Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh Yesss!!

E6VKV6kUcAAasLX
Why is Varane jumping on Lee Sharpe?

Assuming we get Varane, and with the addition of Sancho, we are one player away from a serious title challenge being expected rather than hoped for. The investment in those two almost necessitates we make that final step and get an elite defensive midfielder. Without it, I think it’s inevitable we continue to fall short.

At this point I would absolutely sell Pogba if it meant we would have the funds to buy a top class DM. It’d be the one thing this team would still be missing. The question is who? And what are the realistic chances of securing them?

My top two names, are Kalvin Phillips and Frenkie De Jong. Barca need the cash so I think there’s an outside chance of that, but Leeds….doubt they would do business with us. I don’t want to keep coming back to Rice, but he might be the best option. What other alternatives in the market are there for us? Someone with an extensive knowledge of European based DMs, please give me some options. And don’t tell me obvious ones like mortgaging Old Trafford to get Kimmich.

Even if we get Varane and CDM will be short at few positions: GK, RB аnd CF.

Gk: De Gea's best days are gone and its hard to expect he will be back. At this moment he is good goalkepeer but not WC anymore. Hendo is so good, has a big potential but at this point its hard to say if he become world class.

RB: Wan Bissaka is class in defence, maybe he is best defensive full-back but is poor with ball. We need modern full-back(wing back) to fill the hole.

CF: Cavani is old and is injured in the most of time, while Martial is "eternal talent". Grenwood ia not ready yet for CF spot.

Those positions are not urgent and players we have are very good, great at moments at those positions but if we want to compete with City, Pool and Chelsea we must to strive
to get better players at every single positions. If not now, till next summer.

Just saw Varane trending on Twitter and as per usual a mixture of fake reports and contradictions

Even if we get Varane and CDM will be short at few positions: GK, RB аnd CF.

Gk: De Gea's best days are gone and its hard to expect he will be back. At this moment he is good goalkepeer but not WC anymore. Hendo is so good, has a big potential but at this point its hard to say if he become world class.

RB: Wan Bissaka is class in defence, maybe he is best defensive full-back but is poor with ball. We need modern full-back(wing back) to fill the hole.

CF: Cavani is old and is injured in the most of time, while Martial is "eternal talent". Grenwood ia not ready yet for CF spot.

Those positions are not urgent and players we have are very good, great at moments at those positions but if we want to compete with City, Pool and Chelsea we must to strive
to get better players at every single positions. If not now, till next summer.

Seriously, all we need is Haaland and Jones.

I can't believe I'm getting sucked into this one, but it sounds like it could really happen.

I’m getting ahead of myself here but we do need to strip that no 4 off of Phil Jones.

If Custis is right about it and has the scoop, I’m sure he’ll be mooning the Athletic offices as revenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.