Ranieri sacked as Leicester City manager

Leicester should be bombed into the Stone Age for what they've done to a bloke I've never met. To sack him while he was on the toilet during the bus parade is shameful, especially the bit about passing him a note under the door. I'm going to care a lot about this until I next get distracted by a Trump tweet. I hope Lester is regulated - those players aren't fit to wear my skirt.
:lol::lol:
take a bow my friend that was great

Pretty much this. Jose was never a friend of Ranieri. Quite the contrary actually.

I think people over estimate what footballers and football managers think of each other. I'm sure they weren't best friends but I doubt they hate each other or anything. They made a few remarks at each other but it's their job. Plenty of people slag off colleagues or fellow employees doesn't mean they hate them all it's just heat of the moment stuff.

What's pathetic about that?

Pathetic is a bit OTT I agree but I can see why people would find it cringing. He's lost his job and it's a shame but look at someone like Gundogan who has had horrible injury look and got injured for the season again. City players paid a tribute to him (albeit again it was cringing) and were slated for it.

exactly the players he picked had been shite for 6 months and he wouldn't drop them, he can only have himself to blame to that extent

had we finished 17th last season and played like we have this season he wouldn't have lasted past Octerber

I'm not sure I'd agree. His objective last season was clearly to keep you in the Premier League and had he achieved that he'd have been kept on. It was similar to Van Gaal in his first season at United, he was hopeless and we were awful but he achieved 4th and was kept on.

But I agree his loyalty was the reason for his demise. There's at least 5 players that have been consistently hopeless, but he gave them far too long to rediscover last seasons form. It's clear the whole team couldn't get motivated after last year and he should have addressed that on January 1st by replacing all of them. None of those players will be loyal to Leicester if they're in the Championship next season so why should Leicester be loyal to them.

Finally someone with a bit of guts took the decision. The guy had it coming and was going nowhere with the squad.

Typical small club mentality. They didn't have a clue what to do next. A club like United would probably be planning for the next season during the run in. Leicester thought they had all the time in the world to fix things. Ridiculous approach not even being bothered by the results. They were happy with top 10. Now they're going down mohahahahahahahah

I'm not sure I'd agree. His objective last season was clearly to keep you in the Premier League and had he achieved that he'd have been kept on. It was similar to Van Gaal in his first season at United, he was hopeless and we were awful but he achieved 4th and was kept on.

But I agree his loyalty was the reason for his demise. There's at least 5 players that have been consistently hopeless, but he gave them far too long to rediscover last seasons form. It's clear the whole team couldn't get motivated after last year and he should have addressed that on January 1st by replacing all of them. None of those players will be loyal to Leicester if they're in the Championship next season so why should Leicester be loyal to them.
I don't get emotionally attached to players or managers anymore and haven't since the day Muzzy Izzet's contract expired and he left the club, obviously I like some players more than others but then they leave I just shrug, I said last summer we needed to be ruthless, there was no reason to extend Wes Morgans contract for example, just bump up his wage on his current deal, we are now stuck with him for years when he isn't up to it

Finally someone with a bit of guts took the decision. The guy had it coming and was going nowhere with the squad.

Typical small club mentality. They didn't have a clue what to do next. A club like United would probably be planning for the next season during the run in. Leicester thought they had all the time in the world to fix things. Ridiculous approach not even being bothered by the results. They were happy with top 10. Now they're going down mohahahahahahahah

Well aren't you just full of the joy, passion and spirit of football.

I don't get emotionally attached to players or managers anymore and haven't since the day Muzzy Izzet's contract expired and he left the club, obviously I like some players more than others but then they leave I just shrug, I said last summer we needed to be ruthless, there was no reason to extend Wes Morgans contract for example, just bump up his wage on his current deal, we are now stuck with him for years when he isn't up to it

I'm not dissimilar. We've had the same shit with Rooney - Moyes making him the third best paid player in the world for yesterdays achievements.

In terms of Ranieri I find it a shame more than anything else. Getting screwed over by being loyal to players who clearly weren't returning the favour by putting in their all on the pitch is pretty saddening.

If I were Ranieri I'd have retired in the Summer in truth - I'm sure the club would have given him a golden handshake and the players wouldn't have been in the same cushy and unmotivated position.

By the way I feel it's important to say this, Claudio Ranieri is still universally LOVED by fans, some of us just felt it was time for a new manager, the man deserves a statue and the ground naming after him and he would never have to buy a drink in the city again so long as he draws breath.

a few days ago I wanted Leicester to stay in the P.L - now I really want them down!

according to someone with a decent source Ranieri had sidelined Craig Shakespear and Mike Stowell, key members of the coaching staff, reduced to role of the sports science team, sacked the psychologist that all the players used and were close to, changed the dietary staff and increased the intensity and volume of training against the advice of all the coaching team
What was the reason behind sacking the psychologist?

Everything else just sounds like Ranieri trying to push the players to the next level. I doubt he would have had them do training at a higher intensity than other top clubs.

Well aren't you just full of the joy, passion and spirit of football.
Well actually,he is. His post embodies the passion and spirit of the current game. Folks will take enormous pleasure in his failure and sacking and there's the joy.

Not everyone revelled in Leicesters success, whatever the reason

Everything else just sounds like Ranieri trying to push the players to the next level. I doubt he would have had them do training at a higher intensity than other top clubs.
perhaps he didn't belive they needed him, given the style of play we had and how physical it was, without a major overhaul of the squad you don't change the style of play or increase the intensity of training when the medical team advise against it, look at the injury record this season compared to last...

It was psychological

Laughable that people think his sacking makes sense because they're facing relegation. Leicester are relegation fodder to begin with, it makes sense for them to be fearing for their spot in the PL.

What doesn't make sense is them becoming bloody CHAMPIONS, which they have Ranieri to thank for. To sack the man who made your irrelevant relegation side lift a championship trophy is just mental.

I get the whys of the sacking, player revolt and all that, had they not sacked him Leicester was definitely going down. But not how it ever got to that point to begin with. These players should be deifying the man and letting him shag their wives every Tuesday, not revolting against him. They deserve League 2 for that alone.

Dearly hoping they get relegated.

C5cjw_RWUAA3CIP.jpg

It just shows though, these owners aren't in the football for trophies. They are hear to take the PL spending money and make a profit, clean the cash. If they aren't in the PL that's much harder. They value that more than winning.

On one hand I really hope they get relegated. On the other, they have to play Liverpool, Arsenal, City and Spurs...

It was a good decision, if Ranieri stayed Leicester would have gotten relegated. Their form reminded me of Aston villa last season, where the players were not even arsed to perform anymore. Now dependent on who they replace him with they have a shot to stay up.

Ranieri did not make the right changes last summer to keep the team fresh, motivated and competitive. When we played them in the community shield, I notice that the core of their team in particular their midfield pairing and defensive pairing did not change. When I saw Drinkwater and king ahead of Morgan and Huth....all I could do was laugh then because I knew they would struggle with a core like that this season. Yet some still predicted they will finish in the top 7 which was laughable to me.

Far too much sentiment about this. Leicester have been absolutely pathetic this season and a change was needed to boost their survival chances. Both Hull and Swansea have looked better outfits since replacing their managers and now have a chance of survival.

I enjoyed the fairytale as much as anyone last season but really, this hasn't come as a shock whatsoever. They are one point outside the relegation zone and have looked hopeless all season bar that one game against City.

Strange timing, after a better than expected result in Seville, but not so much of a surprise really. No use having a decent run in the CL and being relegated. They will need someone to come in and really shake things up to prevent their slide into the Championship.

Laughable that people think his sacking makes sense because they're facing relegation. Leicester are relegation fodder to begin with, it makes sense for them to be fearing for their spot in the PL.

What doesn't make sense is them becoming bloody CHAMPIONS, which they have Ranieri to thank for. To sack the man who made your irrelevant relegation side lift a championship trophy is just mental.

I get the whys of the sacking, player revolt and all that, had they not sacked him Leicester was definitely going down. But not how it ever got to that point to begin with. These players should be deifying the man and letting him shag their wives every Tuesday, not revolting against him. They deserve League 2 for that alone.

Precisely. And he might have kept them up too.

They deserved to win, but even you have to admit the chances of a similar story happening again any time soon is slim. It was probably a once in a lifetime type achievement. so yeah it was sort of a fluke.

A bit like the US Men's Hockey team winning the Gold Medal at the 1980 Olympics. Great achievement but a bit of a fluke.

In the sense of the achievement being a slim chance, it is a fluke. In the sense of the achievement having nothing to do with their ability or skill, it is not a fluke. Most people refer to the latter when calling something a fluke, and if that was not your intent, then I agree.

Definitely at least deserves a chance to stay until end of the season after what he has done to the club last season. Still has more times to turn things around.

Also, what this bloke said.

Far too much sentiment about this. Leicester have been absolutely pathetic this season and a change was needed to boost their survival chances. Both Hull and Swansea have looked better outfits since replacing their managers and now have a chance of survival.

I enjoyed the fairytale as much as anyone last season but really, this hasn't come as a shock whatsoever. They are one point outside the relegation zone and have looked hopeless all season bar that one game against City.

I would have agreed with this had it been any of the top 7 sides, but Ranieri led them to their greatest achievement in their history, and will possibly remain the only major title we'd see them lift in our lifetime as well. He gave football hope and magic. To sack such a gentleman who made their team relevant and their name famous worldwide deserves much much more.

Why are people surprised where Leicester are? This is not Manchester United or Chelsea. Last season this squad were predicted relegation candidates like the season before. It was a freak season where all the other big teams had their problems and sat there waiting for Leicester to falter. They didn't. It was never going to be sustainable and this outcome was a distinct possibility. They have just returned to their norm, last season was not the norm. Apart from a couple of players, the rest are relegation fodder, except they think they are perennial champions. The players think because they won the league that they no longer have to fight for points and have been too busy basking in their glory.

The players have probably just lost the hunger which isn't too surprising I suppose rather than all the conspiracy theories being floated around. Many of them probably never dreamt of winning the title so to actually win the damn thing they probably relaxed a but. It's a natural impulse. Goes to show even more what a genius Fergie was being able to motivate himself and his players year in year out.