Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Look at us getting our shit together nice and early. I know we have been given the green light to discuss terms but surely thats already been agreed because there's no point negotiating with Madrid if Varane isn't at least somewhat open to what we're offering.

When is he back from holiday, we need the plane trackers back out.

Cannot believe we're doing our business this efficiently. Should fans invade Old Trafford before every window?

Would have liked it more if it came from Simon Stone, Paul Hirst or Mohammed Bohaufsi, but since SSN‘s track record is sketchy, I’m currently taking it with a grain of salt.

OMG don't do this to me only to fail... let's give em what they want and get the partner we need for Maguire.

This is a must. Then onto a DM and keep Pogba - yeah I said it keep Pogba :wenger:

Romano says terms won't be a problem, just about agreeing to a fee with Madrid

Feel a bit sorry for Lindelof if we sign him because he’s better than a lot give him credit for.
Ole like them pretty boys so Lindelof will still be in the squad.

Romano says terms won't be a problem, just about agreeing to a fee with Madrid

A permission to approach Varane and all Ed's going to do is whispering "Done dealio" to his ears.

Feel a bit sorry for Lindelof if we sign him because he’s better than a lot give him credit for.
He will be a solid sub.

That's not me having a dig at him, I agree he's better than some give him credit for, but Maguire is better and the latter needs a CB partner with Varane's attributes to bring the best out of him.

This is a huge signing if we get it over the line, a cb with this kind of pedigree doesn’t become available very often.

Not a lot of action in this thread considering the apparent movement today. Perhaps not many put much value on sky sports?

Or is everybody still moping about last nights England result? C'mon fella's signing Varane is more important than poxy England! :)

Sky gave the exact same line a week ago (about getting permission from Madrid to talk to Varane).

We need to sign Varane to partner Maguire but we also need to sign Varane to allow Maguire to take a break during the course of the season. Varane would keep that level of maturity and authority back there when Maguire takes a break. It wouldn't be fking Lindelof and the nut job Bailly.

Lindelof will be an excellent defender for Everton/Lyon/Villarreal

Think he'll be really good in any league that's not as direct as England. On the ground he's a pretty solid defender (1v1, positioning, ball playing, passing etc.)

The set piece thing is a bit overdone, you can't really blame all the goals we've given away last year on one player.

I just hope when Ed approaches him he doesn't take this 'cocks out' phrase too literally. He might scare him off.

I think it was ESPN sources last week that said United were close to the Varane deal, by Alex Shaw and another journo which i forgot his name. Was it Ogden? Obviously the source was a fake as it was never close

Status
Not open for further replies.