Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus this would be a total masterstroke from us, really not used to us being this clever in the market

Perez respects no one and relations with United arent great.. not before the Super League. definitely not after we backed out and left them hanging.. obvious PR talk is obvious.

Perez/Madrid want money and I'm fairly certain they don't care where it comes from, in relation to moving players on.

I don't usually do this around speculation but i have taken a massive step by unzipping half of my zip.
Get a very good DM and we can have a crack at the league this year.

I think Varane would be a great option if we start playing him as a DM !

This will get somebody.

I think our opening bid will be a fair bit lower than 50m euros personally…
I think we know Madrid will hold out for around 50m Euro’s.

It’s a mega important signing for us, I’m hoping we go in and get it done quickly so we can bring him in for at least some pre-season.

But I’ll be happy whatever way it happens as long as he’s a United player by the time the window closes. I’ve wanted this player for a decade :D

Was he ever in our youth system or did we try to sign him years and years ago when he was a youngster? Something is in my memory about him.

How reliable are these last tweets?

Wow wow i'm getting harder and harder each day as all the right noises we want to hear are coming in :drool:

In other words - it takes a lot of time to get you hard. Not much for one night stands are you ?

I like players who relishes new challenges. We are getting a player at his peak and still with plenty of motivation to win things at the highest level

Was he ever in our youth system or did we try to sign him years and years ago? Something is in my memory about him.
We wanted to sign him in 2011 and had something in place for him but Zidane got involved and persuaded him to join Real instead.

People will have you think that we chose Jones over him but it was never one or the other and he chose Real rather than us choosing Jones.

The fact Phil Jones still play for us is actually a disgrace to be honest.

Man should have some pride and take a loan FFS.

Can’t remember the last time we lured a player away from Madrid who they didn’t actually want to sell

Agree. I can see something like 30 million plus add ons as an opening bid.
I hope so.

Yes, he's a good player but last year of contract, multiple sources say he doesn't want to renew and if correct, Madrid will want the cash.

I'm sure £30m won't be enough but good if we start low and give ourselves somewhere to go when Real say "more".

Can’t remember the last time we lured a player away from Madrid who they didn’t actually want to sell
Times are changing, there's been a clear power shift in European football the last 2-3 years with most of it shifting back to the Premier League after almost a decade of La Liga dominance

Am I mistaken in thinking alot of this recent noise is coming from the Madrid side? If so, massively positive sign if Spanish press are already quoting an offer, briefed maybe?

Times are changing, there's been a clear power shift in European football the last 2-3 years with most of it shifting back to the Premier League after almost a decade of La Liga dominance

Covid made this happen, actually.

BPL survived financially because of how global it is compared to La Liga.

How? He's always injured. We'd be loaning him from one treatment table to another.

He hasn't been permanently injured though. He has periods of being fit it's just he is exiled from the side and rightly so.

Lallana is no different and he got a move.

It's sad by Phil himself for being so ambition less but feck me how did the club hand him a new contract?

Absolute idiots to do that.

Really don’t like our new kit. Looks like a league 2 shirt or something.

Why would anybody loan in an injured player? :lol:

Has he been injured permanently for the last 4+ years? No!

We also extended his contract in said time.

Why would anyone extend a player who is never fit and isn't good enough? I can't answer that but someone at the club decided to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.