Rashford is as good as Mbappé...

In your opinion is Rashford presently as good as Mbappé?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only player in Mbappe's age bracket that is even within touching distance of him right now is Asensio.

I would certainly expect Rashford to be better than Mfappe, seeing that the later has yet to kick a ball in his life

Nowhere close. Though he's class. Mbappe is probably the best u21 player since Messi. Better then Rooney at the same age. Martial is the level below Mbappe along with Dembele, Asensio IMO, and then Rashford is the level below those with some others. Mbappe is ridiculous though.

Very debatable. Rooney was very very fecking good at his age. Circa EURO 2004.

Mbappe had 6 goals in 6 games against Man City, Dortmund and Juventus last season. At 18 years old.
Playing as a striker for a free scoring team, meanwhile rashford was deployed as a left winger for a team who couldn't hit a barn door. Mbappe is still the better talent though:cool:

Do any of you watch Mbappe as regularly as Rashford? I love our Rashers but Mbappe is head and shoudlers above him, not even by a small margin either.

I don't think he is but the difference is not as big as people make it out to be, from what I've seen. Not yet, anyway. Most of you only watch Mbappe's highlights and you know it.

Do any of you watch Mbappe as regularly as Rashford? I love our Rashers but Mbappe is head and shoudlers above him, not even by a small margin either.

Yes. I do. Rashford has to do way more for his team. And has played for inferior team up until this year, whilst Mbappe was playing in a free scoring Monaco team and now with PSG. Rashford is as good imho.

Very debatable. Rooney was very very fecking good at his age. Circa EURO 2004.
Yeah, Rooney was brilliant. Even if you want to ignore his productivity in the french league at such an early age, just look at what Mbappe has done in the champions league at the age of 18. Its crazy. And then just seeing him on the pitch, his touch, dribbling, finishing, decision making, runs he makes on and off the ball, and just overall maturity and completeness to his game is ridiculous. He's genuinely like a young Ronaldo (brazilian one).

From a neutral pov I think Rashford has a tremendous potential, just like Mbappe. They are both different. The English is more intense and explosive while the French has more grace and finesse.

Generally I feel Rashford is underrated around here. If he was playing for Spurs now..

Yeah, Rooney was brilliant. Even if you want to ignore his productivity in the french league at such an early age, just look at what Mbappe has done in the champions league at the age of 18. Its crazy. And then just seeing him on the pitch, his touch, dribbling, finishing, decision making, runs he makes on and off the ball, and just overall maturity and completeness to his game is ridiculous. He's genuinely like a young Ronaldo (brazilian one).

I see the comparison with Ronaldo. I get it but lets wait and see. Lets see him doing over a couple more seasons before the comparisons like that.

Yeah I'd agree with that tbh

If rashford was playing in that god awful league and played for PSG or last seasons free scoring Monaco team like mbappe is/was then I can see rashford hitting similar figures no problem.

From a neutral pov I think Rashford has a tremendous potential, just like Mbappe. They are both different. The English is more intense and explosive while the French has more grace and finesse.

Generally I feel Rashford is underrated around here. If he was playing for Spurs now..

Rashford has grace, although I agree on your actual point. Rashford is very elegant if you like on the ball. I think he's a tad overconfident even at times. But I have no doubt hell iron out the kinks in the near future.

Rashford at his best = standard Mbappe

Mbappe had 6 goals in 6 games against Man City, Dortmund and Juventus last season. At 18 years old.
To be fair to Rashford, he's scored against Arsenal, City, Chelsea, there might be more teams I could mention...

Not quite for me. Although, he is definitely a best young player in the world.

Yeah I'm gonna wait a little longer before making such an outrageous claim.
Not sure what you have to wait for. We're talking about both at 18, Mbappe has a couple of months left but we're looking at his 2017 form. Rooney had the Euro's and then was incredibly inconsistent like you would expect most 18 year olds are. Some ridiculous games like his debut and the odd screamer, some games where he struggled to make an impact or was wasteful and had poor decision making. Mbappe in the champions league knockout stages you can put on par with the Euro's for Rooney (both were incredible). Difference is that Mbappe has been incredibly consistent and brilliant the entire calendar year in the league as well, and that puts him above Rooney for me. His natural talent on the ball is something Rooney never had (or to his extent).

No he's not. Probably will never be. Rashford has some very poor decision making at times and his finishing is also below par for a world class player.

He will improve but Mbappe will be leagues ahead by then.

Not quite for me. Although, he is definitely a best young player in the world.
Oh not saying he'll be as good, but I mean if there was anyone who ever resembled him as a player in terms of play style, then it's Mbappe. Just the complete striker and so mature at such a young age.

This season they are playing almost similar positions and as it stands Mbappe is on 2 goals in 7 appearances while Rashford is on 5 goals in 11. Rashford scored against City, Chelsea, Arsenal, etc. Pity he couldn't face Dortmund and Juve unlike Mbappe.

Let's see how they progress from here. By the way early game maturity does not equal more maturity. Fabregas at 19 was a world class midfielder. He isn't now when he is supposed to be at his peak.

They are man. It just seems too obvious to see the difference but whatever.

No. Im not discrediting Mbappe which would seem like I am cause in your eyes I'm comparing him to an inferior player, in your opinion. But honestly, I just rate Rashford as highly. Admittedly Mbappe has shown more maturity in his play.

As a whole though, I think Rashford is the real deal. Once in a generation talent.

To be fair, there's not much between Rashford, Mbappe, and Martial. They are all very good. Its just that one doesn't play for us.

Not even close, IMO. Rashford is a great talent though, amazing potential. Just a few things he needs to improve on, like his shooting. I would say Martial is closer to Mbappe right now

No. Im not discrediting Mbappe which would seem like I am cause in your eyes I'm comparing him to an inferior player, in your opinion. But honestly, I just rate Rashford as highly. Admittedly Mbappe has shown more maturity in his play.

As a whole though, I think Rashford is the real deal. Once in a generation talent.
No that is not what I think. I think you are overrating Rashford more than underrating M'Bappe

I thought i had stumbled onto Rawk for a minute lol

Yeh cause comparing Le Talic or whoever the feck they feck.. ..to Ronaldo.. is like - comparing Rashford and Mbappe.

Status
Not open for further replies.