Ranieri sacked as Leicester City manager

They're going to be relegated either way. They should have stuck with him and let him rebuild the team in the summer. If they were going to sack him they should have done before Xmas.

Amazing that the last 3 managers to win the PL title have ended up getting fired the next season.

This is absolutely insane and disgraceful:( This football world is nuts!

I do hope they go down now. But the players will probably all of a sudden play a blinder to resurrect their poor performance. Totally ridiculous!

Feel totally sickened by this and the Leicester players should be ashamed for their disgusting lack of effort this season.I can only hope Ranieri is remembered for his achievements last years as a great man and manager and the players remembered as egotistical cowardly scumbags

Was an amazing story last season and noone could begrudge their success but they have completely soured it now and i cant wish any of those players well bar perhaps Schmeichel.

Sometimes football just kicks you right in the balls

Strange timing but yeah...he's utterly bombed this year. Not that mad.

It had to be done as the players stopped playing for him.

However the Leicester players and their flashy BMW's are an absolute disgrace and I hope they are relegated.

Won the league with him last year, dont want to play for him this year.

I hope they'll get relegated.

Not being funny but any Premier League manager would be under intense pressure if their team hadn't won (or even worse, scored) in the league for nearly two months. Factor in how much they spent in the summer, some of the trash players they've spent it on and the tactical naivety Ranieri has demonstrated this season and they were left with little choice.

I don't understand how it's 'obvious' they're going down. There's 13 games left of the season and they're probably now playing at their natural level but are in bad form. There are certainly 3 worse teams in the Premier League than Leicester this season, they literally need 3 or 4 more wins to be safe. Sacking their manager now is just asking for trouble.
Hull and Swansea have improved a lot under their new managers. Swansea just beat them easily in the last game 2-0.

5 losses in a row for Leicester without a goal scored. Worst form in the league. Saying they only need 3 or 4 wins to be safe doesn't mean much when they have 1 win in 10!

Stunned by this news. Gutted for Ranieri, Leicester are fools.

Leciester realistically are about where the should be. With the exception Mahrez, Schmeichel and maybe Gray that squad should be playing for a team battling relegation.

What Ranieri did last year was nothing short of sensational, they've just kinda shitting on their own legacy.
Agree with that. It's a cruel example of reversion to the mean, I really don't think much would be different with any other manager. The players think they're title winners that are above battling relegation.

Loads of rumours of players not wanting to play for him. I read that they're a bit upset he got more praise than they did, which is bizarre really.
That wouldn't surprise me. The attitude of the Leicester players this season has been disgraceful.

I think making the change with the situation is right. He's achieved the most unbelievable sporting upset but you can't stand still and risk going backwards for sentiments sake. He couldn't get this group of players to respond and that really is the end for any manager. Blame should go to the players no question about it - but the owners gave the manager a long enough rope and things haven't improved.

He is the victim of his own success.

It's the Giggsy effect. First he says there're this disproportion between British and foreign managers, the next day Ranieri is sacked. It's began.

As soon as you get the dreaded vote of confidence from the chairman/board, you might as well start clearing your desk.
Hope Vardy and co are pleased with themselves.

I'm not usually the sentimental type when it comes to football, but this is dreadful.

He should have been given the season regardless of how bad, after his achievements last season.

Relegation isn't the end of the world, and after winning the league any Leicester fan should have been happy to accept whatever came their way for probably the next three seasons.

That wouldn't surprise me. The attitude of the Leicester players this season has been disgraceful.

Yeah, I think it makes sense when you watch them play. There's a Leicester fan on here who was saying Peter Schmeichel has been slagging off Ranieri all season too

it's sad and the players are a disgrace but Ranieri isn't bigger than Leicester. Staying up is more important than Claudio living off the glory from last season
Who are Leicester exactly? No one knew they even existed until he put them on the map last season. Those players literally owe him their Premier League medals.

That's the one time where the players deserve to be sacked.

They have had a Premier League hangover since last season. Not being able to move on from that triumph and the players dont really look like they care anymore.

Someone had to go it's just unfortunate it was Ranieri

It's kinda merciful in a way, his honour is still in tact and he won't be the manager of a relegated team and Leicester might still have a chance of survival with a new manager that gets the players playing again.