Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying at madrid would mean no trophies, joke league and playing in a team where the best attacker is Vinicius jr
What exactly does signing for utd do?

I dont think him leaving is necessarily to do with real being mediocre. Why leave for utd then? It's got to be something else

What exactly does signing for utd do?

I dont think him leaving is necessarily to do with real being mediocre. Why leave for utd then? It's got to be something else
He’s been at Real for 9 seasons. Won 3 la Liga’s 4 CL, won a World Cup with France…. Now he must past the final test before he can call himself world class. Can he perform on a cold wet Wednesday night in January in the north of England

What makes Varane so good is that he’s the most two footed centre back of all time.

This opens up the pitch for him when distributing the ball.

Being able to go on both sides, with equal ability on the left or right is why he is so good at getting out of tight spaces.

Most importantly of all though is how he can nick the ball away from attackers like no other defender because he never ever has to tackle with the “wrong foot”. If his left is closer he’ll go with it, if he’s closer with his right he’s just as comfortable using that.
Nearly all other players have to wait for the perfect moment in regards to their timing and body shape as they are more comfortable going in with their stronger side. Regularly a player with commit a foul or be beaten by being forced in to using their awkward less dominant foot to tackle, this puts them out of their comfort zone and means their angles/body shapes are usually off. Varane doesn’t ever have this problem.
I’m 100% certain this will become a highly recognised trait by United fans next season if we manage to sign him.

This steady news flow of "open" to move and "interesting opportunity" smacks of, "I don't really want to move but these feckers aren't offering me what I want".

If you want to move, you move. Especially since Real usually makes things clear for players whether theyre expendable or not

not happening. Which is a pity

Interesting to hear the Talkshite European Football Correspondent really confident this is going to happen

Interesting to hear the Talkshite European Football Correspondent really confident this is going to happen
Talkshite are a terrible source, that’s a major red flag.

New Laurie Whitwell piece says that Varane has told Real Madrid that he wants a new challenge and is willing to join us. However, Real are holding out for significantly more than United are prepared to offer.

Talkshite are a terrible source, that’s a major red flag.

Nah wouldn't worry because it feels like there is much more smoke to this than just them, going to feel like such a long week or so until he returns from his holiday but at least then will finally know if he is genuine about wanting to sign

Will be a massive signing for us and a step closer to the Title. Just need him and Camavinga, and the EPL is coming home!

He’s been at Real for 9 seasons. Won 3 la Liga’s 4 CL, won a World Cup with France…. Now he must past the final test before he can call himself world class. Can he perform on a cold wet Wednesday night in January in the north of England

Depends on the missus too... outfit, pesona etc...

Athletic are a serious source, this is a done deal

This smacks of Varane using Utd's name to get a new contract from Real to be honest.

Every time Ramos wanted a new deal the Utd rumours would come out.

This smacks of Varane using Utd's name to get a new contract from Real to be honest.

Stop seeking attention mate, you been posting this 8 times and everyone been ignoring you :lol:

I also think this is a contract ploy given that this will be his last major contract and a huge pay opportunity, for which I don't blame him at all. Fair play to him if they'd what he's doing and it's up to us not to be foolish.

Though the heart always says that he may actually be looking for a fresh challenge given that he has achieved everything with Madrid and he knows they are in Financial trouble and looking to rebuild. He's won everything there is to win and may want to witness a new league, where there are chances of silverware in the near future.

Ahhhh..., this is excruciating and for now I guess I'll let the logical reasoning part win, wherein he ends up signing an extension with Madrid

I also think this is a contract ploy given that this will be his last major contract and a huge pay opportunity, for which I don't blame him at all. Fair play to him if they'd what he's doing and it's up to us not to be foolish.

Though the heart always says that he may actually be looking for a fresh challenge given that he has achieved everything with Madrid and he knows they are in Financial trouble and looking to rebuild. He's won everything there is to win and may want to witness a new league, where there are chances of silverware in the near future.

Ahhhh..., this is excruciating and for now I guess I'll let the logical reasoning part win, wherein he ends up signing an extension with Madrid
What makes you think it’s a contract ploy?

This steady news flow of "open" to move and "interesting opportunity" smacks of, "I don't really want to move but these feckers aren't offering me what I want".

If you want to move, you move. Especially since Real usually makes things clear for players whether theyre expendable or not

not happening. Which is a pity

Be careful, or the muppets will come down hard on you, accusing you of not reading the tweets which obviously mean 100% done deal. I made the same point and got trolled here whole day yesterday :lol: (all in good fun)

There are differences between this and the Ramos saga that have been pointed out many times already in this thread.

That's not to say Varane won't sign a new deal but I do believe he is entertaining the possibility of move on.

Will this place throw an absolute shit fit if the, in my opinion at this point unlikely happens, and he is in fact diddling us for a new contract at Real? I'll just laugh and move on. It would be a proper diddling and we've seen it many times before. Wouldn't blame the club as it seems we're clearly being reasonably cautious and making it clear we know we've been shafted before.

Or am I being an idiot and of course people will look for any reason to go mad.

This is quite Disturbing, reading this going back two or more pages please stop!!

Will this place throw an absolute shit fit if the, in my opinion at this point unlikely happens, and he is in fact diddling us for a new contract at Real? I'll just laugh and move on. It would be a proper diddling and we've seen it many times before. Wouldn't blame the club as it seems we're clearly being reasonably cautious and making it clear we know we've been shafted before.

Diddling

I won't.

Sometimes people change their minds about a job. It is what it is.

If the possibility exists to get Varane then United have to try. We can't not approach players because they might be using us to get a better deal at their current club.

If it don't work out it don't work out. More important to me than Varane rejecting us is having a top plan B if he does.

I'll be happy either way. At least we'll have helped to heap more financial woe on Madrid and Perez. Win win.

We don't seem to have a plan B anymore. The Kounde and Pau links have dried up. It's Varane or no one now it seems and the club is confident of getting him when we look at the tweets

I also expect a tweet about United looking for other CB alternatives soon just to push Madrid even more and closer to the terms we want, so don't panic when we see that

Status
Not open for further replies.