Ranieri sacked as Leicester City manager

Sacking is coming at a bad time.
It would be so Liverpool, so typical Liverpool if we drop points. In fact I might actually put a bet on it. I would not be surprised in the slightest

"Leicester seem revitalised after Raneiri's sacking, they're playing with a lot more freedom and energy."
Leicester go in at Halftime 1-1, having previously trailed 1-0.
Second half they come out and score the winner around the 70th minute.

Would be just our luck, every other team gets to play the shit Leicester.
We get some jooped up version. :mad:
FFS show some balls the entire football world will be willing you on.

Sack him without giving him an off-season to replace Kante and fix what's broken?

The deserve relegation.

He tried to replace and reinforce in the summer and broadly failed.

I really like Ranieri but if it's obvious hel lead the club to relegation and the players stop playing for him, the owners are left with no other choice.

Disgusting sacking. At least let the guy play out the champions league which he managed to qualify for.

Going against the grain here but should have been sacked earlier to give Leicester a better chance of survival as he probably wasn't willing to do the right thing and resign.
I applaud the owners because it was an extremely difficult situation to make because he left them with no choice. Either get relegated or have a chance to remain in the premiership. One thing I will say is the timing is odd but very likely they want to drop out of champions league to focus on premiership survival.

Just because he won the premiership it doesn't give him the right to do whatever he wants with Leicester which was to let them tumble into the championship if he was to remain.

There were no signs of improvement in performances or results that he could turn it around so he should have done the right thing and stepped down to give Leicester a chance of survival. But he didn't want to or was adamant that he could survive relegation since he won the premiership against greater odds.

It was one hell of a fluke season and he will end up in mediocrity once again but he will be forever remembered the world over as the miracle man who won the premiership title against all odds with a team called Leicester.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akshay
Will be interesting to see/hear the crowd reaction on Monday.

My ex who's been a st ticket holder for god knows how long is seriously fecked off, gobsmacked is an understatement, she sent me an email which was barely intelligible so I'm guessing they're gonna be some aggro :lol::lol:

Schmeichel almost definitely as well

"I would like to thank Claudio for everything he's done for Leicester City Football Club, and for me personally.
He deserves massive respect and huge credit for what he achieved here with us.

Thanks boss."

Last edited:
Leicester will never achieve to the same extent as last season. Ranieri will definitely be picked up by another club.

Been coming for a long time. Interesting timing though right after a decent result at Seville.

At the end of the day though, CL is nice and all but the main thing is avoiding relegation. Maybe he is not the best manager for that kind of challenge.

He is more than capable enough for that kind of challange. He saved Parma from relegation with only loanee players like young G Rossi.

"I would like to thank Claudio for everything he's done for Leicester City Football Club, and for me personally.
He deserves massive respect and huge credit for what he achieved here with us.

Thanks boss."

Fair play to Kasper. Apparantely, I've been hearing stories that he is one of the ring-leaders, but he doesn't seem like the kind. Have any other players come out with to thank Claudio? I've not heard anything from Vardy, Mahrez etc.

The board only needed to answer one question, did they think he would keep them up? The answer is obviously no
Why?

Was that the same questions to Nigel Pearson 2 years ago?

They were survived although Pearson was sacked at the end of the season. The players wasn't giving up though, the board should gave him more times because he deserved it

according to someone with a decent source Ranieri had sidelined Craig Shakespear and Mike Stowell, key members of the coaching staff, reduced to role of the sports science team, sacked the psychologist that all the players used and were close to, changed the dietary staff and increased the intensity and volume of training against the advice of all the coaching team
Quite possible that's what happened.

The players started believing their own hype and thought that winning the title meant they were always going to be title contenders when in reality they were always going to be mid table at absolute best.

The Leicester players have been pathetic this season, only bothering to get out of bed for the occasional champions league game.

I really hope they get relegated and then Vardy and co. can go back to lower league mediocrity where they belong.

Why?

Was that the same questions to Nigel Pearson 2 years ago?

They were survived although Pearson was sacked at the end of the season. The players wasn't giving up though, the board should gave him more times because he deserved it
Didn't Pearson's exit have quite a lot to do with the scandal involving his son racially abusing Thai prostitutes?

Anyone else think that JM's support of Ranieri was a little bit masked where he was having a dig at the way he(JM) was booted out of Chelsea after winning the league and results werent going well ?

It wasn't well masked then was it, I mean, he actually mentioned his own sacking.

The point was, the last two Premier League Champions have been sacked the following season, it's an absolute disgrace imo. And as Mourinho said, he thought he was treated badly, but this puts that into perspective, his sacking was nothing compared to this.

FFS show some balls the entire football world will be willing you on.
I do think sacking Ranieri was quite harsh and ungrateful but not enough to make me support Liverpool against Leicester.

It actually takes a special effort to become the most disliked team from everyone's 2nd favourite team, within a season.
Just look at us, most of us wanted Sunderland down no matter what but given the choice between Sunderland and Leicester now, most would choose Leicester

I have never before wanted to see Liverpool absolutely destroy the opposition . C'mon Pool all decent people will be on your side at the weekend (it will become part of your "istory" if you can do us all a fave.
Meh, United fans would rather Leicester win than see the scum win.

The point was, the last two Premier League Champions have been sacked the following season, it's an absolute disgrace imo. And as Mourinho said, he thought he was treated badly, but this puts that into perspective, his sacking was nothing compared to this.

Completely different situations though. As long as they avoid relegation, any finish for Leicester is acceptable really. For Chelsea finishing in the bottom half of the table would be utterly disastrous financially and in terms of our ability to sign players.

No-one wanted Mourinho to leave at the start of last season, but when you lose 9 in 16 and have one of England's top clubs sitting in 17th with no signs of the situation improving, then you're going to be fired.

If the players did revolt, then the success has clearly gone to their head. Not playing Gray more is probably my biggest criticism of Ranieri but that is hardly something to revolt about. Other then Vardy, Mahrez and Gary, imo, the whole squad could be shipped out, and like for like replacements could be brought in instantly.
If Morgan was part of it, i would be disappointed Ranieri didnot put his foot down, drop and strip him of the captaincy to get his squad in line. He could have upgraded him with Fonte in the Jan window..

Last edited:
Completely different situations though. As long as they avoid relegation, any finish for Leicester is acceptable really. For Chelsea finishing in the bottom half of the table would be utterly disastrous financially and in terms of our ability to sign players.

No-one wanted Mourinho to leave at the start of last season, but when you lose 9 in 16 and have one of England's top clubs sitting in 17th with no signs of the situation improving, then you're going to be fired.

Hence why I posted that as Mourinho himself said, he thought he was treated badly, but this puts that into perspective, his sacking was nothing compared to this, it's was "peanuts" I think he said.

You could hope for more loyalty even from a top club, but it's more hope than anything, from Leicester it's a fecking disgrace. I personally think you should have kept Mourinho until Jan and let him sort the squad then, he had earned that for everything he had done for Chelsea imo, much more than some of his twatty players. But hey, I didn't complain, I was delighted when you gave him the sack and put him on course to Old Trafford.

You could hope for more loyalty even from a top club, but it's more hope than anything, from Leicester it's a fecking disgrace. I personally think you should have kept Mourinho until Jan and let him sort the squad then, he had earned that for everything he had done for Chelsea imo, much more than some of his twatty players. But hey, I didn't complain, I was delighted when you gave him the sack and put him on course to Old Trafford.

I don't think any big club would have given that much trust in that situation. Something was deeply wrong, everyone knew it, and a few panic buys in January weren't going to fix it.

Amazing decision to sack him. To win the league with that team was incredible. It was always going to be a tough season for them this season with Champions League football and opposition teams figuring them out.

It really shows how far a team can go on high confidence and momentum and how low when that confidence and momentum is no longer there. Where they are now is far closer to their true level than last season.

I don't think any big club would have given that much trust in that situation. Something was deeply wrong, everyone knew it, and a few panic buys in January weren't going to fix it.

I think you're probably right, but bringing in Gus certainly didn't fix it so I can't help but think that in hindsight, you'd have been better off sticking by a bloke who should've been a Chelsea-legend.

(Most of my comment is in relation to situation of revolt and unrest amongst the players)

I think recent sackings of Mourinho and Ranieri (Pellegrini departure included) is due to:-

i. Not having absolute power over the players (power not given by the board/owners).
ii. Not being ruthless enough.

To elaborate what i meant here, Ferguson was the one who was ruthless. He had complete control over the club on both footballing and non-footballing sides. I highly doubt that any commercial/non-commercial deals that United's CEOs were making didn't have Ferguson's consent. His public enemy number one Roy Keane, when asked to mention Fergie's one biggest trait, he said "Ruthless" and the very thing Fergie mentioned "Complete Control". I saw glimpse of that when Mourinho first took charge at Chelsea but that kinda taken away from him because their owner being a cnut.

Ince, Stam, Beckham, Keane and RVN are prime examples, no matter how big stars they were, they were cast out straight away as far from dressing room as possible once they fall out with the manager. I wonder if these sacked managers had absolute power, confidence of their board/owners, and they were ruthless enough, they will still be the managers of their respective clubs because one thing is the ultimate fact in football, a club is bigger than any star player.

Reactions: Dargonk
We didn't get relegated (or finish in the bottom half) did we? ;)

And there's zero chance you would have done with Mourinho either, especially when given the January window. But anyway, I think we both agree that Mourinho was risking it, despite his previous successes as Chelsea are a top club. Ranieri on the other hand really deserved the season after performing the impossible.

Last edited:
Doing the impossible doesn't seem to buy you much credit in modern football which is a shame.

Mourinhos statement on the matter is one of the classiest things I have ever seen him do. Absolutely respect for telling it how it is

I think he is doing a SAF -- embarrass the Leicester players to get a reaction out of them for the next match -- Foxes are playing the scousers.

I seen Paul Merson say "they should try for Marco Silva because of how he's improved Hull in such a short space of time."

He really could not have been more wrong with his first impressions on Silva.