Ranieri sacked as Leicester City manager

While it's obviously a sad day for Claudio and Leicester, I'm sure it will prove to be the right decision.

It seemed bonkers when Chelsea sacked Mou this time last season, but look at them now. Not that Leicester are gonna do a Chelsea and be top next year, mind. But they should be able to avoid relegation.

Sadly when a manager loses the support of the dressing room, even if it's the players to blame and not him, he has to go. No team can afford to take the side of the manager and replace half the squad that are rebelling. It's just not possible.

No wonder England haven't won anything for decades - not enough chicken burgers & low-fat chips.

Should Leicester willingly relegate themselves to the Championship on the basis of sentimentality and charm? If the answer is no then the correct decision has been made.

If the answer is yes... well, thank goodness you're not in charge of my football club.

What happened to standing by the manager, disgrace from both the players and the owners for not doing so.

It's worth mentioning, mind, that the role of the players in this debacle needs to be investigated. There are players in that Leicester dressing room that have let both their manager and supporters down and you can only assume (and hope) they'll be out on their arse come the summer.

Overseas it is just Cinderella at midnight and back to the cleaning duties, damage to the fairytale (and the world affection) is fatal imho. Leicester as a global brand is dead, save their skin or not.

It's worth mentioning, mind, that the role of the players in this debacle needs to be investigated. There are players in that Leicester dressing room that have let both their manager and supporters down and you can only assume (and hope) they'll be out on their arse come the summer.
Is there any word on who the prime culprits are? I mean Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Huth and Morgan have all looked bad, but have there been any questions regarding their attitudes?

Should Leicester willingly relegate themselves to the Championship on the basis of sentimentality and charm? If the answer is no then the correct decision has been made.

If the answer is yes... well, thank goodness you're not in charge of my football club.

Why didn't they then sack Nigel Pearson when they were routed to the bottom of the table in 2014/15 with 9 games to go? They were lucky to be in the league and the went onto win it

They have a decent chance of making the last 8 in the CL and are not even in the relegation zone. Stupid decision, sentiment has nothing to do with it. Really hope they get relegated now.

Why didn't they then sack Nigel Pearson when they were routed to the bottom of the table in 2014/15 with 9 games to go? They were lucky to be in the league and the went onto win it

They have a decent chance of making the last 8 in the CL and are not even in the relegation zone. Stupid decision, sentiment has nothing to do with it. Really hope they get relegated now.

Because it's very likely that Nigel Pearson had the support of the playing staff. Bear in mind that even when rooted to the foot of the league, Leicester had been playing good football for a fairly prolonged period of time, and that results weren't quite going their way.

The details aren't clear yet, but it's plainly obvious that Ranieri's position in the dressing room was untenable and that he and the players had reached an impasse. Ranieri was taking them down, it's as simple as that, and given the wages Leicester are now paying their players, the owners have clearly decided that survival takes precedence over superiority. Personally, I think they're right.

Is there any word on who the prime culprits are? I mean Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Huth and Morgan have all looked bad, but have there been any questions regarding their attitudes?

I'm sure Leicester supporters will already have a fair idea, but I imagine the gory details will come out in the newspapers over the coming weeks. I think there is a lot going on behind the scenes that has informed this decision, the majority of which we will know nothing about.

Can't say that I feel too sorry for him. Last season everything went their way, and he's gotten his fair share of credit for that. This season they most probably would go down, with the same group of players (-Kante), plus the ones he brought in during the summer. If he's completely lost the dressing room, there's no other way. Sacking him after being relegated would be a lot worse for both parts.

So when our players gave up under Moyes and LVG......
Our players never gave up under LvG, just they were confused with his method thus never tried hard enough or maybe they did but that wasn't enough anyway
There was bad patch and LvG came very close getting sacked but few wins here and there saved him.
Moyes yes, people doubted him since day one. Some players like Rio, Carrick, RvP,etc... didn't even bother trying. That was embarrassing but feck Moyes, he was an idiot.

Rainieri though, had won them a major trophy, how bad could he be? Footballers are cnuts.

I agree with your sentiments totally. Really feel for Ranieri but I'm not even slightly surprised that he got the boot. Whether us fans like it or not football is seen as nothing but a cash cow to the vast majority of owners and shareholders.

Don't you feel like feck them? Leicester should never have won anything. He made then more money in one year and more press than they are ever likely to have again. feck them. And I hope when you've sacked him you get the shit manager you deserve.

Our players never gave up under LvG, just they were confused with his method thus never tried hard enough or maybe they did but that wasn't enough anyway
There was bad patch and LvG came very close getting sacked but few wins here and there saved him.
Moyes yes, people doubted him since day one. Some players like Rio, Carrick, RvP,etc... didn't even bother trying. That was embarrassing but feck Moyes, he was an idiot.

Rainieri though, had won them a major trophy, how bad could he be? Footballers are cnuts.

There has been stories about Ranieri not giving proper instruction, changing the tactics right before the match without really working on it training.

Leicester Fan said:
As gutted as I am though, I remain hopeful it's the correct decision. Something has to change if we're in any chance of salvaging something from this season. The eternal optimist, I'm hoping for a shock Hiddink appointment; someone who will command respect, and to who premier league and champions league football are standard-fare.

Saying that, I await tomorrow's appointment of Alan Pardew which will coincide with me setting fire to myself.
:lol:
F**king hell. I'd just sat down to dinner, got a cryptic text from a mate, and upon checking twitter nearly vomited my beef rogan josh all over my missus.

There has been stories about Ranieri not giving proper instruction, changing the tactics right before the match without really working on it training.

Tinkerman started tinkering again because no gold dust was falling from above any more and, more bluntly, because the hardworking selfless feckers once working as a unit felt they were suddenly rockstars reborn... truth is in two years time the feckers will all disappear from memory, while Cinderella Claudio will still tour the media with kind words, even forgiving his dear little sh*ts in the way of the classy soul-suffering grandpa Carl Fredricksen he is within.

Leicester fans are actually more unintelligent than I thought. I was going through their forum & half of them think Nigel Pearson deserves credit for Leicester's title than Ranieri. Apparently there's no reason to believe Pearson couldn't have rode the same wave Ranieri did after saving them from relegation the previous campaign.

The surprising majority seem to think they have an excellent team & are as good or better than Everton, West Brom & Stoke.

Last edited: