Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

Pretty sure it's a photo from our first game of the season mate, on the way to winning the league.
It's legit.

Is it really that funny?

Ofcourse United are a big club - but this big club has been at times at 6th or 8th; do you really think Varane wants to join that because United are some historic club? I really doubt it - Ole has pushed us back up again to 2nd in the league last season with a clear feeling of addressing our weaknesses and trying to achieve our goals. I can see why Varane may join us now both due to our amazing history as a club and what he can see in the future that will be set up by Ole.

Yes. It is that funny.

United isn't just "some historic club" United is currently one of the biggest clubs in the world. The likelihood of Varane wanting to join United due to how big the club is plus the remuneration on offer is much bigger than "Ole appeal" for feck's sake

I’m pretty fresh in the game. It seems the more you know the less you do.

That’s somewhat true in a extent. Do you do back end or front end?

And congratulations for choosing this line of work. You will never ever be out of a job.

And sorry for the off topic guys. It’s just cool with a fellow dev.

And congratulations for choosing this line of work. You will never ever be out of a job.

What’s this really about?

I’m full stack, both web and mobile apps and node backend building on AWS at the moment but started off with .NET on Azure.

Don't think that Varane was delighted with the fact that Ramos had double of his wages in Madrid after the last contract and that Real didn't offer him a much improved contract while taking Alaba on massive wages at this point in time. In short, I don't think he was that impressed with them for a while now.

Forward steps a big club who wanted to sign him from an early age and which he seriously considered before. Also, a new challenge after he won everything in Madrid and the backbone of that team is either gone or in decline. It is now a different team then the one with which he won 4 CL titles.
It is really not that hard to see multiple reasons why he would join us.

Hopefully Madrid won't make this tougher with some crazy demands. They do need a money and faster they get it, better for them.

There have been reports as far back as 2016 saying Varane is a boyhood red who's idol growing up was Ferdinand. The difference here between Ramos and Varane is I feel like United and PSG were second options to Ramos, if Madrid offered the same contract as PSG Ramos would still be there. With Varane, I genuinely believe he wants a new challenge and wants to play in the prem.

He would still be there even they didn't. He made a speech saying he accepted the Real contract offer and they told him it had been taken off the table and he had to leave. He moved to PSG because Real didn't want him.

What’s this really about?

It’s just cool to know that a guy I have seen posting here for years do dev.

I’m full stack, both web and mobile apps and node backend building on AWS at the moment but started off with .NET on Azure.

Very cool. It’s high demand for devs like you in Norway at the time. It’s just not enough devs, so many are looking abroad.

Assuming we get Varane, and with the addition of Sancho, we are one player away from a serious title challenge being expected rather than hoped for. The investment in those two almost necessitates we make that final step and get an elite defensive midfielder. Without it, I think it’s inevitable we continue to fall short.

At this point I would absolutely sell Pogba if it meant we would have the funds to buy a top class DM. It’d be the one thing this team would still be missing. The question is who? And what are the realistic chances of securing them?

My top two names, are Kalvin Phillips and Frenkie De Jong. Barca need the cash so I think there’s an outside chance of that, but Leeds….doubt they would do business with us. I don’t want to keep coming back to Rice, but he might be the best option. What other alternatives in the market are there for us? Someone with an extensive knowledge of European based DMs, please give me some options. And don’t tell me obvious ones like mortgaging Old Trafford to get Kimmich.

Assuming we get Varane, and with the addition of Sancho, we are one player away from a serious title challenge being expected rather than hoped for. The investment in those two almost necessitates we make that final step and get an elite defensive midfielder. Without it, I think it’s inevitable we continue to fall short.

At this point I would absolutely sell Pogba if it meant we would have the funds to buy a top class DM. It’s be the one thing this team would still be missing. The question is who? And what are the realistic chances of securing them?

My top two names, are Kalvin Phillips and Frenkie De Jong. Barca need the cash so I think there’s an outside chance if that, but Leeds….doubt they would do business with us. I don’t want to keep coming back to Rice, but he might be the best option. What other alternatives in the market are there for us? Someone with an extension knowledge of European based DMs, please give me some options. And don’t tell me obvious ones like mortgaging Old Trafford to get Kimmich.
Discussion for another thread perhaps, but if we're selling Pogba, we'd need two midfielders. Especially if one of our considerations is Rice.

It’s just cool to know that a guy I have seen posting here for years do dev.

Very cool. It’s high demand for devs like you in Norway at the time. It’s just not enough devs, so many are looking abroad.

It seems to be high demand everywhere! I’m at a really cool company at the moment, still learning my trade, not in a a rush to chase the coin just yet. Just getting loads of cool projects on my portfolio.

Anyway let’s stop polluting this thread with nonsense :lol:

Big day today!

Red flags!

Looks like we’ve got Varane buckled up.

I went into Real Madrid reddit history to find out whether Onda Cero has been reliable or no. Some stuffs he mentioned 3-5 years ago are BS like about Morata would join us 4 years ago but this year he's been spot on about one thing which about Ramos leaving to PSG which been reported 5 months ago (link below) and he also stick with it in June and he was the one who reported that Ramos told everyone not to accept salary cut. Guess what? Ramos joined PSG!!

So this guy could be legit. It's on!! Chooo Choooo

Tbf the Morata thing was United using him as a decoy to sign Lukaku.

My only concern about the Varane deal going through, something we’ve heard almost every summer about one player or another “club have agreed terms with the player” or “club speaking to players representatives terms not going to be a problem” followed by “United have not yet submitted a formal bid” that more often than not usually results in the deal falling through. Also can we even speak to a player without first having a bid accepted ?

Tbf the Morata thing was United using him as a decoy to sign Lukaku.

My only concern about the Varane deal going through, something we’ve heard almost every summer about one player or another “club have agreed terms with the player” or “club speaking to players representatives terms not going to be a problem” followed by “United have not yet submitted a formal bid” that more often than not usually results in the deal falling through. Also can we even speak to a player without first having a bid accepted ?

Madrid gave us permission earlier this week. This one is all buckled up and ready to ride.

Ohh Yesss!!

E6VKV6kUcAAasLX

Threads over, close it. Doesn't get better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.