Not open for further replies.
We need to move to a more modern system, please see my formation below:

_____________Henderson
____Lindelof__Varane__Maguire
Trippier______________________Shaw
_________Tielemans__Pogba
___Greenwood__________Sancho
______________Rashford

Is the “modern” bit where you play a player you don’t own?

Not really. If player has desired characteristic x that will disappear in three years time, he's a worse buy than a player that has desired characteristic y that won't disappear. The fact Varane and Rio had both x and y doesn't really alter that basic maths. Hence you'd buy 25 year old Rio for more than 32 year old Rio.

Clearly he's a good player though right now. Would be ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

Not sure this proves much as he'd say this either way. He's not exactly going to say 'don't worry it's a massive Ramos inspired bluff by my agent.'
Anyway I hope we get him.

We are not buying 32 years old Varane though. We are buying 28 years old Varane means he has 5-6 years to offer because Rio who also has pace in his prime could still play regularly for us until he was 34 or 35 years old.

Is the “modern” bit where you play a player you don’t own?
We must sign a midfielder competent in possession.

Sorry, but I will sooner play with 10 men than see Fred or McTominay in the starting 11 again.

We are not buying 32 years old Varane though. We are buying 28 years old Varane

We're buying both if he stays that long. That's why older players are worth less. I don't think this a controversial point.

And you're happy to just drop Bruno?
Yes, his performances since January have been abysmal.

He is a hindrance to possession football if Ole continues to give him a free role in the team. If he can prove himself to play a more disciplined role, than he can go back into the team as rotation option as one of the front three.

Genuine question; what are your reservations about Varane specifically? I don't really understand why so many people are so nervous about one of the best defenders from the last five years joining us in the prime of his career.
Who do you think would be better than?

Varane is a WC defender who so far showed no signs of regression. He won it all and would be an immense upgrade to what we have. And he would compliment Maguire quite nicely imo

I think that there have been a number of centre backs that justify significant salaries and star status (peak Ramos, Ferdinand, Thiago Silva, Van Dijk etc.), but I haven't seen Varane perform at that standard. The salary being suggested is very substantial, and for defence in general I think it's important that the 'unit' is more collective than individual.

I quite like Chelsea's options at the back at the moment, for instance. They have four defenders (Christensen, Zouma, Rudiger, Silva) who are realistically starters and they've just won a major competition on this foundation.

He is a hindrance to possession football if Ole continues to give him a free role in the team. If he can prove himself to play a more disciplined role, than he can go back into the team as rotation option as one of the front three.
Who promoted this guy?

Also, why is possession based football that big a deal?

Sorry, but I will sooner play with 10 men than see Fred or McTominay in the starting 11 again.

That would truly be a modern never been seen before system.

We're buying both if he stays that long. That's why older players are worth less. I don't think this a controversial point.

We are not buying Varane in 4 years mate, we are buying him now as 5-6 years investment.

I think you need to put down the drink and go home

I think we can safely say this is actually happening instead of the cliche of Sergio Ramos Part 2 that’s been put out everyday like it is brand new information

I think we can safely say this is actually happening instead of the cliche of Sergio Ramos Part 2 that’s been put out everyday like it is brand new information
What’s this about?

Sounds like he’s trying to blag a new deal out of Madrid. Lot of red flags in that tweet.
Tomorrow’s a big day - don’t go ruining it with you negative fecking attitude

Mate really? I mean really? You would rather play with 10 men than 11 even if that includes Scott or Fred? :wenger:

I don't for a second think he's haggling for a new deal personally. Just doesn't feel like that type of situation.

But serious Fab, stop reading the the forum :lol:

Mate stop your wumming, really! :lol:
I’m just preempting the numnuts that keep on with this nonsense despite everything pointing to the contrary.

I’m just preempting the numnuts that keep on with this nonsense despite everything pointing to the contrary.

Sounds like you're trying to keep calm in case he does sign a new contract with Madrid. Lot of red flags in that post.

So it could mean personal terms are agreed with the player and United are now back in direct contact with Madrid to negotiate a price. The earlier tweet by MEN about Varane happy to run down his contract and join United next year is complete nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.