Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bunch of this news is getting rehashed, but we should see more activity this week as players report back for pre-season. We won't get anything today or tomorrow, but by this Sunday, we should have a major development.

If we can get this guy AND a CDM i'd be confident we could do something next season. Exciting squad on our hands

Ronaldo 40 in 4 years what's your point? He will provide a good service for a few years. Obviously prefer someone younger but isn't always possible.
My point is, he is now probably at his best, and we need to win now or as soon as possible, we don't need more youngsters or half developed CBs. If anything, CBs should almost always be the most experienced players in the team, because of the importance they have.
Just look at Italy.

Age is certainly not a problem, just look at the team who have won the Euro Championship.
Most defenders seem to peak in late twenties, early thirties, so if (big if) Varane did sign for us, I would envisage a three year contract, with a possible fourth year.
The main problem (other than using United's name to get a bigger and better contract at RM), would be whether Varane is still hungry enough to push himself every game.

Would form an absolutely monstrous partnership with Maguire. We hired a set piece coach too

So there's been reports from Spain, France and now the UK confirming that he'd be keen on joining and that the club is actively trying to make it happen...

Would've thought there'd be a hint of positivity in here :lol:
Yeah this thread has gone proper weird, maybe it’s all the misery after last nights result?

I don't think its gone weird at all :lol: nothings changed for a little bit, we're all positive and believe it'll happen, but there's been nothing to really get all :drool: over for a good few days at least.

You can’t win on here, we can’t win trophies because our squad isn’t good enough but then when we are linked with better players we should feel sorry for them . My heart bleeds

Reminds me of that league 1 or 2 manager about 10-15 years ago whose half-time pep-talk was that the players had to win this game so the club could afford to buy better players :)

This will happen, I have no doubt. Varane will play for Manchester United next season.

This will happen, I have no doubt. Varane will play for Manchester United next season.
Ooh, that confidence is telling. I still have my doubts, mind you, but the fact that we're seriously in for this gives me a bit of hope.

My point is, he is now probably at his best, and we need to win now or as soon as possible, we don't need more youngsters or half developed CBs. If anything, CBs should almost always be the most experienced players in the team, because of the importance they have.
Just look at Italy.
I'm confused. You stated you didn't want him because of his age and yet your saying he's at his best and we need to win now (( which I agree we need to win now))

So you want him now. ?

better keep it in your pants as otherwise you'll be holding it for quite a long time

I'm confused. You stated you didn't want him because of his age and yet your saying he's at his best and we need to win now (( which I agree we need to win now))

So you want him now. ?
Yeah, sorry, it was sarcasm.
It's harder to get it from a written post.

Sky sports news saying we are up against PSG for this, that’s the first I have heard of their interest

NachitoTV is exactly the kind of source we need.

I chose to believe him more than Fjörtoft

Status
Not open for further replies.