Press Conference Thread 2013/2014

So can we expect the usual "signing players in January is difficult, we have a good squad, we hope we can win games" today?

And "we have a good chance against Chelsea, we'll try and win the game. (:lol:)" , "Wayne is a top player, he has a chance", "we were unlucky with some decisions this season".

A press conference for me, should always be fans asking the questions, I realise that seems silly, but I don't understand what merits the Journo's to have better questions? Most of them recycle the same crap from the paper they opened that morning..

A press conference for me, should always be fans asking the questions, I realise that seems silly, but I don't understand what merits the Journo's to have better questions? Most of them recycle the same crap from the paper they opened that morning..

It would be nice to have a fans section of Q&A but the problem is, journos need to be there and can be kept at arms length and controlled. Whereas if the presser officer tells us a question is off limits, the fans will under no obligation to not just tell him to feck off or something.

It would be nice to have a fans section of Q&A but the problem is, journos need to be there and can be kept at arms length and controlled. Whereas if the presser officer tells us a question is off limits, the fans will under no obligation to just tell him to feck off or something.

Leading to perhaps an interesting press or worthy press conference, it'll have been the first in a while... I realise it will never happen, but in it's current format, I don't understand the need with other social media outlets now

It would be nice to have a fans section of Q&A but the problem is, journos need to be there and can be kept at arms length and controlled. Whereas if the presser officer tells us a question is off limits, the fans will under no obligation to not just tell him to feck off or something.

:lol: This would actually happen.
"David Moyes, I'm Joe Bloggs with the Manchester United Supporters Trust, feck off."

“Wayne’s come back, he’s fresh but he’s not ready for Chelsea. He’s training, he’s on the grass, doing some running and looking quite good. He’s had a break, done a lot of strengthening work around his groin and hopefully enjoyed a few days in the sunshine as well. Hopefully he’ll benefit from it, but not for this game.

“I don’t want to put a date on it just now as I don’t want to say he’ll be fit for whatever game and then I find he’s not, but we’ve just got to take it bit by bit. I’ve watched him running today; he looks well and is in really good condition. He’s kept himself right and has worked with one of our fitness coaches, who travelled with him. Overall, we’re pleased and just hope we can get him back as quickly as we can. He’s an important player.”

“I’m hoping Robin has a good chance of training at the start of next week, so if I can get him back out on the grass and back with us, it’ll be a great boost for us all,” Moyes explained. He’s a really important player and a player we’ve missed. But he’s getting closer now and most of them are getting closer to fitness, so let’s hope it’s not too long until we get them back.”

From the OS:

Here are the main points from David Moyes' press conference...

-Wayne Rooney is back from his warm-weather break but will not be available for the trip to Chelsea. "He's training, doing some running and looking quite good. I don’t want to put a date on it just now [his return] as I don’t want to say he’ll be fit for whatever game and then I find he’s not. We’ve just got to take it bit by bit."

-The manager also said he hopes Robin van Persie will resume training at the start of next week. He added that "most of the players are getting close to [full] fitness."

-Moyes confirmed that Anderson is going on loan to Fiorentina: "We’ve not been able to get him as many games as he’d hoped, or we hoped we might get him, so we feel it’s a good opportunity for him. He’s going to a good club in a good league, so hopefully it gets him some benefit."

-Moyes was also asked about the return to fitness of Darren Fletcher: "To be truthful, we didn’t think he was going to come back and, if he did, we weren’t sure when he was going to come back. But he’s been a breath of fresh air, how well he’s played."

More Rooney:
“He’s training, he’s on the grass, doing some running and looking quite good. He’s had a break, done a lot of strengthening work around his groin and hopefully enjoyed a few days in the sunshine as well. Hopefully he’ll benefit from it, but not for this game.

“I don’t want to put a date on it just now as I don’t want to say he’ll be fit for whatever game and then I find he’s not, but we’ve just got to take it bit by bit. I’ve watched him running today; he looks well and is in really good condition.

“He’s kept himself right and has worked with one of our fitness coaches, who travelled with him. Overall, we’re pleased and just hope we can get him back as quickly as we can. He’s an important player.”

More RvP:
“I’m hoping Robin has a good chance of training at the start of next week, so if I can get him back out on the grass and back with us, it’ll be a great boost for us all,” Moyes explained.

“He’s a really important player and a player we’ve missed. But he’s getting closer now and most of them are getting closer to fitness, so let’s hope it’s not too long until we get them back.”

More Anderson:
"He is going out on loan to Fiorentina," stated the boss in Friday's press conference. "We've not been able to get him as many games as he'd hoped, or we hoped we might get him, so we feel it's a good opportunity for him.

"He's going to a good club in a good league so, hopefully, it will benefit him."

On 'scouting' trips:
"I just enjoy watching football," he asserted. "I want to enjoy watching football all over the world. I try to get to as many games – that’s my style.

"I’m not always going to games to sign players – I’m sometimes going just for more knowledge and watching what’s going on. So I’ve done a wee bit of globetrotting over the last few days."

From the OS:

Here are the main points from David Moyes' press conference...

-Wayne Rooney is back from his warm-weather break but will not be available for the trip to Chelsea. "He's training, doing some running and looking quite good. I don’t want to put a date on it just now [his return] as I don’t want to say he’ll be fit for whatever game and then I find he’s not. We’ve just got to take it bit by bit."

-The manager also said he hopes Robin van Persie will resume training at the start of next week. He added that "most of the players are getting close to [full] fitness."

-Moyes confirmed that Anderson is going on loan to Fiorentina: "We’ve not been able to get him as many games as he’d hoped, or we hoped we might get him, so we feel it’s a good opportunity for him. He’s going to a good club in a good league, so hopefully it gets him some benefit."

-Moyes was also asked about the return to fitness of Darren Fletcher: "To be truthful, we didn’t think he was going to come back and, if he did, we weren’t sure when he was going to come back. But he’s been a breath of fresh air, how well he’s played."

More Rooney:
“He’s training, he’s on the grass, doing some running and looking quite good. He’s had a break, done a lot of strengthening work around his groin and hopefully enjoyed a few days in the sunshine as well. Hopefully he’ll benefit from it, but not for this game.

“I don’t want to put a date on it just now as I don’t want to say he’ll be fit for whatever game and then I find he’s not, but we’ve just got to take it bit by bit. I’ve watched him running today; he looks well and is in really good condition.

“He’s kept himself right and has worked with one of our fitness coaches, who travelled with him. Overall, we’re pleased and just hope we can get him back as quickly as we can. He’s an important player.”

More RvP:
“I’m hoping Robin has a good chance of training at the start of next week, so if I can get him back out on the grass and back with us, it’ll be a great boost for us all,” Moyes explained.

“He’s a really important player and a player we’ve missed. But he’s getting closer now and most of them are getting closer to fitness, so let’s hope it’s not too long until we get them back.”

More Anderson:
"He is going out on loan to Fiorentina," stated the boss in Friday's press conference. "We've not been able to get him as many games as he'd hoped, or we hoped we might get him, so we feel it's a good opportunity for him.

"He's going to a good club in a good league so, hopefully, it will benefit him."

On 'scouting' trips:
"I just enjoy watching football," he asserted. "I want to enjoy watching football all over the world. I try to get to as many games – that’s my style.

"I’m not always going to games to sign players – I’m sometimes going just for more knowledge and watching what’s going on. So I’ve done a wee bit of globetrotting over the last few days."

Translation: "I fecked off on holiday for a bit and left Roundy in charge of training"

On the phone to Moyes: "Boss, I've put the cones out, what do I do next?"

I don't find it hard to picture Rooney 'on the grass' at all.

MEN have the full transcript, so here's a bit more that isn't in my above post:

United’s falling share price
"I would say speak to the board about that. My job is to work with the players, get the players right, prepare them. You should speak to the board about that".

Replacing Anderson?
"We brought Darren Fletcher back and to be truthful we didn’t think Darren Fletcher was going to come back. If he did we weren’t sure when it was going to be. He’s been a breath of fresh air how well he has played. He already knows the building, he knows everything about this football club. So I think getting Darren Fletcher back gave us one other player and he’s done very well in the games already".

On Chelsea being a chance to answer critics:
"It’s always a big game. We are playing a good team and we will go there and do everything we can to win the game. We had a tight game at Old Trafford at the start of the season. It’s two clubs who are quite evenly matched in a lot of respects so we will go there and see what we can do".

Relationship with Mourinho after move for Rooney in the summer. Strained?
"No because we were never going to sell Wayne. My relationship with Jose has been fine. I respect him for the success he’s had and for the way he’s managed his clubs. He’s been one of the best modern-day managers and may well go on to be one of the great managers. I’ve got no problems at all with Jose".

Maybe he learned that the whole idea of players moving and providing options is not a one off, that others don't always have to play the ball out wide 30 times a game to only keep smashing it at the defenders and still be a threat as an attacking force.

Presser with Mata at 13.30GMT (3 hours 20 mins away)

Rooney,Fellani and Rvp trained today. Plus Moyes used his first "there's no doubt about that"

Usual thing really.

1. Pleased with the Mata deal as January always a tough month to do business in thought he played well against Cardiff.
  2. Team has to step up a gear now and having Rooney and Robin back will help that.
  3. Vidal unlikely to play as the deal is going through a bit too late for him to link up with the squad but Reus has a chance as he's been training with the squad on Skype all week.
  4. Kroos deal in place for the summer, very excited about making the step up and playing for United.
  5. Valencia and Young have been told they will never, ever play for this club again, enough is enough.
  6. Fellaini is fit and that's a big lift to everyone in the south stand who will finally be able to see the game again with him back down in the dugout.