Raheem Sterling to...? | joins Arsenal on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’d instantly be our best winger, which is more an indictment of the state of our attack then a sign this is a good move.

I’d happily take him on a season long loan with Chelsea paying the majority of his wages. But a permanent deal on a (presumably) big contract would be absolutely madness. Or genius if he gets back to his City form. But probably madness.

27zfe38m09ld1.png

Andy Cole has a whole DVD of sitters that he missed.

He had world class players surrounding him that helped for that not to matter so much, the United team currently can't afford that luxury of more wasteful wide players.

Last edited:
He’d instantly be our best winger, which is more an indictment of the state of our attack then a sign this is a good move.

I’d happily take him on a season long loan with Chelsea paying the majority of his wages. But a permanent deal on a (presumably) big contract would be absolutely madness. Or genius if he gets back to his City form. But probably madness.
Think his best years was Liverpool weren’t it? Can’t remember him being all that decent for city except he could never score past us and get the better of AWB

given our desperate need for a winger, would Sterling be that really bad of an option?

given our desperate need for a winger, would Sterling be that really bad of an option?

Obviously not. Should have gone for someone even better earlier bit I'd take him. Anything is better than watching Rashford fail to beat his man constantly.

Its mind boggling folks are bringing up Sancho’s wages, forgetting we spent 75m on him not that long ago.
Who cares about the wages? Swapping him for Sterling is basically a full loss on an investment, the Sancho investment got zeroed folks.

I had no idea people disliked Sancho that much to accept an ex Liverpool and City player, who is much older, who runs really funny, with zero resale value, who may not be an improvement over Sancho to begin with.
Is it because a manager who took us to our worst ever PL season got offended by some words on Twitter written by the player?

Sancho has been poor for us, but if there is an underlying issue between him and the manager, then maybe someone should have a word with both of them, to buckle up buttercups, both of you may not be here a year from now, do your best, life isn’t fair, etc.

Like, am I going crazy or what?
If we’re getting an ex Liverpool player it better be fecking 25 year old Steven Gerrard, not this journeyman for crying out loud.
Michael Owen was a bit weird, but I had so much trust in SAF I didn’t question it for a second, and it turned out okay, he scored a few goals, knew his place, came on a free, then left.

I don’t know if Dan Aschroft knows much about the history of Manchester United, but someone better let him know he’s not in Kansas anymore, he’s at Manchester United.
There are rules, this isn’t Nam.
He’s not at Brighton anymore, a club whose claim to fame is basically being a second hand car wheelin and dealing garage.
Or Newcastle, a wee club up north which is best known for their fat and half naked fans and some guy who scored a bunch of pointless goals that won them nothing with a silly celebration.

If we sign Sterling I will boo him, in front of the telly on my Saudi stream, mark my words.

Feck off honestly, what a joke, a farce.
Some fan you are, booing your own player, (if it happens) say he signs for us and scores the winner on Sunday, will you be booing him then?

Hmmmmm.. why?! Is he better than Rashford, probably but not by that much. He is better at finding space for a pass and probably more hardworking but really what is the point when we have Garnacho coming through. I’d rather give Garnacho minutes and go with the ups and downs as he develops.

Loan makes it more palatable but to make his move permanent with the wages it would cost would in my mind not be a great idea.

Was it Darren Bent that said Sterling can barely kick a ball or has the worst striking technique he has seen or some rubbish like that?

There must be someone other than Chilwell that we can take. It's bad enough having one permacrock at left back with Shaw, but two?

Stop gap solution while Garnacho and Amad are still developing their game. I take that.
Deadwood in a year or two we'll have to pay off, we're not winning anything this year why not go with what we have and get a proper player next year.
This is the sort of desperation that made us pay 70 million for Case. We wouldn't even be considering this before now.

I've come around to thinking this deal could be okay provided 1. total clean break from Sancho, no longer our problem and 2. Sterling on a short contract (2+1 years tops) and at least half his current wages.

Devil in the detail because if we end up paying money on top or paying him anywhere north of £150k a week, feck that and feck whoever arranges it.

That's a midtable finish without rashy heroics

I don't think it's as simple as that. In ten hags first season rashford was excellent, as was Martinez and casemiro. Plenty of players had good seasons this idea that rashford carried things is an exaggeration. And while rashford was horrendous last year, we had a freak season of injuries. If rashford plays this season as he did last season, hes a completely useless player for us.

We've done such good work for Chelsea recently... why not add another one?

Really though, I'd even take somebody like Mudryk over Sterling if only for the extreme off-chance that he'll put things together and explode.

Sterling is - generously - past his best and his value only goes one way from this point. He's also on triple the wages and won't be happy if he's ever sitting on the bench (which would hopefully happen often, given the potential of Garnacho and Amad)

I'd roll the dice on Chukwumeka too.

Deadwood in a year or two we'll have to pay off, we're not winning anything this year why not go with what we have and get a proper player next year.
This is the sort of desperation that made us pay 70 million for Case. We wouldn't even be considering this before now.

It opens up a possibility to get rid of a toxic player that looks unfit and out of breath the moment he steps on a football pitch and gets us a winger probably still better than anything we have right now. I see no problem.

Andy Cole has a whole DVD of sitters that he missed.

If Andy Cole scored half of all these supposed sitters he missed then surely he'd be untouchable at the top of all time premier league goal scorers.

Garnacho and Amad should be starting over Sterling regardless, we don't need him even as back up unless Rashford is off the books.
Garnacho and Amad should be sharing the LF position this season, neither are experienced or consistent enough to be both starting together, IMO Garnacho is way better on the right than he is on the left at the moment

Sterling would be competing with Rashford and TBH that's a competition he would be winning at the moment, Rashford looks like he needs a dose of reality injecting in to him and this might to do it, if it doesn't then he's as useful to us as Sancho is

Sterling AND Chilwell?

Just when I thought I was in they pull me back out *unzips*
The cheek on Chelsea to want to give us Chilwell when we have two senior left backs on the book and they only have one.
None of this rumours make sense and if it is then a sackable offense for even considering it.

They did not believe their luck we took Mount from them, hence why this is happening

Any united fan open to having any of these two after all we have been through in the last ten years with overpriced past it injury prone players needs to give their head a wobble

I keep coming back to this thread praying to see utd deny this terrible rumour, or hoping something intervenes...FFP, Saudi bid, sterling retire. anything will do

Status
Not open for further replies.