Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

My condolences to the UK and the Commonwealth!

I'm generally not a fan of monarchies in this day and age but, she always seemed like a decent person and possibly an example to others. While not British, I was genuinely saddened by the news and I hope King Charles will be able to live up to the standards set by his mother. RIP.

Reading through all this it's seems like the British monarchy is here to stay for a long time. But hey they're good for tourism so let's ignore all the negatives.

In Germany, we've been saying 'die Queen' since forever.

Der King just sounds fecking weird.

The sight of seeing some people happy inside stadiums is supposed to be disrespectful.

How in the world the UK managed to colonise half the world, I'll never know.

Did anyone just catch the bloke on BBC comparing the "troubles" Harry caused to the troubles Andrew has caused?

Did anyone just catch the bloke on BBC comparing the "troubles" Harry caused to the troubles Andrew has caused?

Didn’t see it but doesn’t surprise me the media compares sex trafficking to marrying a mixed race woman. Pretty sickening but surprised it’s taken this long for Meghan to be brought into it.

Didn’t see it but doesn’t surprise me the media compares sex trafficking to marrying a mixed race woman. Pretty sickening but surprised it’s taken this long for Meghan to be brought into it.

Is it the marriage or the Nazi costumes?

Portuguese news channels have been talking about this non stop since it happened. I really don't get it.

I wonder how much of this monarchy malarkey is tolerated because it was a sweet old lady in the chair, and has been since before any of us were born. If a middle aged bloke sat there now and said “oh yeah, I’m your new ruler” there’d be a lot of people pushing back.

I wonder how much of this monarchy malarkey is tolerated because it was a sweet old lady in the chair, and has been since before any of us were born. If a middle aged bloke sat there now and said “oh yeah, I’m your new ruler” there’d be a lot of people pushing back.
Isn't that what's happening? Some old guy is doing exactly that.

Monarchies should not exist and it's an absolute joke that billions will be spend now to basically rebrand everything from "the Queen" to "the King". However I don't think she deserves to be compared with fecking nazis or whatever other nonsense is being spouted by some here. She was one of the most recognisable person in the world and unlike most, she was mostly for good reasons. The queen was much more likeable and a better ambassador of the UK than anyone ever will be, especially if you guys keep electing cnuts like Boris.

Monarchies should not exist and it's an absolute joke that billions will be spend now to basically rebrand everything from "the Queen" to "the King". However I don't think she deserves to be compared with fecking nazis or whatever other nonsense is being spouted by some here. She was one of the most recognisable person in the world and unlike most, she was mostly for good reasons. The queen was much more likeable and a better ambassador of the UK than anyone ever will be, especially if you guys keep electing cnuts like Boris.
Did the Nazis ever get the Premier League cancelled?

Exactly.

Have to mourn for 10 days and can’t even go to the wake. Looks like it could be a good do though.