Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were VERY strongly linked to him at the time and then Lukaku broke out of nowhere. And obviously red hair….

I never say we wanted Morata is BS. Cero basically said we had find an agreement with Real for transfer fees and Morata is flying to Manchester for medical, that was BS report since the reason we switched to Lukaku because we couldn’t find an agreement with Real.

I never say we wanted Morata is BS. Cero basically said we had find an agreement with Real for transfer fees and Morata is flying to Manchester for medical, that was BS report since the reason we switched to Lukaku because we couldn’t find an agreement with Real.

Okay, I was just answering your question.

It seems pretty evident from the reporting as a whole that Madrid are happy to cut wage bill and squad numbers if players aren't interested in the offer presented.

Hence why I consider the "ramos 2.0" comparison as white noise. Compared to the Ramos saga, both Varane and Madrid would be happy if the transfer happened.

Yep, the focal point of this saga is now Mufc and Madrid talks. Varane himself is not our worry. Its how hard Madrid will make the negotiations.
Yeah and I think they will hold out for 60 mill Euro’s.

I’m glad we are seen to be doing better at negotiating in the transfer market but at the same time I hope we don’t penny pinch for Varane. Then again it depends on the overall outlay with whatever wages we’ve agreed with him.

The way the pandemic (and obscene contracts previously) has hit Barca and Madrid - as I have said before, we really should go all out this summer and establish ourselves as a top-club again. There will never be a better chance to grab so many of the players we want for affordable prices. We can spend less NeXT summer - this is the transfer window to spend big.

Yeah and I think they will hold out for 60 mill Euro’s.

I’m glad we are seen to be doing better at negotiating in the transfer market but at the same time I hope we don’t penny pinch for Varane. Then again it depends on the overall outlay with whatever wages we’ve agreed with him.

Big gamble on Madrid's side though. No flexibility and Varane can make huge money on free agency. I think Madrid will get a good price but I don't think they will be wholly immoveable.

I'm fully onboard that this deal is a very good chance now.

No way, despite how good Varane is, that we will pay 50-60 mil for a player who has only one more year of a contract.
For our no1 target (Sancho) we delayed transfer for one year because of 20 mil. For Alexis who was (then) one of best players in PL we payed 35mil.
I have strong Ramos vibes here.

No way, despite how good Varane is, that we will pay 50-60 mil for a player who has only one more year of a contract.
For our no1 target (Sancho) we delayed transfer for one year because of 20 mil. For Alexis who was (then) one of best players in PL we payed 35mil.

With Sancho, it was clear we were the only club he wanted to join, so there was no real risk of losing him if we waited. But Varane would have a flood of offers from other clubs if he was available for free.

Varane on a free means every huge club in Europe will be in for him. It's all a gamble. Mufc will pay up because of that, but I doubt Madrid gets exactly what they want

Reliable?

Tier 2 for France

Arsenal are about to pay £50m-£55m on White and here we are complaining about paying less money on Varane. :wenger:

With Sancho, it was clear we were the only club he wanted to join, so there was no real risk of losing him if we waited. But Varane would have a flood of offers from other clubs if he was available for free.
I agree. But that still will not change the fact that we will not pay 60 mil for 28y old player who has one year of contract.
Don't get me wrong; i would love that we pay 60 mil today but i doubt that Glazers think that way

I agree. But that still will not change the fact that we will not pay 60 mil for 28y old player who has one year of contract.
Don't get me wrong; i would love that we pay 60 mil today but i doubt that Glazers think that way

If we end up landing Varane then you have no complain regardless what the price is, right?

Arsenal are about to pay £50m-£55m on White and here we are complaining about paying less money on Varane. :wenger:
I don't think that any of us complaining. We all would pay 60 this second. But it is about what our club think about that situation. One year contract left, no resale value and shit like that. Irrelevant to us but very important for club

He’s been destined to join us ever since we got close before he chose Madrid. This would be an incredible signing.

All these nobody sources are jumping on this bandwagon. All probably hoping to jack up their credibility if the deal happens. Taking everything with a pinch of salt.

The way the pandemic (and obscene contracts previously) has hit Barca and Madrid - as I have said before, we really should go all out this summer and establish ourselves as a top-club again. There will never be a better chance to grab so many of the players we want for affordable prices. We can spend less NeXT summer - this is the transfer window to spend big.
I agree although I’m not sure we’ll see the prices really drop until the end of the window. Clubs will obviously try to get the most amount possible and try to stand firm with high prices until the last possible moment.

This could be a really busy last week of the window, normally I would say get things done as soon as possible but it might be smart to drag things out a bit to get them to panic.

I suppose it really depends on how much our targets won’t to join us and run the risk of other clubs coming in.

I've been confident we'll get this done for several weeks; looks nailed on now. I'd be shocked if this deal fell through.

This is fantastic if true. Phenomenal defender. Not willing to get my hopes up until he's signed... seems too good to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.