Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This smacks of Varane using Utd's name to get a new contract from Real to be honest.

Every time Ramos wanted a new deal the Utd rumours would come out.

Progress... swap "Real Madrid" with "Manchester United"and then "Varane" with "Manchester United"...
I know what it actually meant, I just wanted to believe that someone in the FF finally lost their mind beyond comprehension. There's still time.

Is “getting used for a bumper contract” The Varane thread version of “Big Day Today”? I’m just trying to gage what level of unzip I should be at.

This smacks of Varane using Utd's name to get a new contract from Real to be honest.

Every time Ramos wanted a new deal the Utd rumours would come out.
I don’t think so this time, I think it’s for real! RM are in huge debt, worse than ourselves. They really need the ££££

(Cedena SER) Real Madrid are already in talks with Manchester United for Raphael Varane, as reported by @FabrizioRomano Madrid want to sell so he doesn't leave on a free next year. Either Varane closes it down, or he will leave on a transfer this summer

Tomorrow’s headlines

Varane is ready to move to OT
Terms won’t be a problem, now he waits on Madrid.

Varane is “open” to moving to Manchester and is looking for a new “challenge “ in his career . Feels the PL is “interesting “ next few days could be “crucial”

If it was a Spanish player i'd understand the paranoia. But Varane is of West Indian heritage, and it's reported he wants out for a while now, to experience something new. He doesn't have the same affinity to Madrid like Ramos imo.

If it was a Spanish player i'd understand the paranoia. But Varane is of West Indian heritage, and it's reported he wants out for a while now, to experience something new. He doesn't have the same affinity to Madrid like Ramos imo.

A player at Real Madrid and wanting to try something new is unusual though isn't it? Especially a first choice, in the team every week at their absolute prime player. Historically they just don't tend to want to leave Real Madrid but maybe times are changing, Ronaldo left them after all when he clearly still had years left in the tank

A player at Real Madrid and wanting to try something new is unusual though isn't it? Especially a first choice, in the team every week at their absolute prime player. Historically they just don't tend to want to leave Real Madrid but maybe times are changing, Ronaldo left them after all when he clearly still had years left in the tank

Historically those players were probably happy in the knowledge that money would be spent and they would buy their way to further success. That's definitely no longer the case. Plus the rumours that he's being offered a pay cut to stay their on a new contract changes things.

Comes off the heels of the news of Mbappe reportedly telling PSG he wants to go to Madrid this summer.

Surely they'll need to raise funds expeditiously along with freeing up wage space...

The football landscape is changing and the EPL has never been more attractive.

Comes off the heels of the news of Mbappe reportedly telling PSG he wants to go to Madrid this summer.

Surely they'll need to raise funds expeditiously along with freeing up wage space...

Mbappe > Madrid
Varane > United
Pogba > PSG

everyone gets the shiny new toy they want

Last edited:
  • Either Varane renews or he is sold to Utd
  • Varane will go to Utd or sign a new contract with Madrid
  • Varane has to decide, signs da ting or signs for Utd
  • Varane might leave madrid or stay if he gets improved terms
  • Varane is in no rush, has all the time in the world to make a decison. Renew or try something new in the PL.
Any other way of writing the same information? I'm opening a Twitter account as we speak.

Historically those players were probably happy in the knowledge that money would be spent and they would buy their way to further success. That's definitely no longer the case. Plus the rumours that he's being offered a pay cut to stay their on a new contract changes things.
Key word here is the 'rumors'

I think that there have been a number of centre backs that justify significant salaries and star status (peak Ramos, Ferdinand, Thiago Silva, Van Dijk etc.), but I haven't seen Varane perform at that standard. The salary being suggested is very substantial, and for defence in general I think it's important that the 'unit' is more collective than individual.

I quite like Chelsea's options at the back at the moment, for instance. They have four defenders (Christensen, Zouma, Rudiger, Silva) who are realistically starters and they've just won a major competition on this foundation.
From what you're saying, it sounds like you simply dont rate Varane highly, which is faur enough i guess. I would personally argue that Varane is better than all four of Chelsea's CB's you mentioned.

From what you're saying, it sounds like you simply dont rate Varane highly, which is faur enough i guess. I would personally argue that Varane is better than all four of Chelsea's CB's you mentioned.
Yea Thiago Silva has never been better than him

Madrid have literally no leverage. He's going to start with Maguire the Squire and we will win the league

A big part of Varane coming here would be Pogba imo. Makes it more likely he stays than anything else.

A big part of Varane coming here would be Pogba imo. Makes it more likely he stays than anything else.

His factor is new challenge and that is not to play with Pogba but to play in PL it seems. Come on, what kind of challenge to play with Pogba especially if you are a centre back. :lol:

His factor is new challenge and that is not to play with Pogba but to play in PL it seems. Come on, what kind of challenge to play with Pogba especially if you are a centre back. :lol:
They’ll be pretty good friends I’d imagine. There will be appeal to both of them to team up together at club level.

They’ll be pretty good friends I’d imagine. There will be appeal to both of them to team up together at club level.

I doubt when the report says new challenge means to play with his different friend. His big factor is obviously because we are PL top team and he wants to play in PL team. He could stay in Real Madrid as he had more friends or move to PSG as he also had more friends in there.

First time in my life hearing Varane being a 'pace player' :lol:

His positioning and decision making have always been his main strength, never his speed or physical attributes even though he's not slow at all

he's always been known for his pace because he's one of the fastest centre backs around

Staying at madrid would mean no trophies, joke league and playing in a team where the best attacker is Vinicius jr

Well I like many others was sort of hoping there would be more concrete news on this one way or the other.
I really hope he decides quickly that he wants to move to Utd.
I just have that horrible feeling Madrid will sell someone else and give Varane the wages he wants to stay.

Romano says terms won't be a problem, just about agreeing to a fee with Madrid

Terms won't be a problem if we give him 12mil a year which is all he wants and if PSG offer more I would say he will go there instead.
How much does a player want FFS!

Status
Not open for further replies.