Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah say what you want about Custis but he has sauces.

Maybe fat man is taking a punt. This does smell like the deal is on pause ala Sancho and it would be a decent risk to take

Aye he was getting lots right a few years back to be fair to him, stopped paying close attention to him once he was banned from being posted on here though to be honest.
He's a bit of cnut and is prepared for a confrontation, which winds people up. But he is a Manchester United correspondent, who has got things right in the past.

It's coming from The Sun's own Twitter account:

Wonder if the Telles rumour has legs, with Trippier maybe seen as cover for both Shaw and competition for AWB, being economical. Williams going on loan to a Premier League team obviously means that Garner wouldn't be able to. So maybe Garner is seriously being looked at for our midfield this season.

When a single player sells for much more than this amount, signing two players for £68m is not massive.

The Sun really print crap.

Wonder if the Telles rumour has legs, with Trippier maybe seen as cover for both Shaw and competition for AWB, being economical. Williams going on loan to a Premier League team obviously means that Garner wouldn't be able to. So maybe Garner is seriously being looked at for our midfield this season.
At the moment, all we know is that Roma's interested in Telles on loan. We don't know if United are open to loaning him out. There's also Diogo Dalot, who United may be willing to keep this season as a possible backup for both full back positions.

At the moment, all we know is that Roma's interested in Telles on loan. We don't know if United are open to loaning him out. There's also Diogo Dalot, who United may be willing to keep this season as a possible backup for both full back positions.

Of course, all speculation.

I don’t think Trippier really changes much for Telles.

We can’t go into this season with only 3 full backs in Trippier, Shaw & AWB. I would imagine Dalot is sold, and Laird/Williams loaned.

Sancho, Trippier and Varane for around 140m pounds total would be outstanding business...

Dubious source of course but I do hope it happens and that the fat man isn't completely full of shit

This is what I was thinking too. Trippier could provide back up and competition for both left and right fullback spots.

Loaning Telles seems illogical to me. What would the benefit be for United exactly? Either he stays or is sold, imo. I like Telles, would like to see him stay for another season.

At first I was afraid
I was petrified
Thinking that we'd concede a goal
With Lindelof in the side
Then I'd spent so many nights
Thinking of who can fix it

So that we grow strong
It was Varane all along
So here we go
Do it like Romano
We will play Varane with Harry
No goals conceded is a guarantee

Weren't you the ones who tried to
Insult our De Gea?
Too bad no goal
Too bad no goal

Even if we get Varane and CDM will be short at few positions: GK, RB аnd CF.

Gk: De Gea's best days are gone and its hard to expect he will be back. At this moment he is good goalkepeer but not WC anymore. Hendo is so good, has a big potential but at this point its hard to say if he become world class.

RB: Wan Bissaka is class in defence, maybe he is best defensive full-back but is poor with ball. We need modern full-back(wing back) to fill the hole.

CF: Cavani is old and is injured in the most of time, while Martial is "eternal talent". Grenwood ia not ready yet for CF spot.

Those positions are not urgent and players we have are very good, great at moments at those positions but if we want to compete with City, Pool and Chelsea we must to strive
to get better players at every single positions. If not now, till next summer.

I agree with your assessment that squad wouldn’t be perfect but it’s be at that level that we should, and would be expected to, mount a serious title challenge.

Yes, we all agree that ideally we’d get in an attacking RB - ideally of the quality of a Hakimi - but realistically a Trippier who would be cheap and rotate with AWB depending on opposition. And ideally we’d have an Oblack in goal, but our options are good enough there. And ideally we’d sign a Haaland, but again with Cavani, Martial and Greenwood and their supporting cast, we should be pushing for the top spot - if, IF, we address the biggest remaining weakness and imbalance in the squad, the DM position.

The point is that there are very, very few squads out there that couldn’t be improved. A squad can always be improved. At some point it has to be good enough that you start to expect serious trophy challenges and enter a cycle of refinement and continual improvement while simultaneously challenging.

I’m unaware of rules on loans, why would Garner not be able to go to a prem team? Can you not loan out two players in the prem?

Even if we get Varane and CDM will be short at few positions: GK, RB аnd CF.

Gk: De Gea's best days are gone and its hard to expect he will be back. At this moment he is good goalkepeer but not WC anymore. Hendo is so good, has a big potential but at this point its hard to say if he become world class.

RB: Wan Bissaka is class in defence, maybe he is best defensive full-back but is poor with ball. We need modern full-back(wing back) to fill the hole.

CF: Cavani is old and is injured in the most of time, while Martial is "eternal talent". Grenwood ia not ready yet for CF spot.

Those positions are not urgent and players we have are very good, great at moments at those positions but if we want to compete with City, Pool and Chelsea we must to strive
to get better players at every single positions. If not now, till next summer.
Honestly, some people are impossible to please. Name me one SAF team that had a world class player in every position.

AWB has shown improvement going forward during his time here, no reason to believe that can't continue. And Cavani showed last year even at 34 he is class. Modern sports science means players are rarely finished the moment they turn 30. Look at Benzeman Suarez, Lewandowski, Ibrahimovic, even Yilmaz! All these players have shown they can continue to be world class into their 30's. Meanwhile we have Greenwood coming through behind him. The solution isn't always throwing more money at the problem.

Honestly, some people are impossible to please. Name me one SAF team that had a world class player in every position.

AWB has shown improvement going forward during his time here, no reason to believe that can't continue. And Cavani showed last year even at 34 he is class. Modern sports science means players are rarely finished the moment they turn 30. Look at Benzeman Suarez, Lewandowski, Ibrahimovic, even Yilmaz! All these players have shown they can continue to be world class into their 30's. Meanwhile we have Greenwood coming through behind him. The solution isn't always throwing more money at the problem.

VDS
… Rio Vidic Evra
Hargreaves Scholes Carrick
Ronaldo Tevez Rooney

Schmeichal
Neville … Stam Irwin
Beckham Keane Scholes Giggs
Yorke Cole

I mean those two are damn near close to being 11/11 world class players. Tbh I think the one gaping hole we will have in our squad will be our keeper. I rate Henderson but I don’t think he’ll ever be world class (would love it if he proved me wrong) and unfortunately title winning teams on the whole need world class keepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.