Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m unaware of rules on loans, why would Garner not be able to go to a prem team? Can you not loan out two players in the prem?
Don't know what that poster is trying to say. Teams can't register more than one loanee from another PL club and more than two loanees at any one time, but clubs can otherwise loan out how many players they want to other Prem teams.

Guys and girls, please can we avoid posting fat jokes in here? It’s really not cool in this day and age. Especially when the fat joke in question is at best a tier 5 source and works for The Scum.

Clearly we want him and he wants to come here but the difference in valuation between us and Atletico is huge at the moment. I am rather hoping that the mooted swap deal with Saul and Griezmann does go through as I imagine the financial impact of that would require Atletico to generate funds from player sales and so they might come down to a reasonable figure for Trippier.
That sounds promising. Who do they have as backup? Do they need to replace him which is not something they would prefer imo.

Hope this happens. I think united will go 20m max and that is a decent price.

Wonder if the Telles rumour has legs, with Trippier maybe seen as cover for both Shaw and competition for AWB, being economical. Williams going on loan to a Premier League team obviously means that Garner wouldn't be able to. So maybe Garner is seriously being looked at for our midfield this season.

Trippier makes sense due to how versatile he is I agree. He should get plenty of games at left or right back and would also be comfortable playing further forward if we wanted to explore wing backs.

He's certainly more versatile than Telles and a better defender.

VDS
… Rio Vidic Evra
Hargreaves Scholes Carrick
Ronaldo Tevez Rooney

Schmeichal
Neville … Stam Irwin
Beckham Keane Scholes Giggs
Yorke Cole

I mean those two are damn near close to being 11/11 world class players. Tbh I think the one gaping hole we will have in our squad will be our keeper. I rate Henderson but I don’t think he’ll ever be world class (would love it if he proved me wrong) and unfortunately title winning teams on the whole need world class keepers.

Interesting you chose Hargreaves over Neville as the world class player. Both these teams won PL + CL. This is hardly the standard.

Wonder if the Telles rumour has legs, with Trippier maybe seen as cover for both Shaw and competition for AWB, being economical. Williams going on loan to a Premier League team obviously means that Garner wouldn't be able to. So maybe Garner is seriously being looked at for our midfield this season.
What? Think you’ve got this one wrong. You can definitely loan out more than 1 player in the PL. See @ValenciasDrilledCrosses post.

Interesting you chose Hargreaves over Neville as the world class player. Both these teams won PL + CL. This is hardly the standard.

The Hargreaves team is the 07/08 team, Neville was injured the whole season , I don't think he played at all that season. He never came back to a decent standard after the ankle injury, Gary Speed (RIP poor man) did a number on him. Brown was our right back that season.

I can’t believe the varane rumours. Would be epic if we signed him but Sancho and Varane in the same window just seems too good to be true.

perhaps even before preseason fixtures.

amazing what can (potentially) happen in a post Ed Woodward world

I can’t believe the varane rumours. Would be epic if we signed him but Sancho and Varane in the same window just seems too good to be true.

perhaps even before preseason fixtures.

amazing what can (potentially) happen in a post Ed Woodward world

It’s going to happen, so you better get used to it!

The Hargreaves team is the 07/08 team, Neville was injured the whole season , I don't think he played at all that season. He never came back to a decent standard after the ankle injury, Gary Speed (RIP poor man) did a number on him. Brown was our right back that season.

Yea remember that. Just thought he was picking the best possible 11 during that time frame. and Hargreaves over Nev had me confused. That makes sense now. Still wouldn't call Hargreaves world class

Honestly, some people are impossible to please. Name me one SAF team that had a world class player in every position.

AWB has shown improvement going forward during his time here, no reason to believe that can't continue. And Cavani showed last year even at 34 he is class. Modern sports science means players are rarely finished the moment they turn 30. Look at Benzeman Suarez, Lewandowski, Ibrahimovic, even Yilmaz! All these players have shown they can continue to be world class into their 30's. Meanwhile we have Greenwood coming through behind him. The solution isn't always throwing more money at the problem.

United 2007-2009
Barcelona 2009-2012; 2013-2015
Real Madrid 2014-2018
Bayern Munich 2013-2016
Liverpool 2018-2020
City 2017-

Varane
He'll beat the shit out of your nan
Raaaafaaa Varane
He'll beat the shit out of your naaaaaaaan

My best work yet

United 2007-2009
Barcelona 2009-2012; 2013-2015
Real Madrid 2014-2018
Bayern Munich 2013-2016
Liverpool 2018-2020
City 2017-
I think it’s debatable that all those teams had world class players in every position and would massively lead us off topic. Secondary, even if they were all world class, they didn’t just all arrive at world class status, they all have pros and cons, a good team works to their strengths and develop into a great team over time.

I think it’s debatable that all those teams had world class players in every position and would massively lead us off topic. Secondary, even if they were all world class, they didn’t just all arrive at world class status, they all have pros and cons, a good team works to their strengths and develop into a great team over time.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I chose the 08 team, Neville was injured for most of that season. I was responding to a poster who said ‘name me one team that had world class players in every position’. It’s not the standard, but it does show that SAF did have two sides absolutely full to the brim with world class players.

feck sake, I hope he doesn't think "I wonder how they'd react if I make a mistake" and begin to research that

That's gotta be a joke from the reporter... how the hell would he know Varane's liking the social media messages?

Fergie said he only managed 4 world class players during his entire time at United....

And that depends highly on what you consider world-class.. I would argue that any player who is the among the 2-3 best in his position in the world is world-class (unless the level is really low in that position)

But its hard to argue that Robson, Scholes, Keane, Ferdinand, Ronaldo and Schmeichel weren't world-class.

This is why I told you all, Varane is different case to others. We, the muppets are not influenced by Varane, we influence Varane!!

Just went through the comment section of his latest instagram posts and it is just filled with Come to United :lol: .

Status
Not open for further replies.