Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday they were £5m apart and today it's £20m

Clearly someone is negotiating very poorly.

Also, I maintain my view, that I would be very shocked if Varane actually came to Old Trafford rather than suddenly accepting a bumper pay rise from Madrid.

He's only determined to leave until Madrid say here, have some more allowance.

It’s possible he’s not using United to get a new and improved contract at Real even if he does sign a new contract with Real.

For sideways transfers eg where it’s not a clear step up, well at this present moment United appear to be the club with better prospects. Players consider a lot of things.

When you’re already settled in Madrid, after 5-9 years you might be open to the idea of new challenge but then when both contracts are offered etc it simply comes down to whether you feel the upheaval of your personal life is worth it. Then you consider you wife and what she thinks, your children’s education and language and how you feel they will adapt, and stuff like climate and lifestyle.

Waiting to get a discounted price on deadline day never sounds like a good transfer stategy.

The only red flags I'm seeing are the ones being waved at our title parade after Varane helps us on our way to our 21st title

So yesterday they were £5m apart and today it's £20m

Clearly someone is negotiating very poorly.

Also, I maintain my view, that I would be very shocked if Varane actually came to Old Trafford rather than suddenly accepting a bumper pay rise from Madrid.

He's only determined to leave until Madrid say here, have some more allowance.

Like the haggling scene from The Life of Brian.

[Carlos Bustillo, Onda Cero] Varane is going to Manchester United. There is no intent to renew with Real Madrid. Negotiations are under way over his contract with United. The formal offer for the player will be made in the coming days.

Madrid tier 3

Tier 3? Bah not even worth readjusting yourself for that trash

They are work in progress, tier 1 in two years... hell yeah!

Edit: Seriously now, Onda Cero is a decent source

Last edited:
All I'm focusing on now is the club side of the deal. Any continual claims by posters that this is Ramos 2.0 is just white noise. They just aren't the same kind of Saga's.

Worryingly, I've heard he's better on the left side of a CB duo.
This makes no sense to me considering he's right-footed, he should be fine there as should Maguire. If anything it's good news as we will have two CBs who are comfortable on the left side of the defence without being left-footed. Lindelof and Bailly always look uncomfortable playing on the left side.

Onda Cero is basically our Andy Mitten, Mark Ogden, and Rob Dawson. If you believe in them, then you should believe in Onda Cero.

I went into Real Madrid reddit history to find out whether Onda Cero has been reliable or no. Some stuffs he mentioned 3-5 years ago are BS like about Morata would join us 4 years ago but this year he's been spot on about one thing which about Ramos leaving to PSG which been reported 5 months ago (link below) and he also stick with it in June and he was the one who reported that Ramos told everyone not to accept salary cut. Guess what? Ramos joined PSG!!

So this guy could be legit. It's on!! Chooo Choooo

I went into Real Madrid reddit history to find out whether Onda Cero has been reliable or no. Some stuffs he mentioned 3-5 years ago are BS like about Morata would join us 4 years ago but this year he's been spot on about one thing which about Ramos leaving to PSG which been reported 5 months ago (link below) and he also stick with it in June and he was the one who reported that Ramos told everyone not to accept salary cut. Guess what? Ramos joined PSG!!

It is of less relevance, but Onda Cero is a Spanish radio station. :D

Solid muppet job in digging that up.

This makes no sense to me considering he's right-footed, he should be fine there as should Maguire. If anything it's good news as we will have two CBs who are comfortable on the left side of the defence without being left-footed. Lindelof and Bailly always look uncomfortable playing on the left side.

It's a trope from the Sancho saga, mate.

John. Fecking. Murtough.

GET ‘ER DONE YOU LEGEND IN THE MAKING!!!

Would be quite something if we could make 2 marquee signings in one summer because has been a long old time since we have managed to do that, thinking maybe 2016 when we got Pogba & Zlatan but then he was an older free agent of course

All the Madrid fans I know seem to believe he's off and that they need to sell a few players this summer for Florentino Perez's restless pursuit of Mbappe

Damn, this is slowly turning me into a believer too... I don't want to though, it's the hope that kills.

Morata coming to us wasn't BS. iirc, he even coloured his hair red or something that he was that confident...but last minute we pulled out as we signed Rom.

Also, I don't know whether it's on this Spanish radio station or another, a guy broke the news that Varane had sold his house after the Chelsea defeat in the CL...he was pretty certain back then that Varane was leaving. This guy is also saying he wants to join us.

Morata coming to us wasn't BS. iirc, he even coloured his hair red or something that he was that confident...but last minute we pulled out as we signed Rom.

Also, I don't know whether it's on this Spanish radio station or another, a guy broke the news that Varane had sold his house after the Chelsea defeat in the CL...he was pretty certain back then that Varane was leaving. This guy is also saying he wants to join us.

It was BS report because he quoted that Morata will fly to Manchester on Monday.

Someone asked Fab on his Twitch channel if he thinks there's a possibility Varane might be using us to get a better contract at Madrid aka getting Ramos'd. He responded he doesn't think so as he believes that goes against the whole point of him changing his agents and also alluded to the fact that Madrid have provided him with a very good proposal he hasn't accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.