Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why are people asking why not other clubs? You can ask the same question of most transfers.

Believe it or not, United are still a big attraction, no make that a massive attraction for players.

If this happens then Ole can really convince some top players to join United.

Agreement almost contractually reached between #Manchester United and Raphaël #Varane . Discussions are advanced between the 2 parties. After buckling Sancho, Man United want #Varane . Discussions are open between Manchester and Real Madrid but no offer yet.

A bunch of this news is getting rehashed, but we should see more activity this week as players report back for pre-season. We won't get anything today or tomorrow, but by this Sunday, we should have a major development.
Things will get real interesting by the end of the week.

Didn't want to get sucked in because I always thought he would sign a new contract at Real, but shit is starting to get real. :drool:

I'm not sure why are people asking why not other clubs? You can ask the same question of most transfers.

Believe it or not, United are still a big attraction, no make that a massive attraction for players.
For me it’s not about how big attraction United are for players, but more a question why Varane isn’t attractive to any other club.

For me it’s not about how big attraction United are for players, but more a question why Varane isn’t attractive to any other club.

First you need to ask yourself which clubs those would be. Figure that out and you'll likely be able to address all of your concerns.

Been the same story for ages now: Agreement with Varane either reached or virtually reached but no bid to Madrid or agreement with them.
Not really; this is actually a major development. Previously, the reports were that we'd have no trouble reaching an agreement, but that didn't necessarily mean that we were advancing with Varane. Ultimately, what this means is that Varane is actually interested in joining us and is no longer considering other options, which is massive. If the talks with Varane's camp go well, then we'll get him no matter what happens.

How many other clubs are in the market for a first-team CB? We're the only club I can think that only has two CBs who can stay fit.
Could be, but normally big players attract big clubs (plural). Then of course the market is not normal at the moment.

As mentioned in my post above, PSG, Bayern, Liverpool and maybe even Real chose other CBs instead. Why?
He wasn't available when Liverpool bought Konate.
As per the reports, he only wants England so PSG and Bayern are not relevant to the conversation.

Let's be real - he is a top 5 CB currently, top 10 if you don't really rate him.
Phenomenal deal if it goes through.

We are a bleeding big draw, let’s accept it and I think players can see we’re going in the right direction.

Think this one is in the bag. A DM and this is probably the best transfer window we’ve had in a VERY long time.

We do, however, have a LOT of players on our books!

Bouhafsi doesn't mess about though. Real news!
Always liked Bouhafsi, shame he’s moving on to another role that doesn’t involve Football soon. This is the last muppetry. The last ride.

Think this one is in the bag. A DM and this is probably the best transfer window we’ve had in a VERY long time.

We do, however, have a LOT of players on our books!

It's funny because you're completely right but it scares me. The last time I thought we had a perfect window (Under LVG) basically none of those players worked out.

As mentioned in my post above, PSG, Bayern, Liverpool and maybe even Real chose other CBs instead. Why?

PSG signed Ramos who was out of contract. This is much easier and less costly than committing to a transfer fee and a player contract. Plus they already have Marquinhos and Kimpembe.

Bayern signed Upemecano some time ago.

Liverpool went with Konate months ago. Both Bayen and Liverpool made these signings long before there was any wind of Varane wanting to leave Madrid.

Real are probably in the same boat as Barca needing to trim some wages, not increase their costs. Since they signed up Alaba they are probably more than content to let Varane go if they can get 50M for him.

None of this is difficult to figure out.

Not really; this is actually a major development. Previously, the reports were that we'd have no trouble reaching an agreement, but that didn't necessarily mean that we were advancing with Varane. Ultimately, what this means is that Varane is actually interested in joining us and is no longer considering other options, which is massive. If the talks with Varane's camp go well, then we'll get him no matter what happens.
Ok. Hope you're right. Keep posting the updates for us. :devil:

So every signing ever must have all the clubs in Europe after him otherwise it isnt good enough for you?

So we have finally have to like Rafa at our club ? Never thought that would happen

Status
Not open for further replies.