Ranieri sacked as Leicester City manager

If they want to stay in the league, it's the right decision. Even if he had managed to keep them up, he was pretty much finished.

But yeah, from a sentimental point of view, it's a shocker.

I meant if it was anything specific you were talking about but probably not.

obviously not, let's forget entirely what the media say. Manager is sacked, but nothing to do with the players, keep your head in the sand

Embarrassing decision.

Would they sack him in the same period last year if they were sitting in 16th place? Of course not, they would have thought he is doing decent job by being close to staying up.

publicly branding them an embarrassment, and people close to the club saying he wasn't supportive of the manger
Not supporting the manager that helped him to win the Premier league... :rolleyes: Some of these footballers are rotten

Not supporting the manager that helped him to win the Premier league... :rolleyes: Some of these footballers are rotten

If you are going to automatically believe those reports there is also reports that Ranieri has mentally checked out this season.

Victim of his own success. Had they finished in the bottom half last season he would not have been sacked for being 17th at this stage this year.

:rolleyes: hey I can do that too. No idea your point though, please can you articulate without the use of an emoticon to express your opinion.

obviously not, let's forget entirely what the media say. Manager is sacked, but nothing to do with the players, keep your head in the sand
Huh? I don't care enough about Leicester to bury my head.

He isn't the same manager as last season. He got a bigger squad and couldn't help himself.
Last season, he had a small group and almost went for the same 11 game after game. That built cohesion and momentum.
Now he's become the tinkerman we knew from his Chelsea days, too many changes between matches, not many players can pick up any kind of form and they lose faith in their manager.
If they want to stay in the PL their best bet was to sack him unfortunately. They've been atrocious in the league, getting worse every passing month it seems.

If they want to stay in the league, it's the right decision. Even if he had managed to keep them up, he was pretty much finished.

But yeah, from a sentimental point of view, it's a shocker.
indeed; this had to be a ruthless decision- damend if you do, and the same if you don't

Surprising timing, considering they're still very much in Europe, but they've been dire. After last season's heroics, a midtable finish would have been easily acceptable. Being 17th and not scoring a Premier League goal in 2 months is not.

Professional football is mostly business and a small part of it is sport...

Football is big business, yes. Mostly or not I don't know. Pretty large part of it kinda have to be sports, for there to be any business. Still tho, sacking Ranieri seems mental

:rolleyes: hey I can do that too. No idea your point though, please can you articulate without the use of an emoticon to express your opinion.
Am having a go at the player not you!:lol: Ranieri helped them to the title and he's repaid with disloyalty - hence my emoticon.

Just shows money is all that matters in football now. Their message about 'Leicester's long term goals', more like the owners personal financial goals are at threat.

The question you have to ask is would they of sacked him now if they didn't win the title last season? They retained Nigel Pearson even though they were bottom of the league, and he kept them up. The clubs goal is apparently avoiding relegation and he has them 17th and still in the Champions League so he is meeting their apparent goals this season.

Heard that this is the 4th manager who has been sacked a year after winning the title in the last 5 years. The other was Sir Alex who retired. Truly a shocking stat.

Fair point.
And also lost the faith of his support staff.

The owners spend willingly and freely, as much as this is sad to see I have no reason not to trust them as their actions have proved they do what they see is best for the club

Dillading Dilladong !!:nono:
Amazing how original I thought my post was!!! Now reading back through the thread , it seems i have a membership to the "Twatish post club" ha ha ha :lol:
Anyhow ranieri, yeah shocker that.

Last edited:
Does anyone actually know why the players have turned against him though? I just find it weird how they've stopped playing for him

I think he at least deserved the second leg of the CL last 16. Not sure why you wait until almost the end of Feb then do it.

Im assuming the owners (as businessmen) would prefer two seasons of finishing 17th rather than one season of finishing 1st and one season of finishing 18th.

Would be interesting if you asked the Leicester fans which they would have preferred (after they survived two years ago). For a club like that, I would be shocked if people went with the former rather than the latter. (and wonder how many of those would say its the right decision now).