Ranieri sacked as Leicester City manager

I rarely say this about clubs but I hope they go down now after that. Disgraceful way of treating Ranieri after all he achieved for them, those players are a joke.

That's their problem. He mastermind a cull.
They played above themselves last year
Definitely, but the higher ups within the club need to do something right now. They can purge these nasty bastards at the end of the season if they're still shit, but at this point, with relegation potentially looming, it's easier to bin Ranieri and hope the squad respond well enough to a new manager, than to give him more time with a side that wants nothing to do with him.

I had the misfortune of reading about this on Goal.com. The story about Ranieri was immediately followed by 'What Honey Boo Boo looks like today is jaw dropping'. Twats.

Who are Leicester exactly? Know one knew they even existed until he put them on the map last season. Those players literally owe him their Premier League medals.
It doesn't mean Leicester should go down with the ship. Last season was as much of a freak for Claudio as it was for Leicester.
Would Ranieri even stay if they got relegated? He has to take his fair share of the blame for this mess

Disgusting. I hope they win their next game then lose the rest.

Loads of rumours of players not wanting to play for him. I read that they're a bit upset he got more praise than they did, which is bizarre really.
So baffling. These rumours have gone on a while too.

For arguments sake, whats better?

1. Leicester get relegated with Ranieri. Build a new team in the Championship and come back up the following season with renewed spirit and some new players.

2. Leicester sack Ranieri. Hire a new manager at a difficult time of year when only managers without a job are available or stick an interim manager in to see out the season. Stay in the Premier League and spend the next few seasons sacking a manager every year and doing a Sunderland year in year out.

Relegation isn't the worst thing that could happen to Leicester. Not being relevant any more is far worse.

It's probably the right decision, even if the timing is odd, and he arguably could have gone sooner.

It's absolutely brutal though.

1. Leicester get relegated with Ranieri. Build a new team in the Championship and come back up the following season with renewed spirit and some new players.

2. Leicester sack Ranieri. Hire a new manager at a difficult time of year when only managers without a job are available or stick an interim manager in to see out the season. Stay in the Premier League and spend the next few seasons sacking a manager every year and doing a Sunderland year in year out.

Relegation isn't the worst thing that could happen to Leicester. Not being relevant any more is far worse.
Point one turns Leicester into point 2 anyway?
People said the same thing of Villa yet there's a real danger they could fall down the divisions themselves.

Victim of his own success? If this season had happened last year we'd all have been surprised about him keeping them out of the bottom 3 for so long imo. Have to remember what people's expectations were in summer 2015

Utterly disgraceful and will certainly take something away from what was an absolutely fantastic achievement and the nostalgia in years to come.

Definitely, but the higher ups within the club need to do something right now. They can purge these nasty bastards at the end of the season if they're still shit, but at this point, with relegation potentially looming, it's easier to bin Ranieri and hope the squad respond well enough to a new manager, than to give him more time with a side that wants nothing to do with him.

It's still fecking well fecking Dick

The thing is, the team is made of dross and they are exactly where they are supposed to be. The title made them forget that.

they must have an immediate replacement lined up to sack him at this stage. I guess they have looked at Swansea and Hull and seen the difference changing the manager has had. I haven't a clue who they'd go for though. The premier league survival is in their own hands, they've a punchers chance still in the CL.Job could be a good cv boost for someone

they must have an immediate replacement lined up to sack him at this stage. I guess they have looked at Swansea and Hull and seen the difference changing the manager has had. I haven't a clue who they'd go for though. The premier league survival is in their own hands, they've a punchers chance still in the CL.Job could be a good cv boost for someone
This. It looks like they've seen what the rivals are doing and hit the panic button.

I've seen Spanish clubs keeping their manager even until they got relegated just because he got them up from segunda to primera. And we aren't know as a patient country for coaches. The English case is just maddening and this very instance just appalling

This. It looks like they've seen what the rivals are doing and hit the panic button.
They might do better to look at Crystal Palace and see how hard it is to get a bunch of overpaid egos playing well when they can't be bothered.

"They are a company with no respect for their employees acting fickle in making decisions. An example of this was the shocking dismissal of Leicester City Football Club manager Claudio Ranieri who after helping gain the club's first league title was then sacked less than a year later by the owners. [4]" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Power
:lol:

Ranieri's biggest mistake at Leicester was over achieving...
The board must really think they are a top 6 club.

Last season was a freak, and he's now paid the price for it.
I hope they go down

How do you know that they won't get relegated under a new manager?

The weird thing is that last season, everybody was talking about Vardy and Mahrez. If they leave, then LCFC will fall apart. But nobody picked up on the work which Kante does.
Last season, Kante was in the title winning side, while Chelsea finished in mid table.
This season, Kante moved to Chelsea, who are now top of the league. Meanwhile his old team are in a relegation battle.

Like I say, the stakes are too high - you can't simply cross your fingers and hope for the best.

The players aren't working for Ranieri. They haven't been for a while. They're sinking like a stone.

The result against Sevilla was more encouraging, but there is nothing to suggest there will be an upturn in form in the league.

That's assuming Ranieri could build a new team and make them competitive again. He didn't buy well in the summer.

To be honest, this might actually be a blessing in disguise for Ranieri.

They looked a big possibility going down, but the reaction on here and in most places is the decision was a bad one.

If they go down now, it will be viewed as not Ranieri's fault.

Like I say, the stakes are too high - you can't simply cross your fingers and hope for the best.

The players aren't working for Ranieri. They haven't been for a while. They're sinking like a stone.

The result against Sevilla was more encouraging, but there is nothing to suggest there will be an upturn in form in the league.

What type of upturn do you expect? Look at their roster, they lost the only good player they had and also think about the expectations in August 2015. If anything Ranieri should have left the club because he is far better than that lot.