Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that depends highly on what you consider world-class.. I would argue that any player who is the among the 2-3 best in his position in the world is world-class (unless the level is really low in that position)

But its hard to argue that Robson, Scholes, Keane, Ferdinand, Ronaldo and Schmeichel weren't world-class.

I'll take Fergie's opinion on the players he managed over yours...

But its hard to argue that Robson, Scholes, Keane, Ferdinand, Ronaldo and Schmeichel weren't world-class.

Same with Beckham, Giggs, Stam, Vidic, van der Sar - also world class players without a doubt. Prime Evra very likely too.

Online enthusiasm ? Clearly he hasn't been visiting this place after a draw :)

Real Madrid fans are probably worse in term of how to treat players when underperformed. He knows the standard and already get used to it. Team Varane let's gooo!!

Just that tiny formality of...agreeing the fee.

it actually won't be that much of a hassle. Madrid will want a good fee, but they also will be worried he will just agree to join MUFC on a free. There will be a good compromise.

I'll take Fergie's opinion on the players he managed over yours...

You are of course welcome to take any opinion you want - and of course no one knew the quality of his players better than Ferguson. But that doesn't mean his definition of what is world-class is correct.

Maybe Ferguson has an extremely narrow definition of world-class - but of the 6 players I mentioned, which 2 players do you think weren't world-class ?

OMG Varane is on the Caf...well hello there :devil:

He's going to request a transfer the moment he makes the tiniest of mistakes and comes to read the match reaction forum.

(Come to United, Raphael, you are most welcome <3 )

I chose the 08 team, Neville was injured for most of that season. I was responding to a poster who said ‘name me one team that had world class players in every position’. It’s not the standard, but it does show that SAF did have two sides absolutely full to the brim with world class players.

So a once in a lifetime manager having 2 wc teams over 26 years is the standard for what will make you happy? Those are very high expectations and not realistic.

If we get Sancho Varane and a decent dm/RB backup we look a very promising team despite not having the best players in each position. Maybe we challenge for PL

Also a myth that SAF had wc players all the time. The man was legendary for winning title with bang average players ffs

So a once in a lifetime manager having 2 wc teams over 26 years is the standard for what will make you happy? Those are very high expectations and not realistic.

If we get Sancho Varane and a decent dm/RB backup we look a very promising team despite not having the best players in each position. Maybe we win challenge for PL
You're just putting words in my mouth. I have never said any of what you're saying, was simply responding to a poster who said 'Name me one SAF team that had a world class player in every position'.

You're just putting words in my mouth. I have never said any of what you're saying, was simply responding to a poster who said 'Name me one SAF team that had a world class player in every position'.

This is what you said -

Even if we get Varane and CDM will be short at few positions: GK, RB аnd CF.

Gk: De Gea's best days are gone and its hard to expect he will be back. At this moment he is good goalkepeer but not WC anymore. Hendo is so good, has a big potential but at this point its hard to say if he become world class.

RB: Wan Bissaka is class in defence, maybe he is best defensive full-back but is poor with ball. We need modern full-back(wing back) to fill the hole.

CF: Cavani is old and is injured in the most of time, while Martial is "eternal talent". Grenwood ia not ready yet for CF spot.

Those positions are not urgent and players we have are very good, great at moments at those positions but if we want to compete with City, Pool and Chelsea we must to strive
to get better players at every single positions. If not now, till next summer.

A gk is absolutely not needed. Same with cf where we have Cavani martial and Greenwood. RB maybe but our 1st team player is AWB we just need a backup.

Sancho Varane and a dm (maybe) is arguably the best window we have had in years. The point bought up was some people are never happy which seems to be true if the above 3 don't make you happy. It's literally has me on on edge that we are getting 2 wc players at good prices and a potential great to add to that

This is what you said -

A gk is absolutely not needed. Same with cf where we have Cavani martial and Greenwood. RB maybe but our 1st team player is AWB we just need a backup.

Sancho Varane and a dm (maybe) is arguably the best window we have had in years. The point bought up was some people are never happy which seems to be true if the above 3 don't make you happy. It's literally has me on on edge that we are getting 2 wc players at good prices and a potential great to add to that
I didn't realise I was called Macedonian Red.

Oh Varane Varane
Whatever will be will be
He'll get us to Wembley
Oh Varane Varane

I just found out that both Varana and Maguire wears Puma :D
Puma is working behind the scenes to make this happen :devil:

Looking back on when we first met
I can not escape and I cannot forget
We have got Varane
Ole's go to man
United on the roll again

Status