he was only 18 if you know what I mean.

You're imagining it. He is a fantastic player, the medias love him. When he emerged, he was hyped crazy, it was crazy because he didn't prove much but nowadays every praise is well deserved.
Nope. Ive read more posts than I should about another over hyped English player, is that why Iceland beat them etc etc (Thats brought up a lot)
Even on here, I put forward the argument that Kane has had a better year than Neymar and it all came out!

I wasn't picking this forum out though, very few non EPL loving fans on here.
Spurs aren't really a widely watched team, though. I think Kane at a Utd or Chelsea would be getting a lot more hype internationally. Look what happened to Bale when he went from Spurs to Real.

Kane has been immense for the past 3 years, he's only getting recognition now from non Spuds. There is a thread about him being a one season wonder in the archives..Go and read that.
Yeah because it was THAT season. He got plenty of recognition in his first and second season too. If you think Kane isn't hyped by media and fans then you're imagining things.

Kane has been immense for the past 3 years, he's only getting recognition now from non Spuds. There is a thread about him being a one season wonder in the archives..Go and read that.

Very true. I myself was a non believer up until last year or so. Shame on me. Kane is fecking brilliant, although, quite ugly.

No disrespect but what do you or any of us know about the "entire world"? You can't claim something like that unless you were travelling every country.

:lol: Travel the world ? How about we use the internet instead.

The PL is the most watched league in the world, if there's any league in which talented youngsters have a reach for people to see them and hype them, it's that.

You can just go into the football forum now to see the amount of posters who didn't realize how good Messi himself was at 18/19 because they hadn't seen enough of him. It works both ways.

And your point is ?

He's definitely not. This is the type of opinion that would make other people not take United fans seriously. Rashford is brilliant, but Mbappe is at least an entire level above.

I don't see the downplaying. Kane has remarkably muted hype when you consider he is probably the best striker in the world at the moment.

He's definitely not. This is the type of opinion that would make other people not take United fans seriously. Rashford is brilliant, but Mbappe is at least an entire level above.

Oh ffs...

You'd think I'm comparing Fellaini to Xavi.

Status
Not open for further replies.