Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

I’m not a royalist, anything but, but she was a mother, and a grandmother, and the prime defender of the alpha hatchlings, and her son has just lost his mum, you monsters!

And all the posh sports going ahead but football stopping is a completely reasonable thing when you really consider just how awful most of you football fans are, when compared to the kind of fine and upstanding race goers who have the decency to do their cocaine in the classy privacy of the Ascot disabled toilets

And losing your mum in your 70s is something very few people have ever had to deal with... Usually because that’s a really late time to lose your mum for like, 90% of people, and they’ve already lost their mum, but that doesn’t mean it’s any less raw or emotional than, say, losing your mum at 15? It’s more so, if anything… because he’s been thinking about it for so long… and he had to go on TV and say something someone had written for him and angrily sign some documents on a little gilded table!

And I’m not a royalist, anything but, but there’s nothing any of you disgusting plebs can imagine that could be any worse than losing someone at 96 surrounded by all their loved ones. And I’m frankly disgusted you can make light of it, or do anything but stare dutifully at the ground in solemn gratitude/sadness/contemplation.

Like I said, I’m not a royalist, but you should probably be hung if you can’t accept the inherent authority of our new King and his warm, welcoming weird fat fingers.

I’m not a royalist though. But this country has gone to dogs since she died. All I’m saying

Last edited:
It was. It definitely was not a particularly closely guarded secret, though - a great many people working in government/the civil service and the press knew what she had many months ago (even before the Jubilee celebrations).

Nobody has talked about it publicly and now is hardly the time to go in to details, but I assume at some point someone (probably one of the family) will make mention of it.
Yep, anyone who's anyone has known about this for weeks but the proles are going to have to wait a little while longer, as per tradition.

I’m not a royalist, anything but, but she was a mother, and a grandmother, and the prime defender of the alpha hatchlings, and her son has just lost his mum, you monsters!

And all the posh sports going ahead but football stopping is a completely reasonable thing when you really consider just how awful most of you football fans are, when compared to the kind of fine and upstanding race goers who have the decency to do their cocaine in the classy privacy of the Ascot disabled toilets

And losing your mum in your 70s is something very few people have ever had to deal with... Usually because that’s a really late time to lose your mum for like, 90% of people, and they’ve already lost their mum, but that doesn’t mean it’s any less raw or emotional than, say, losing your mum at 15? It’s more so, if anything… because he’s been thinking about it for so long… and he had to go on TV and say something someone had written for him and angrily sign some documents on a little gilded table!

And I’m not a royalist, anything but, but there’s nothing any of you disgusting plebs can imagine that could be any worse than losing someone at 96 surrounded by all their loved ones. And I’m frankly disgusted you can make light of it, or do anything but stare dutifully at the ground in solemn gratitude/sadness/contemplation.

Like I said, I’m not a royalist, but you should probably be hung if you can’t accept the inherent authority of our new King and his warm, welcoming weird fat fingers.

I’m not a royalist though. But this country has gone to dogs since she died. All I’m saying
:lol:

Excellent. You just forgot to sign it with 'God save the King'.

Solid effort for a 2am post

Yeah, let's get some things straight.

- We have devolved governments because the people in those COUNTRIES wanted it.
- The Great in Britain came under the Stewart family who were on the throne at the time, feck all to do with the Windsor's. And the Stewarts were from that "useless devolved" place up North, not the place you REALLY mean when you say "Great Britain".
- also worth pointing out as well that the current family wouldn't be in their position were it not for a ban on succession against Catholics at the time.

Also, apart from one person who was banned for the distasteful comment about her passing, there's been nothing disrespectful said. Unless your bar for Disrespect is anything other than unbridled devotion and any utterance that questions why we still use a archaic feudal model in a modern democracy is unacceptable. And, yes she's passed away, but it's definitely the time to talk about it since her heir was immediately sworn in. Didn't see much respect from them just immediately getting to work crowning the next person...

OK happy now ..

World is full of Butes . And some think they have a god given right to try and educate because they have ××× by there names like kinghthoods . My word ..

Last edited:
The Caf can be a strange place at times where everything you view has to be black or white. Any middle ground doesn’t exist.

Surely you don’t have to be a Royalist to recognise the significance of the death of The Queen and the impact it will have on a portion of society. By the same token you don’t have to be anti Monarchy to understand why many don’t have time for the Royals and institution nor should they be forced to mourn or show sadness.

Isn’t it about tolerating and respecting both views?

The Caf can be a strange place at times where everything you view has to be black or white. Any middle ground doesn’t exist.

Surely you don’t have to be a Royalist to recognise the significance of the death of The Queen and the impact it will have on a portion of society. By the same token you don’t have to be anti Monarchy to understand why many don’t have time for the Royals and institution nor should they be forced to mourn or show sadness.

no. it’s everyone else who is wrong and i’m the only one who’s right.

BBC News Live Coverage: Queen's coffin leaves Balmoral for Edinburgh, with thousands lining route.

Turn on the TV and see literally not a single person on the route.

George Best got a better turn out ffs.

BBC News Live Coverage: Queen's coffin leaves Balmoral for Edinburgh, with thousands lining route.

Turn on the TV and see literally not a single person on the route.

George Best got a better turn out ffs.
I see people.
5463.jpg

Are they really going to continue this round the clock coverage until after the funeral?

Christ!

"Welcome to BBC News, it's Thursday, Sep 15th, and the Queen is still dead."

Without the monarchy, parliament and such, most of you wouldn't have been born. We wouldn't be living in a free country. Some lax people here taking utter shite.

RIP QE2

Well because of it lots of people lived in occupied countries. Have you not heard of the British Empire?

This kind of event, the death of a monarch who's been 70 years in the job is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for everyone. I suspect that yes, the coverage will continue. However, most TV channels are showing nothing at all, it's just the BBC and ITV ones.

Rarely here, or anywhere unfortunately.

I'm hugely anti monarchy and ordinarily very vocal, but she was a 96 year old woman, and seemed quite nice. Of all the reasons to go off on one about her, this is probably the least appropriate time.

Ranting about the coverage and reaction is fair game. But you can also just ignore it.

Saw a video on twitter and it triggered a thought.
Though I am Nigerian, I did my A Levels in the UK. History at that level broadly consisted of WWI and WWII. There was brief mention of the Berlin Conference and the Abyssinian wars.
Is history of colonisation taught in Britsh schools?
Many African countries still use the British curriculum and colonisation is not taught.

Last edited:
Though I am Nigerian, I did my A Levels in the UK. Histrory at that level broadly consisted of WWI and WWII. There was brief mention of the Berlin Conference and the Abynissian wars.
Many African countries still use the British curriculum and colonisation is not taught.
Not when I was in school, nor was the slave trade.

Coverage of the queen's death was always going to take centre stage for a while.

I'm generally not remotely bothered about the royals and am anti monarchy. But she was an ever present figure in most people lives and is now gone. Hard to ignore really.

Coverage of the queen's death was always going to take centre stage for a while.

I'm generally not remotely bothered about the royals and am anti monarchy. But she was an ever present figure in most people lives and is now gone. Hard to ignore really.
Yeah. Complaining about something inevitable seems pointless to me. Look for other interests. I have stopped watching the news.

Though I am Nigerian, I did my A Levels in the UK. History at that level broadly consisted of WWI and WWII. There was brief mention of the Berlin Conference and the Abynissian wars.
Nope, not when I was in school not so long ago 15 years ago.

Slavery was taught but with sole focus on America

The pretend outrage is odd. What did people think would happen? Did people genuinely think it'd be a brief break in ordinary programming and then back to MasterChef?

It's about being seen to be the most outraged that's more boring than the coverage

The pretend outrage is odd. What did people think would happen? Did people genuinely think it'd be a brief break in ordinary programming and then back to MasterChef?

It's about being seen to be the most outraged that's more boring than the coverage

Without the monarchy, parliament and such, the boring people wouldn't have been born, so it's all her fault really.

Though I am Nigerian, I did my A Levels in the UK. History at that level broadly consisted of WWI and WWII. There was brief mention of the Berlin Conference and the Abynissian wars.

As I recall some topics were briefly mentioned in my days. But never any detail.

The crusades were something I recall doing as a kid. But again I think that was more to do with studying Kings and Queens rather than the crusades per se. More of a hero worship of Richard the Lionheart if you will

If I was generous I'd subscribe the same pretend emotion to your "This will be remembered as one of the biggest moments of the 21st century", but sadly I think you were being sincere