Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think this will drag on and on... cant see RM just rolling over at a fair price for a player with 2 year left. Wish we had a 2nd target CB to force them to act reasonably.

Somehow I still think a Pogba transfer the other way may enter the discussions...

Still think this will drag on and on... cant see RM just rolling over at a fair price for a player with 2 year left. Wish we had a 2nd target CB to force them to act reasonably.

Somehow I still think a Pogba transfer the other way may enter the discussions...

He has one year left. I believe he can sign a pre-contract with us in Jan.

one year left

He only has one year left in his contract.

He's got 1 year left.

He has 1 year left

Proper little imagination you've got. They can't afford Pogba, they want Mbappe. Real haven't really linked to Pogba for ages, he was a Zidane signing more than Perez going by most reports.

The sight of Varane and Maguire as our CB pairing :drool:

Gonna be the most confidence I'll have had in our defence since Vida and Rio.

We add a DM as well and I genuinely believe we'll have a very realistic shot at no.21

Just in case you didnt get that, its 1 year left :lol:

1 year mate

The worst updates are when it says we have agreed terms with the player.

When that hasn't been the difficult thing in about 15 years!

Uno yearo de left

Not sure if wumming, but he has 1 year left. We've reportedly been sniffing at Kounde and Torres as well. Then reports recently we might be in for Barella? (I don't believe that one.) Plus news earlier today that we have asked about Koulibaly, that they want €50-60m and we're not willing to pay more than €35-40m for a CB.
A lot of it is likely just paper talk, but it's not uncommon for stories like the Koulibaly one to surface when we want another club to drop the price on our main target.

I've been as pessimistic as anyone over the course of this rumour, but it's pretty clear there is a lot more legitimate interest from Varane's side than was the case with Ramos.

Inner muppet attribute: -98

Maguire and Varane would be the best CB pairing in the league. This would be even more of a statement signing than Sancho.

He's only got 12 months left on his current contract

Don't do this too me, I can't stop thinking this will be a disaster as the football gods are so cruel. He has to be a success here!

The way the pandemic (and obscene contracts previously) has hit Barca and Madrid - as I have said before, we really should go all out this summer and establish ourselves as a top-club again. There will never be a better chance to grab so many of the players we want for affordable prices. We can spend less NeXT summer - this is the transfer window to spend big.

Couldn't agree more.

Maguire and Varane would be the best CB pairing in the league. This would be even more of a statement signing than Sancho.

On paper you mean, In a case you havn't noticed football is not played on paper.

On Varane as an individual he's a very good defender, so is Maguire but as a pair the coaching team would have to work them into a solid unit.

On paper you mean, In a case you havn't noticed football is not played on paper.

On Varane as an individual he's a very good defender, so is Maguire but as a pair the coaching team would have to work them into a solid unit.
So glad you are here to explain that to us

images
:lol::lol:

He only has one year left in his contract.

Yeah. It's an interesting question how much are you prepared to pay in transfer fee for a player on a one year contract. I mean we paid a lot for Sancho.

Yeah. It's an interesting question how much are you prepared to pay in transfer fee for a player on a one year contract. I mean we paid a lot for Sancho.

Sancho had two years left, he was under contract until 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.