Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting more and more confident on this one now.

Pretty much all major sources are saying he wants to go.

I can't see United walking away at £40m either, it doesn't really matter how long he has left on his contract as signing the player is way more important.

It'll be our best back 4 since Evra, Rio, Vidic, Neville

There may be a hope in the Varane camp that Madrid offer more, however all the credible reporting is suggesting that Madrid aren't willing to match us. All Madrid club reports are that we aren't offering enough as a fee. There's no reporting that Madrid are "preparing a huge counter"

In fact the vast majority of credible reporting really seems to be painting Madrid as pretty open to moving him on.

I understand that he ain't wanna discuss football after a busy month.

Madrid are probably waiting to negotiate a new contract until he has returned to Madrid. Then he will talk to the new manager and get a new proposal.

What if...Varane and Sancho in, Pogba out. That's our summer. Would we be happy with that?
We would have a very weak and uninspiring midfield, that’s for sure. But it could be the reality of course.

Terms won't be a problem if we give him 12mil a year which is all he wants and if PSG offer more I would say he will go there instead.
How much does a player want FFS!
To make him move we are probably talking 10-12 mill net pay.

This smacks of Varane using Utd's name to get a new contract from Real to be honest.

Every time Ramos wanted a new deal the Utd rumours would come out.

When Varane tells me it's pasta on the plate, I check under the sauce to make sure.

The signal we're getting from all the sources have been positive . Hopefully we can get the deal over the line in a week or two , just in time for the preseason games.

There may be a hope in the Varane camp that Madrid offer more, however all the credible reporting is suggesting that Madrid aren't willing to match us. All Madrid club reports are that we aren't offering enough as a fee. There's no reporting that Madrid are "preparing a huge counter"

In fact the vast majority of credible reporting really seems to be painting Madrid as pretty open to moving him on.
The worst case scenario is they meet somewhere in the middle. I'm not buying this new challenge angle, and there is no indication at all to suggest that he is unhappy with madrid.

Bigger signing than Sancho imo. Looks good on red too.
O88EPp7.jpg

The worst case scenario is they meet somewhere in the middle. I'm not buying this new challenge angle, and there is no indication at all to suggest that he is unhappy with madrid.
Apart fron literally every Spanish outlet reporting it for the last 12 months?

Whens his holiday due to end and where is he going to be flying from when it does. I miss tracking planes, getting sick off the word "flag" too

You'd be right if
1. Varane wasn't looking for his last big contract in his late 20s an age where players VERY RARELY compromise on money no matter who they play for look at Alaba
2. A lot of reports in Spain(and Fabrizio) saying he genuinely wants a new challenge
3. If Madrid's financial situation wasn't a notoriously difficult one to navigate through if you've read the latest Athletic article from their Real Madrid correspondent

This one seems closer now, Varane wants to leave, and is willing to join, the club is willing to meet his salary demands, so what remains to be settled is the fee, Madrid do not want to lose on a free but will hold out for the best amount they can get, so just some negotiations and concessions (more up front from United and lesser total for Madrid or the other way around) from both sides will settle this.

How good was Varane last season? Aside from last season where I didn't get to watch him as much as I have in previous seasons, he always looked like a quality defender, good in the air, physically strong and has brilliant pace, something which is key in regards to having a perfect defender to compliment Maguire (Lindelof lacks all these qualities). Oh and he is a winner who has won multiple trophies at both club and international level. If I'm not mistaken he hasn't lost a final he has been involved in?

However, that being said he does seem prone to the odd calamity and not sure how frequent those are? I'm all for signing him as he is a major upgrade on Lindelof and there probably isn't anyone around who is available and better than Varane! If he was playing 10-15 years ago with all the quality defenders there was at the time he probably won't be in the conversation for even the top 10-15 defenders in the world. Nowadays, there isn't so much top quality defenders around and at best Varane would probably be ranked amongst the top 5 defenders in the world?

How good was Varane last season? Aside from last season where I didn't get to watch him as much as I have in previous seasons, he always looked like a quality defender, good in the air, physically strong and has brilliant pace, something which is key in regards to having a perfect defender to compliment Maguire (Lindelof lacks all these qualities). Oh and he is a winner who has won multiple trophies at both club and international level. If I'm not mistaken he hasn't lost a final he has been involved in?

However, that being said he does seem prone to the odd calamity and not sure how frequent those are? I'm all for signing him as he is a major upgrade on Lindelof and there probably isn't anyone around who is available and better than Varane! If he was playing 10-15 years ago with all the quality defenders there was at the time he probably won't be in the conversation for even the top 10-15 defenders in the world. Nowadays, there isn't so much top quality defenders around and at best Varane would probably be ranked amongst the top 5 defenders in the world?

I thought you might be wrong there, but it turns out he was injured during EURO2016. Had a quick peek at France's squad, Christ it was bad.

The primary objective at Madrid for this transfer window is to deal with what the Spanish call “overbooking” — to cut what is currently a 35-man first-team squad down to a manageable size for Ancelotti, and to lessen pressure on the wage bill.

The feeling remains though that both Varane and Madrid would be happy if he could get a new bumper payday in England, and they could bank a transfer fee of around €60 million.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest this is a Ramos situation. Everything is pointing to both parties knowing that a parting of ways is win-win. Can a new contract be 100% ruled out? No. But this is just not the same as Ramos.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest this is a Ramos situation. Everything is pointing to both parties knowing that a parting of ways is win-win. Can a new contract be 100% ruled out? No. But this is just not the same as Ramos.
A lot of red flags in this post.

I guess if you negotiate personal terms with us, you then turn round to Madrid and say this is what you have to match. And it sounds like they can't or won't. And that being the case better if you're Madrid in financial crisis to sell now.

So this is not like Ramos. This is perhaps a micro-event within the slow majestic collapse of the Spanish league's economic infrastructure.

If we sign Varane along with Sancho, i would have a hard time thinking Pogba would leave, unless there are reasons other than just wanting to win things, which with Raiola is certainly possible

Too bad these are coming from unreliable ones aka low tier list. Terrace is just United fans from London and shouldn't be posted here as sources.

I never heard of who this cornago is. He wasn't even mentioned in Real or Barcelona tier list reddit while Diario AS is considered to be tier 4 in Real Madrid reddit.

Too bad these are coming from unreliable ones aka low tier list. Terrace is just United fans from London and shouldn't be posted here as sources.

I never heard of who this cornago is. He wasn't even mentioned in Real or Barcelona tier list reddit while Diario AS is considered to be tier 4 in Real Madrid reddit.
Bit worrying isn’t it? Seeing a lot of red flags.

He's on holiday at the moment. We're not gonna see anything concrete and reliable for a while.

Wow sounds like a done deal
This smacks of Varane using Utd's name to get a new contract from Real to be honest.

Every time Ramos wanted a new deal the Utd rumours would come out.

If we sign Varane along with Sancho, i would have a hard time thinking Pogba would leave, unless there are reasons other than just wanting to win things, which with Raiola is certainly possible
Even with Varane and Sancho, United could very well win nothing. He has more chance of winning things at Juventus/PSG.

This has been almost as bad as the Sancho saga. Everyday Varane is ‘closer to signing’ but Utd hadn’t even contacted Madrid. Getting boring now. If PSG come in, he’ll go there in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.