Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

If as I guess you are talking about Prince Andrew, then he's not a Pedo/Pedophile - there's a difference between one of those who is sexually interested in children under the age of pubescence (the time that puberty begins) and a child abuser/rapist who prefers children who are adolescent, in their teens. Someone usually tries to explain this maybe about once a week. The offender is no better than the other but it's an important detail.

In the case of Virginia Giuffre who was an adolescent at the time who it is claimed was 17 at the time of the alledged incident - which Andrew agreed a non-disclosure payment to, was actually over the age of sexual consent in the UK. Of course there are allegations she was trafficked internationally and in some states in the US the age of consent is higher.

I agree that a protester shouldn't be charged with heckling Prince Andrew but some would say there's a time and a place. I though the crowd dealt with it as a majority of onlookers better than the police who I don't believe had any cause to detain him.

No pedophile jokes etc.

Love the Andrews defense squad on here. Thought I'd seen it all in 19 years on here.

Christ how long does it take a plane to set off?

And I thought jet 2 were bad.

Let's just stick with nonce...it covers all bases.

uXDvhCn.gif

I don't think anyone has defended him, it's just about accuracy. His alleged offences weren't against pre-pubescent children, therefore the term "paedophile" is incorrect.

If a man were to sleep with a 15 and a half year old girl in the UK (with her consent) would he be a) arrested for breaking a law and b) put on a register?

If b) is yes what would that register be called? And would that register also include names of people that have slept with pre-pubescent children?

If a man were to sleep with a 15 and a half year old girl in the UK (with her consent) would he be a) arrested for breaking a law and b) put on a register?

If b) is yes what would that register be called? And would that register also include names of people that have slept with pre-pubescent children?
It would be called the sex offenders register, and yes, it would include people that have slept with pre-pubescent, along with people who have flashed 80 year olds, and people who have done all manner of sexually related crimes.

Doesn't mean they're all pedos, but its a bit of a minor point in the big scheme of things.

It would be called the sex offenders register, and yes, it would include people that have slept with pre-pubescent, along with people who have flashed 80 year olds, and people who have done all manner of sexually related crimes.

Doesn't mean they're all pedos, but its a bit of a minor point in the big scheme of things.
It's not a minor point, it's an important distinction but I don't think the pitchfork squad (hurr durr) are interested.

A person who has sex/rapes/assaults adolescents will still go on the Sex Offenders Register but possibly for a shorter or defined time period. A Pedophile has what could be called a psychiatric disorder, an Ephebophile is not recognised as such. For all sorts of differing reasons it's found/considered that Ephebophiles tend to have fewer victims and respond more often to treatments/counselling etc. I've not said that one is better than the other. Nonce is a good derogatory term for the pitchfork carriers to use. Maybe.

If as I guess you are talking about Prince Andrew, then he's not a Pedo/Pedophile - there's a difference between one of those who is sexually interested in children under the age of pubescence (the time that puberty begins) and a child abuser/rapist who prefers children who are adolescent, in their teens. Someone usually tries to explain this maybe about once a week. The offender is no better than the other but it's an important detail.

In the case of Virginia Giuffre who was an adolescent at the time who it is claimed was 17 at the time of the alledged incident - which Andrew agreed a non-disclosure payment to, was actually over the age of sexual consent in the UK. Of course there are allegations she was trafficked internationally and in some states in the US the age of consent is higher.

I agree that a protester shouldn't be charged with heckling Prince Andrew but some would say there's a time and a place. I though the crowd dealt with it as a majority of onlookers better than the police who I don't believe had any cause to detain him.

No pedophile jokes etc.
If "the offender is no better" why is it an important detail?

What happens now if Prince Charles suddenly dies? Would there be an Operation London Bridge on top of the existing one of some sort? How would that work?

Thanks, I was never clear about these registers.

What happens now if Prince Charles suddenly dies? Would there be an Operation London Bridge on top of the existing one of some sort? How would that work?
Why what are you planning

Why what are you planning

It's just something that's been playing on my mind these past few days. He doesn't look the healthiest (I've seen people in their seventies in much better general shape, at least on the outside) and you'll never know when the Grim Reaper will knock on your door.