QF | England vs Switzerland | Netherlands vs Turkey

Turkiye's defensive midfield duo of Calhanoglu and Ozcan is working wonders.

Love the way Turkey have approached the knockout games. Defend with your lives and counter with force.

Calhanoglu would walk into our midfield. I also take their forwards over Bergwijn
Gakpo has had a good tournament to be fair to him but Yaldiz definitely gives him competition for that lw spot. He's been good as well and had a decent season at Juve.

Turkiye's defensive midfield duo of Calhanoglu and Ozcan is working wonders.

Çalhanoğlu is a lovely player. A rare success story of a number 10 who was pushed back and retained all his technical ability whilst adjusting to the tighter spaces and added defensive duties.

This is a much better game than the dross we've been served up earlier in the quarterfinals.

Holland now have to go out and attack Montella's catenaccio.

Çalhanoğlu is a lovely player. A rare success story of a number 10 who was pushed back and retained all his technical ability whilst adjusting to the tighter spaces and added defensive duties.
Not the best in the world like he said he is but an excellent player

Southgate: ‘it’s not just about playing well’. Thank feck for that because that’s one thing we don’t do.

Southgate: ‘it’s not just about playing well’. Thank feck for that because that’s one thing we don’t do.

He's not wrong. We have been pretty appalling at times and we are going to win the whole thing without getting out of second gear for more than about 20 minutes.

If Netherlands go home then at least we’ll be signing 2 players within the next week.

It's about the moments. I do think we will be picked apart by Spain if we both get to the final.
I reckon we could play prime 2010 Barcelona and make it a boring game. We’re bringing teams down to our level and beating them with experience.

On the upside, you moved from perennial "all hype and no bite" to genuine title contenders.

Teams that cheat death so many times and still win must be taken seriously.

I like that Yildiz has decided to try to have around 4 different haircuts in one.

England struggle against this Turkey side

He's not wrong. We have been pretty appalling at times and we are going to win the whole thing without getting out of second gear for more than about 20 minutes.

Yeah, but it's sheer luck, though. That's not something you can keep relying on.

For eg. Relying on a moment of absurd magic from Bellingham four minutes into a five minute stoppage time to prevent getting dumped out isn't us coasting in 2nd gear.

49 times out of 50 that game ends 1-0 Slovakia, and nothing but sheer fortune makes that timing happen.

Yeah, but it's sheer luck, though. That's not something you can keep relying on.

For eg. Relying on a moment of absurd magic from Bellingham four minutes into a five minute stoppage time to prevent getting dumped out isn't us coasting in 2nd gear.

Having great players who score wonderful goals is luck?