Raheem Sterling to...? | joins Arsenal on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear your points. My view is unless it's 1:1 swap, it makes zero sense for Chelsea.

Surely there's a possibility that Sancho goes to Juve and Utd still go for Sterling? Dare I say the ideal scenario?

I’m wondering if there’s a Chelsea player I wouldn’t begrudgingly accept just to get Sancho going the other way.

I would rather not do a deal but I think if it does happen it will be more favourable to United.

Berada and co are no mugs.
How will it be in our favour? Sanchos like 24, if they get the best out of him then they can re sell him and make a massive profit. We ain’t re selling Sterling for anything.

How will it be in our favour? Sanchos like 24, if they get the best out of him then they can re sell him and make a massive profit. We ain’t re selling Sterling for anything.

He means Chelsea will pay United a fee + Sterling for Sancho, if a deal was to happen.

He's a good player, I just don't see where he fits unless Rashford is going to spend more time in the middle
In the middle of the bench which is where he currently belongs

Serious underrating of Sterling here. I think fans will be surprised how good he is compared to our current wide players.

Sancho must be alot more trouble than we realise for someone in his position to think that's a good deal.

Maybe he sees it as 2-3 seasons of good quality football from Sterling. Taking pressure off Garnacho and Amad for that period of time.

Sterling can do things that Antony can't, he can go inside and outside and beat a man. Antony can go inside and that's about it.

If only the swap deal was for Antony. Think the entire forum would be in unanimous agreement
How about Sancho, Antony and Rashford for Sterling ? No cash changing hands.
Sterling to get a 2 year contract, with our option for 1 more.

In the words of Monica from Friends when Rachel was about to make a fool of herself "I kinda wanna see what happens." Against my better judgement, but feck it. Bring him in.

This is where I’m at. There’s something quite amusing and intriguing about the whole thing. It isn’t going to bankrupt the club and it means we get shot of a waste of space in Sancho.

I mean, it’s probably a really shit idea, but let’s embrace the madness.

Despite Sancho being a bit of a prick he’s got far more potential in our team than a soon to be 30 year old Sterling. Unless we’re getting twenty million plus on top of the swap the move is way better for Chelsea than us

This is a myth, there is a reason he was at City for so long under one of the best managers ever.

Not a myth at all, he missed sitter after sitter, but City were so dominant tha they created enough chances for it not to matter, that was also prime Sterling, not this declined, over the hill version.

Despite Sancho being a bit of a prick he’s got far more potential in our team than a soon to be 30 year old Sterling. Unless we’re getting twenty million plus on top of the swap the move is way better for Chelsea than us
Sancho has absolutely zero potential in our team. What player have people been watching for the last 3 years?

He was coached at City to be in the right places at the right time. He didn't have that privilege with us as our players are nowhere near as good at creating chances as City's players, nor will he have that privilege for you. When the onus is on him to do it himself, he is wasteful and makes bad decisions as @The holy trinity 68 said.

This! On top of my post just above.

Serious underrating of Sterling here. I think fans will be surprised how good he is compared to our current wide players.
Sterling from Liverpool was quality. Seen nothing alike at Chelsea. We just don’t want to be stuck with another useless wide player. We need someone to contribute goals and assists

I think people need to calm down.

Multiple reliable sources have said this is unlikely to happen.

He's probably headed to Italy. We're just using leverage in negotiations.

Sancho is finished. He doesn’t want to be here and the manager doesn’t want him here.

Continuing to pay him to sit in the stands is a waste of everyone’s time.

Sancho is done here. One of the worst purchases in our history.

Sancho has absolutely zero potential in our team. What player have people been watching for the last 3 years?
But he’s got more potential than Sterling. That’s the point. They’ll easily make massive profit on sancho if they get him to his best form.

I honestly think Sancho hates this club and I've seen nothing to slightly make that hunch disappear. As long as he holds this kind of grudge, his potential will never come into fruition.. for us that is..

But he’s got more potential than Sterling. That’s the point. They’ll easily make massive profit on sancho if they get him to his best form.

I dont want Sterling but come off it. You saw Sancho's best form at Dortmund last season, still shit.

He will be in exactly the same situation at Chelsea as here, frozen out. There's no way he muscles Mudryk and Madueke off the bench let alone gets to kick the ball occasionally.

In the words of Monica from Friends when Rachel was about to make a fool of herself "I kinda wanna see what happens." Against my better judgement, but feck it. Bring him in.
Perfect description. It’s impossible to imagine that Sterling could do any worse than the bulk of our current wide options.

Not a myth at all, he missed sitter after sitter, but City were so dominant tha they created enough chances for it not to matter, that was also prime Sterling, not this declined, over the hill version.
Andy Cole has a whole DVD of sitters that he missed.

Its mind boggling folks are bringing up Sancho’s wages, forgetting we spent 75m on him not that long ago.
Who cares about the wages? Swapping him for Sterling is basically a full loss on an investment, the Sancho investment got zeroed folks.

I had no idea people disliked Sancho that much to accept an ex Liverpool and City player, who is much older, who runs really funny, with zero resale value, who may not be an improvement over Sancho to begin with.
Is it because a manager who took us to our worst ever PL season got offended by some words on Twitter written by the player?

Sancho has been poor for us, but if there is an underlying issue between him and the manager, then maybe someone should have a word with both of them, to buckle up buttercups, both of you may not be here a year from now, do your best, life isn’t fair, etc.

Like, am I going crazy or what?
If we’re getting an ex Liverpool player it better be fecking 25 year old Steven Gerrard, not this journeyman for crying out loud.
Michael Owen was a bit weird, but I had so much trust in SAF I didn’t question it for a second, and it turned out okay, he scored a few goals, knew his place, came on a free, then left.

I don’t know if Dan Aschroft knows much about the history of Manchester United, but someone better let him know he’s not in Kansas anymore, he’s at Manchester United.
There are rules, this isn’t Nam.
He’s not at Brighton anymore, a club whose claim to fame is basically being a second hand car wheelin and dealing garage.
Or Newcastle, a wee club up north which is best known for their fat and half naked fans and some guy who scored a bunch of pointless goals that won them nothing with a silly celebration.

If we sign Sterling I will boo him, in front of the telly on my Saudi stream, mark my words.

Feck off honestly, what a joke, a farce.

Last edited:
If we are going for a winger it should be in the mold of a Nico Williams or the Georgian playing in Napoli, not Raheem Sterling. This is the sort of deal, Pep, Arteta are never doing.
We started the window beating Madrid to Yoro and we're ending it with this?
We all know how this will turn out.

I dont want Sterling but come off it. You saw Sancho's best form at Dortmund last season, still shit.

He will be in exactly the same situation at Chelsea as here, frozen out. There's no way he muscles Mudryk and Madueke off the bench let alone gets to kick the ball occasionally.
Mudryks not good. He’ll be in front of him

Ohhh Southgate and Jim are still besties. It will only take ten Hag getting off to a rough start.
We basically are the footballing equivalent of the squid games. Instead of dying we get Southgate.

BBC article since I wrote that post makes me feel sick.

This is a myth, there is a reason he was at City for so long under one of the best managers ever.
Did you miss all his games against us, he never scored against us even in all the games City hammered us. He's very wasteful, and he isn't the youngster he once was.

If we could stop doing Chelsea massive favours, that would be fantastic. Ex city and Liverpool too, dirty as feck

I’m wondering if there’s a Chelsea player I wouldn’t begrudgingly accept just to get Sancho going the other way.

Frankly I'd swap Sancho for their janitor or one of their catering staff.

If he comes on at the weekend and scores the winner against the scousers, the scouse meltdown will be worth the entire deal. :lol:

For that alone I’d be all for it

This makes sense, our wingers aren't really wingers

Please can we stop taking Chelsea’s high wage castoffs ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.