Rashford is as good as Mbappé...

In your opinion is Rashford presently as good as Mbappé?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No that is not what I think. I think you are overrating Rashford more than underrating M'Bappe

Maybe I am? What do you think of Rashford and his potential? I've certainly haven't been as excited about a United youngster since I've started following us.

Rashford's has 5 goals and 4 assists now in 10 appearances this season while Mbappe has 4 goals and 2 assists in 10 games.

Output so far has been similar though i think Mbappe is a better talent. But i think difference isn't as huge as some make out.

Maybe I am? What do you think of Rashford and his potential? I've certainly haven't been as excited about a United youngster since I've started following us.
He is promising with a much bigger room of improvement than Kylian. The best thing about him is his self confidence and his hunger. The futur is bright for him.

Rashford's has 5 goals and 4 assists now in 10 appearances this season while Mbappe has 4 goals and 2 assists in 10 games.

Output so far has been similar though i think Mbappe is a better talent. But i think difference isn't as huge as some make out.

Well thats what I think. I don't think it's outlandish of a comparison as some make out.

As a whole though, I think Rashford is the real deal. Once in a generation talent.

I think Mbappe is miles ahead of Rashford personally, but even I wouldn't think that of Mbappe right now. There are just so many, many, different things whether it's on the field or off it that can happen in a young player's career. There have been countless Rashford's that have come and gone across the world in the game. It's just too early to make these kinds of grandiose claims.

I think Mbappe is miles ahead of Rashford personally, but even I wouldn't think that of Mbappe right now. There are just so many, many, different things whether it's on the field or off it that can happen in a young player's career. There have been countless Rashford's that have come and gone across the world in the game. It's just too early to make these kinds of grandiose claims.

hence the term - talent. Plenty of things could go wrong with either of those players.

Oh not saying he'll be as good, but I mean if there was anyone who ever resembled him as a player in terms of play style, then it's Mbappe. Just the complete striker and so mature at such a young age.

Just that when I think of young Ronaldo, I think of the best young player ever. He was that good at the age of 18,19. Don't have that feeling with Mbappe, although he is a different beast. Never seen such a maturity and brilliant decision-making at that age.

I actually see them a little bit different in terms of playing style as Ronaldo was more a force of nature, that's all. Nothing to take away from Mbappe.

He's our player and English so some of our own fans will underrate him on this forum. I think they are very close with maybe Mbappe just slightly ahead at present but there's not as much in it as some on here would have you believe.

There's nothing grandiose about it. Rashford and Mbappe are both extremely talented kids. There is not much between them in terms of talent and skill. If Rashford played as the lead striker for a French team last year, you can bet he would've put up comparable numbers.

Jones is the best defender in the Premiership

De Gea is best goalkeeper ever

Rashford is better than Mbappe

Martial is the new Messi

All in the past week , let's see where else can we go ?

Jose better than Fergie I'm just waiting for that one before I dive out the window.

Herrera better than Keane

Lukakau better than Hughes

Young better than Irwin

Matic better than Carrick

Why can't people just be happy with how things are going without wanting to trample over the past .We have the makings of a great team let's get behind them instead of making unnessecary comparisons to anyone else past or present.

He's not the new Henry he is the new Anthony Martial

There's nothing grandiose about it. Rashford and Mbappe are both extremely talented kids. There is not much between them in terms of talent and skill. If Rashford played as the lead striker for a French team last year, you can bet he would've put up comparable numbers.

You misunderstand, what's grandiose is calling them once-in-a-generation talent. Let's wait and see, because I've seen a lot of once-in-a-generation talent get nowhere by 25.

hence the term - talent. Plenty of things could go wrong with either of those players.

Okay, nevermind everything I've said above then...I'm the one who misunderstood. :D

No one can predict how a player's career will pan out. Different players develop at different rates and in different ways, so it is pointless to try and predict that. It is also possible that some players never progress past a certain level, or even regress from their initial level.

Mbappe is the best young attacker currently, but there are a few very talented youngsters who could be just as good as him or could end up better in the future.

As for the likes of Rashford and Martial, both are very talented and are progressing nicely, but are not on the same level as Mbappe currently. But instead of constantly comparing them to other players, just be happy that they are playing well for us.

It is an exciting time for football fans in general, as there seems to be a few very talented youngsters coming through in every league currently.

This could wind up like Ronaldo versus Quaresma. But in all likelihood both Rashford will go onto have very fine careers at their respective clubs.

I don't know what the numbers say, but Rashford looks like he'll mess up every one-to-one he gets.

Rashford is an excellent talent, and we can wax lyrical all we want about him but Mbappe is a generational talent. Incomparable IMO.

I don't know what the numbers say, but Rashford looks like he'll mess up every one-to-one he gets.

I don't get that impression at all. Nor do I get the impression Mbappe would outperform Rashford if he played in the Prem and had to face the physicality and skill of defenders here.

Thankfully, with this thread now here, we can actually have the performance thread for Rashford for his performances, instead of it devolving into a comparison thread.

If Rashford was Brazilian or French, everyone would be exploding in their pants about him, just as much as Mbappe. It's too close to call who is better, but one thing is for sure, Rashford is much better than Jesus.

Rashford is an excellent talent, and we can wax lyrical all we want about him but Mbappe is a generational talent. Incomparable IMO.

Mbappe isn't generational. He's a very good young player whose value has been hyped up to astronomical proportions because of the transfer market. Put him in a big club in a big league and he would look comparable to how Rashford looks for us.

Mbappe has the potential to be as good as messi/ronaldo. I dont think Rashford can come close to him unless mbappe fecks it up.
I think a fair comparison might be jesus and Rashford, but i think jesus is better right now. I would say rashford is the least potential in the three but it all depends on hard work and how they grow.
I think 5 years from now, Rashford will be a good player not just a great one, whereas Mbappe will be competing for world player of the year and jesus will be a great player and somewhere in between their levels.

I've probably said this a few times, but this comparison makes me think of when my friend compared Nani and Ronaldo and concluded that the former was the better player.

I think it's a good comparison as that's the gulf in class we're looking at.

Mbappe isn't generational. He's a very good young player whose value has been hyped up to astronomical proportions because of the transfer market. Put him in a big club in a big league and he would look comparable to how Rashford looks for us.

I think that's nonsense tbh

I've probably said this a few times, but this comparison makes me think of when my friend compared Nani and Ronaldo and concluded that the former was the better player.

Nani was very good for Sporting and extremely exciting. I can see the comparisons between young Nani and young Ronaldo. In fact, I'd say Nani, for me, was more exciting. But thats down to an opinion of how the game should be played. Nani was far more direct than Ronaldo. Had incredible long shot on him. Used his skill when he needed to not for aesthetics like Ronaldo. So like your mate isn't far off imo.

Its 100% spot on. Mbappe hasn't played a full year in a top, competitive league yet. Let's see him do it in England or Spain.

Mbappe plays in a fecking team that concentrates on scoring. Rashford plays as full back at times. Point is - Rashford has way more defensive responsibility as a player which obviously hinders his overall output.

There's no gulf at all other than what is fabricated in the imaginations of the 'grass is always greener' brigade. They are both very good young players with bright futures ahead. Its impossible to pretend Mbappe is lightyears ahead of Rashford after one year in the French league.

From a neutral pov I think Rashford has a tremendous potential, just like Mbappe. They are both different. The English is more intense and explosive while the French has more grace and finesse.

Generally I feel Rashford is underrated around here. If he was playing for Spurs now..

Exactly and thank you.

Asensio is being rated as different class from Rashford for some reason yet he's two years older than him and has 2 goals and 1 assist in 417 minutes this season whereas Rashford has 3 goals and 3 assists in 504 minutes this season. For comparison's sake Mbappe has 3 goals and 3 assists in 498 minutes this season. Jesus has 5 goals in 472 mins.

All of the above stats are for League and CL only. In Mbappe's case PSG's strength and French League's weakness also should be considered. Yet the talk here is Rashford is a level below all of the above talents for some reason.

The problem is that people watch 90mins of Rashford all season and therefore have more times to pick out his weaknesses whereas in other players case they only see the highlights and shit on Rashford for no reason.

Last edited:
One year in the French league is not an opinion.

No, it's the other part we are discussing. The part where you said put Mbappe in a top league and he'll look like Rashford. I said I think that's nonsense, and I merely mocked the tone of your response.

Exactly and thank you.

Asensio is being rated as different class from Rashford for some reason yet he's two years old and has 2 goals and 1 assist in 417 minutes this season whereas Rashford has 3 goals and 3 assists in 504 minutes this season. For comparison's sake Mbappe has 3 goals and 3 assists in 498 minutes this season. Jesus has 5 goals in 472 mins.

All of the above stats are for League and CL only. In Mbappe's case PSG's strength and French League's weakness also should be considered. Yet the talk here is Rashford is a level below all of the above talents for some reason.

Caf always underrates our own. feck me. People still say that Fletcher was nothing more than good player, when in 2009 he was absolutely phenomenal.

No, it's the other part we are discussing. The part where you said put Mbappe in a top league and he'll look like Rashford. I said I think that's nonsense, and I merely mocked the tone of your response.

Its a rational thing to say. Let's see how Mbappe fares in a top league before we anoint him as something he's clearly not. Conversely, let's not casually down play Rashford's talent just because his name doesn't end in a vowel and he's English.

Status
Not open for further replies.