Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are winning Champions League next year with "Champions League Varane" coming.

Don't think Madrid hates us. We sold them Ronaldo for only 80 fecking million! They just want more money or near to the value they want for Varane and both clubs will shake hands
Give me a reason why they hate us

super league can’t be one as it isn’t valid .
Are you guys forgetting the whole De gea saga? We were cool before then.

If we sign him, someone is leaving, right? Only makes logical sense. And I don't mean Phil Jones. I assume Bailly will leave and Lindelöf becomes 2nd choice?

If we sign him, someone is leaving, right? Only makes logical sense. And I don't mean Phil Jones. I assume Bailly will leave and Lindelöf becomes 2nd choice?

Not necessarily. There's talk of Axel going out on loan. Jones will probably never be fit again so Varane and Maguire as first choice and Bailly and Lindelof as back-ups.

Not sure I'm massively into signing a big name and big salary centre back. We're onto something good with Maguire and need another option to partner him with, but I'm not wholly convinced by Varane.

Finally an upgrade on Lindelöf. Hopefully Varane is going to be in top form for us.

I would have preferred a younger CB with something to prove, but a hopefully hungry and motivated Varane is a huge upgrade on Lindelöf.

Not sure I'm massively into signing a big name and big salary centre back. We're onto something good with Maguire and need another option to partner him with, but I'm not wholly convinced by Varane.

I dont understand your logic. We should sign a meh defender so maguire can still be the main man, and thats the best strategy to make us more competitive? :wenger:

Don't know what's the issue about his age. He's 28 and in his prime now. I would love a 28 year old Stam or Vidic now!
I don’t think people are concerned over the age 28. But many who have followed him over the years, myself included, fear that he is on the wrong side of his peak. If that is the truth, he might not be the player that transforms the team in to title winners, and may not be worth 3-400 k per week over 5 years. It’s a valid and reasonable concern for any player that comes with a high salary, especially with Sanchez in mind.

As realio as done dealio, my bro.

I mean Trippier Varane Maguire Shaw is a pretty world class defence if it happened. But Varane is exactly the kind of player Woodward has always blocked the purchase of so it would be a notable change of policy to get someone for a big fee with no resale value.

I mean Trippier Varane Maguire Shaw is a pretty world class defence if it happened. But Varane is exactly the kind of player Woodward has always blocked the purchase of so it would be a notable change of policy to get someone for a big fee with no resale value.

Where's the white text?

lTS-u1Iu_400x400.jpg

I'm just waiting for that confirmation.

Honestly, Varane would be unreal. IMO bigger than Sancho.

:lol:

Genuine question; what are your reservations about Varane specifically? I don't really understand why so many people are so nervous about one of the best defenders from the last five years joining us in the prime of his career.

lTS-u1Iu_400x400.jpg

I'm just waiting for that confirmation.

Honestly, Varane would be unreal. IMO bigger than Sancho.

I agree a top CB was my muppet fantasy for the summer so hope this happens though I still feel Madrid will cough up and he'll stay but hopefully I'm wrong

Who do you think would be better than?

Varane is a WC defender who so far showed no signs of regression. He won it all and would be an immense upgrade to what we have. And he would compliment Maguire quite nicely imo

Simple question on Varane, is he better than what we have got at the moment? Yes is my answer. We should be always looking to improve on what we have got.

Varane has been playing top level football for a long time. At 28, I think he still has 5-6 years to play at the highest level. We can probably what kind of player is he by talking to French team mates or club mates. If there is a hint of getting his last pay check then we should not sign. As long as he is very much motivated then 100% that we should sign him.

Sky sports news saying we are up against PSG for this, that’s the first I have heard of their interest

That’ll be Real using PSG as a tactic to make us pay what they’re asking or Varane’s representatives using PSG to make us pay the wants he wants, PSG have just signed Ramos whilst also having Marquinhos and Kimpembe and it’s widely known they want a midfielder next then sort out Mbappe’s contract situation.

What? Woodward absolutely loves Varane and tried to buy him for £100m in 2018. Real Madrid said he was not for sale.

The only sources Luckhurst has are stored in the back of his condiment cupboard
For United news he usually get it correct. He is usually dismissing most of the report hence he isnt liked by Transfer Muppets at all

Status
Not open for further replies.