Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add on, even if Real Madrid reject our offers, this means that he'll want to move to us for free next summer.

A lot can change in a year, I wouldn't take that as a given. I'd look at it as now or never

PSG signed Ramos who was out of contract. This is much easier and less costly than committing to a transfer fee and a player contract. Plus they already have Marquinhos and Kimpembe.

Bayern signed Upemecano some time ago.

Liverpool went with Konate months ago. Both Bayen and Liverpool made these signings long before there was any wind of Varane wanting to leave Madrid.

Real are probably in the same boat as Barca needing to trim some wages, not increase their costs. Since they signed up Alaba they are probably more than content to let Varane go if they can get 50M for him.

None of this is difficult to figure out.

We have known about for a long time but Bayern have been committed on a younger player, also it's not a given that Varane would want to move to Germany. Liverpool are a nothing club.

A lot can change in a year, I wouldn't take that as a given. I'd look at it as now or never
For sure, but from what I can see, other clubs will need to let go of/lose their first-team defenders. At the moment, I don't see any indications of that, but as you said, things can change.

For me it’s not about how big attraction United are for players, but more a question why Varane isn’t attractive to any other club.
Only clubs like PSG, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea can afford the salary he is looking for. PSG and Man city have no opening for another CB. Chelsea is looking for wing back.

I’m not sure just another role within journalism I think, political news maybe? He posted about it a few days ago.

He is moving to France Télévision and specifically join the talk show C à Vous where he will talk about the news and also sport.

There are few things that underwhelm me more than reports about "Negotiations on contract with player". We all know that the contract is never, ever a problem. What I want to know is when the hell is the club going to make an offer.

There are few things that underwhelm me more than reports about "Negotiations on contract with player". We all know that the contract is never, ever a problem. What I want to know is when the hell is the club going to make an offer.
It can be if a player's not necessarily fully committed to United, which was the case with Varane until now and currently is with Camavinga.

They won’t make an offer unless the player is satisfied with his pay. Otherwise, what’s the point? You can also safely say RM have given the green light to negotiate with player which means they’re selling.

I love the fact we got Sancho, but the prospect of securing Varane excites me even more to be honest. There's just this feeling that he'd be a real difference maker for us.

I love the fact we got Sancho, but the prospect of securing Varane excites me even more to be honest. There's just this feeling that he'd be a real difference maker for us.
Having an actual defence will be so beneficial for us. Conceding soft shit goals is absolutely infuriating.

If this happens then Ole can really convince some top players to join United.

You know United despite being scrubs for nearly a decade is still one of the biggest clubs in the world, right?

and this isn't necessarily about Ole, is just...it's always funny to see people attributing signings to whoever's the manager at the time (not just with United), when more often than not the clubs have damn near all pull in the world regardless of who's the manager.

Heating up now......will be an incredible signing.

sancho, varane and a DM and we’re winning the league.

Most reliable ITK in France

PSG have other matters to deal with and I don't know how they'd fit him into the lineup when they already have Marquinhos, Ramos and Kimpembe in the same position...

He also seemingly wants to play in England having already played in Ligue 1 when he was younger

You know United despite being scrubs for nearly a decade is still one of the biggest clubs in the world, right?

and this isn't necessarily about Ole, is just...it's always funny to see people attributing signings to whoever's the manager at the time (not just with United), when more often than not the clubs have damn near all pull in the world regardless of who's the manager.

Is it really that funny?

Ofcourse United are a big club - but this big club has been at times at 6th or 8th; do you really think Varane wants to join that because United are some historic club? I really doubt it - Ole has pushed us back up again to 2nd in the league last season with a clear feeling of addressing our weaknesses and trying to achieve our goals. I can see why Varane may join us now both due to our amazing history as a club and what he can see in the future that will be set up by Ole.

Is it really that funny?

Ofcourse United are a big club - but this big club has been at times at 6th or 8th; do you really think Varane wants to join that because United are some historic club? I really doubt it - Ole has pushed us back up again to 2nd in the league last season with a clear feeling of addressing our weaknesses and trying to achieve our goals. I can see why Varane may join us now both due to our amazing history as a club and what he can see in the future that will be set up by Ole.
He won everything already. Challenge for title i doubt it is very appealing to him.

Well I believe it's a combination of both. It's still Ole that will speak to him and talk about his plan - the plan that has improved United a bit more post SAF.

I don't disagree, but I doubt any elite players are actually clamoring to play under Solskjaer as he hasn't developed any kind of strong reputation in Europe or England at that. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does this season after what we expect to be our best transfer window in years

Sounds to me like we have very nearly managed to buckle Varane.

Exactly.
There's always one saga each summer that seems to go back and forwards and you know is never happening.
Various drones getting excited at the meaningless "terms agreed with the player" nonsense.

Most reliable ITK in France

PSG have other matters to deal with and I don't know how they'd fit him into the lineup when they already have Marquinhos, Ramos and Kimpembe in the same position...

He also seemingly wants to play in England having already played in Ligue 1 when he was younger

It’s time:

tenor.gif

@Ish

I think Woodward should give a speach before leaving the club and walk off to the tune of Everyday I'm bucklin'.

A backline of Shaw - Maguire - Varane - AWB is almost literally perfection.

We still need a DM, but it should hopefully mean we can play a much higher line than before, which should help condense the pitch and make it easier for the midfielders to connect with the attack. And that's not forgetting the dual threat of overloads into midfield from either Varane and Maguire. It should give opponents something else to think about...

As mentioned in my post above, PSG, Bayern, Liverpool and maybe even Real chose other CBs instead. Why?

Liverpool and Bayern long signed cb's Konate and Upamecano. I thinks everyone has forgotten that. He doesn't seem to want to go to psg.

Liverpool and Bayern long signed cb's Konate and Upamecano. I thinks everyone has forgotten that. He doesn't seem to want to go to psg.
Ramos also wanted to go to PSG, something that Varane by most accounts isn't interested in.

Like you mentioned, those other 2 were confirmed just about before or immediately after the season ended, before the possibility of Varane leaving even started being reported on.

For me it’s not about how big attraction United are for players, but more a question why Varane isn’t attractive to any other club.

No one are interested to sign a CB except us, PSG, Spurs and Arsenal. All the report already said Varane is not interested to join PSG and that's why PSG switched their target to Ramos, Varane favours United more. While both Spurs and Arsenal are not in delusional that they can sign Varane's calibre of player. This is what all those reports mean by ''new challenge''. Proper footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.